• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116610LN - down to VSF and ZZF v3. Ultimate winner?

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Comfortable Lunatic thank you.

You're welcome. I am happy for you. You have seen the admin here right? Would you like to comment on what you prefer between the ZZF and VSF, aka the point of this thread?

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I will wrap this up by reiterating that I will purchase both the ZZF v3 and the VSF. I'll make a comparison and report what I prefer and give back to the community on what I personally think is the best OOTB for my tastes. Hopefully that lessens the sourness of this topic and makes up for a bit to help other people stuck pondering what to get.

Stay tuned!

ABC123

22/8/07
USA
Except the vast vast vast majority of people buying a 10k watch isn't going diving into deep depths. Only desk diving. This is a luxury item, for fashion and for status. 904L is absolutely useless to the vast majority of people and only useful to the rare strange breeds that are diving with a 10k luxury watch and not some high end machine instead.

904L is less resistant to scratches and inferior to 316L in this regard. I would take 316L any day for day to day needs to have more scratch prevention which is infinitely more useful than something I'd never do which is dive deep with a luxury watch. And I'm sure the vast majority would say the same. 904L is absolutely a marketing gimmick. Even more so to their other products in their lineup that aren't even for diving and use 904L, such as the Yacht-Master, Date-just, Oyster Perpetual, Daytona.... can't use the diving reason there. It's just a scheme to differentiate their product. Even if that differentiation is inferior. But knobs like Bigpoppad eat it up so... it's working!

dude believing some rep factory is actually using 904L is like saying the movement is a Swiss ETA 2836

Reactions: Tete

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
The vsf i made that clear earlier

Cool. I am over the moon with my RXF except the bezel is a tad dark in low lighting. I hear the VSF fixes that. I'm definitely looking forward to trying it out.

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
dude believing some rep factory is actually using 904L is like saying the movement is a Swiss ETA 2836

There was a post made by puretime stating they checked a few and most are using a combo, some are, and some are not at all. I guess it depends on the factory. As I mentioned, though... I don't think it matters what grade it is. But I agree with you for the most part.

XpanzerX

I'm Pretty Popular
19/8/17
Youre a halfwit. Youre dismissing a product youve never seen in fact what havve you seen. You started the thread and bought up the zf and made blanket statements with zero experience. I dont rubbish the zff v3 or vsf because i have not held them. You should do the same

You are such a blatant ZF fan boy it’s ridiculous, you spew nothing but garbage. Many members have called you about on it. It’s tiring at this point....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Vazor and Duckber

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Well thats an attempt at condescension, hardly a good way to de escalate there buddy
I'd know at least one much better way. You want me to show you? Pull your head out of your ass and knock off that childish behaviour, trying to talk back to everyone. It won't end well, as Steelfish had mentioned already.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Came here to see if I should get myself a VSF or ZZF for xmas.

Went away entertained. Still undecided. Lol

HAHAHAAHA - either will do fine mate. I just got the VSF because when comparing to ZZF I like the bezel, engraving and the crystal/cyclops/DW better on the VSF. I dont care too much for the SELs or crown guard shapes I can accept both of them as they are.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
This pillow fight got me so confused about the "Ultimate Sub" (i.e. the Sub to end all Subs) that I had to order a VSF and check it out by myself. You wouldn't believe how big my stress level is right now...

ZalRZ4.gif

Reactions: GrandmasterChime

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
HAHAHAAHA - either will do fine mate. I just got the VSF because when comparing to ZZF I like the bezel, engraving and the crystal/cyclops/DW better on the VSF. I dont care too much for the SELs or crown guard shapes I can accept both of them as they are.

Could've done worse! These are the top two reps currently in my opinion.

I'm getting both and I'll C&R the one I like least, but I'll detail why I chose what I chose after reviewing both in person.

You actually came at the right time for VSF I think, as the DW in the first few batches was really thick. I think that's been sorted now.

Last edited:

deaftpunk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/3/15
I have officially read every page on this thread and can confidently conclude that this shitstain of a thread should be purged from this forum. Literally no discussion happening here - what a huge waste of time.

Last edited:

BlackIceBob

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/1/14
I have officially read every page on this thread and can confidently conclude that this shitstain of a thread should be purged from this forum. Literally no discussion happening here - what a huge waste of time.

Amen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NFleischer

I'm Pretty Popular
9/12/08
Except the vast vast vast majority of people buying a 10k watch isn't going diving into deep depths. Only desk diving. This is a luxury item, for fashion and for status. 904L is absolutely useless to the vast majority of people and only useful to the rare strange breeds that are diving with a 10k luxury watch and not some high end machine instead.

904L is less resistant to scratches and inferior to 316L in this regard. I would take 316L any day for day to day needs to have more scratch prevention which is infinitely more useful than something I'd never do which is dive deep with a luxury watch. And I'm sure the vast majority would say the same. 904L is absolutely a marketing gimmick. Even more so to their other products in their lineup that aren't even for diving and use 904L, such as the Yacht-Master, Date-just, Oyster Perpetual, Daytona.... can't use the diving reason there. It's just a scheme to differentiate their product. Even if that differentiation is inferior. But knobs like Bigpoppad eat it up so... it's working!

I think if a rep says its 904L SS it should be. Apparently quite a few are not, even if it's only the clasp.
I own 3 Gen Rolex and a lot of reps,including 4 with 904L SS. To me the sheen of a Gen Rolex is the first thing I notice. When you directly compare with a 316 SS version you can see a difference
with IMO, 904L looking brighter and whiter. It's hard to see unless you A/B compare next to each other.
That said, I have some Gen Breitlings and Rado that do not use 904SS but are polished to a very bright finish.

ABC123

22/8/07
USA

winner winner chicken dinner. I agree