• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116610LN - down to VSF and ZZF v3. Ultimate winner?

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
LV bezel is not photogenic. Cameras screw up the colours. Listen to the people who have these in hand.

The VSF numerals in the bezel are perfect, they are bright with a 3 dimensional sparkling galaxy of micro star shimmer, just like genuine. I have not seen ZZFV3 bezel, but I do not need to when I have got what I think is a perfect rep already. It's so good, I just asked Andrew for a black one and I'll be keeping in stickers in my safe for the future..and I already have a genuine LN to wear!

I'll also be able to asses if the bracelet quality is consistent with my current VSF which is astoundingly similar to my gen and way ahead of my arf bracelet. My suspicion being that not all bracelets/clasps from the same factory are finished equally and can be inconsistent. We'll see.

I was talking about the LN's, not LVs, and I was listening to those who had it in hand, and had pictures readily available.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...99-zzf-114060-v3-review?p=9435222#post9435222

The v3 is clearly brighter in dim lighting against the VSF.

VSF is no slouch however, the only one that looks particularly bad is the RXF. Which is why I am upgrading from it, it's my only problem with the model.

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I've got my VSF QC in, and it seems good to go. As far as the date wheel goes it definitely seems like the early batches with the fat date font got phased out. It was the biggest issue and I'm glad that's gone now.

Now waiting for the ZZF QC...

Reactions: JDM180

Samaritan

Horology Curious
19/11/20
I've got my VSF QC in, and it seems good to go. As far as the date wheel goes it definitely seems like the early batches with the fat date font got phased out. It was the biggest issue and I'm glad that's gone now.

Which TD did you go with? You ordered two days ago and you already have QC? I'm looking to grab the no date ZZF v3

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU

Looks good. Jokes aside, what do you think of the SELS on this one? DW also looks a little left justified.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Looks good. Jokes aside, what do you think of the SELS on this one? DW also looks a little left justified.

Thanks. SELs in QC pics looks like my RXF in qc pics, and in real life my RXFs SELs are great. I should hope for the same for this VSF. I'll report about it when I get it.

As far as the date wheel I thought that too. My RXF's 14 is similar. I think it looks left justified cause of how blown up it is, and is only for this particular number on the datewheel.

Here is 4 and 25.

I think these show that 14 is just an anomaly, but please feel free to share if you think otherwise. I did ask him for QC for 3 more dates just to make sure.

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
Thanks. SELs in QC pics looks like my RXF in qc pics, and in real life my RXFs SELs are great. I should hope for the same for this VSF. I'll report about it when I get it.

As far as the date wheel I thought that too. My RXF's 14 is similar. I think it looks left justified cause of how blown up it is, and is only for this particular number on the datewheel.

Here is 4 and 25.

I think these show that 14 is just an anomaly, but please feel free to share if you think otherwise. I did ask him for QC for 3 more dates just to make sure.

If I’m being pedantic the 25 looks ever so slightly left justified too and the 4 is centred. So it may just be the double digits.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
If I’m being pedantic the 25 looks ever so slightly left justified too and the 4 is centred. So it may just be the double digits.

Mmm yeah, if you blow up the magnification like it is it looks maybe ever so slightly to the left. I can guarantee that would not be noticeable in real life on wrist for me. I can hardly make a case for it blown up in this photo lol

As someone who has redlight many shitty date wheels, this is OK by me :)

I have 3 more double digit shots coming up with my TD, will update sequentially

Last edited:

Redheart

17/5/19
Good luck! I like the attitude and plan. I considered doing the same thing, but there seemed to be a consensus that there wasn’t enough material on the CG’s for a reshape?

4.jpg

Redheart

17/5/19
reshape Cg from ZZF? that's crazy and it can cost more than the watch itself
ZaNOGv.jpg

I will DIY, so cost is on my time. It doesn't look that hard actually.
Compared to some heavy reshaping I did, this looks like an easy job :

49498763916_2a21704bd4_c.jpg

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Okay, my dealer (Geektime, who is not a TD here, but answering someone's earlier question here) went graciously out of his way to show me literally all the dates. Here's a sample:

Some are ever so slightly shifted, some are bang on. I don't think it's RL-worthy, as the few that seem shifted are just blown up in a picture. I think it's safe to greenlight this. I don't think there would be a better VSF model out there at this point and time.

Now for the ZZF...

Substar

16/9/20
Dates are fine. Rehaut engraving is all over the place though! Some letters bang on and some way off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Okay, my dealer (Geektime, who is not a TD here, but answering someone's earlier question here) went graciously out of his way to show me literally all the dates. Here's a sample:

Some are ever so slightly shifted, some are bang on. I don't think it's RL-worthy, as the few that seem shifted are just blown up in a picture. I think it's safe to greenlight this. I don't think there would be a better VSF model out there at this point and time.

Now for the ZZF...

Thanks for posting that. The VSF dates are perfectly fine for OOTB - you wont get much better than that. When you compare these with the ARF/JF/Noob dates which are all over the place this is like heaven. I could never understand why ARF/Noob always always f**ked up on their DWs. Always look like crap.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Okay! ZZF QC pics are in. Gotta say, from what I can see, the rehaut on this seems okay. End link recession look great, dates are perfectly aligned. I think I received a great model here.
ZagW3b.jpg
Zag5Ei.jpg
ZagerX.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SuperBatman

Substar

16/9/20
Zzf would nail it if they upgraded the cg shape on the V4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: JDM180

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Would you guys reject cause of this rehaut?

Man, everything seems so spot on except for this. Makes this decision really hard.