• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116610LN - down to VSF and ZZF v3. Ultimate winner?

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Yes I know, it's another sub topic. But I'd like to think it's a little different because I'm omitting a couple for flaws.

I have an RXF and while very nice, the bezel is just way too dim. VSF is easily worth the 50 dollar upgrade for the bezel marker brightness alone.

ZF is the most pricey by far, but those flush lugs look DHGate level and for $518 which is $90 more than the next two it does not look worth it.

Which comes down to ZZF v3 ETA 2836 vs VSF 3135

VSF used to have the argument that it was the biggest bang for buck. But with ZZF's eta variant, they're both priced at $428

I also personally prefer ETA.

I honestly seen a couple posts on these two against each other, but it would be different models ie one is a hulk and one is the black variant.

One actually had both in black but never really answered what he preferred.

I think it's safe to say that ARF, NOOB, RXF, ZF can be safely omitted and it's down to these two models.

I'm really having a hard time choosing between these two even with all the topics.

So with both models being equal, what would be the wisest choice?

Last edited:
Reactions: Reto

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
They are both good but personally I think VSF is the way to go. It just looks so good for a rep. Best OOTB sub that's been produced over the last decade imho. My Noob v7/v8 looks like crap compared to the VSF. We've come a long long way since 2011 when I joined this forum. LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: sukwonee

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Yes I know, it's another sub topic. But I'd like to think it's a little different because I'm omitting a couple for flaws.

I have an RXF and while very nice, the bezel is just way too dim. VSF is easily worth the 50 dollar upgrade for the bezel marker brightness alone.

ZF is the most pricey by far, but those flush lugs look DHGate level and for $518 which is $90 more than the next two it does not look worth it.

Which comes down to ZZF v3 ETA 2836 vs VSF 3135

VSF used to have the argument that it was the biggest bang for buck. But with ZZF's eta variant, they're both priced at $428

I also personally prefer ETA.

I honestly seen a couple posts on these two against each other, but it would be different models ie one is a hulk and one is the black variant.

One actually had both in black but never really answered what he preferred.

I think it's safe to say that ARF, NOOB, RXF, ZF can be safely omitted and it's down to these two models.

I'm really having a hard time choosing between these two even with all the topics.

So with both models being equal, what would be the wisest choice?

This is what annoys me about this argument. Who said the zf has flush lugs? Im the one that said they could be deeper but really it was in order to be fair and honest. They all have flaws, the question should be why is the vsf so much cheaper than every other top tier rep. Where did they take shortcuts in order to hit that pricepoint. If your argument is price there are heaps of other cheap options

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
This is what annoys me about this argument. Who said the zf has flush lugs? Im the one that said they could be deeper but really it was in order to be fair and honest. They all have flaws, the question should be why is the vsf so much cheaper than every other top tier rep. Where did they take shortcuts in order to hit that pricepoint. If your argumentcis orice there are heaps of cheap options

I haven't seen you talk about the flush lugs, I have seen someone who actually owned the ZF talk about it and say it has flush lugs and when looking at pictures themselves I have come to the same conclusion.

Also VSF, as I mentioned, isn't the cheapest anymore. The ZZF is the same price with an ETA variant which is actually a plus for me. That's why I'm having trouble deciding between the two.

I know they both have flaws, but realistically flaws are hard to tell unless you have both in hand. One might be perceived to have more flaws but still have that... gen factor. That quality factor that still makes it the one to get. Which is why I might just do a C&R on both if it's still indecisive.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
I haven't seen you talk about the flush lugs, I have seen someone who actually owned the ZF talk about it and say it has flush lugs and when looking at pictures themselves I have come to the same conclusion.

Also VSF, as I mentioned, isn't the cheapest anymore. The ZZF is the same price with an ETA variant which is actually a plus for me. That's why I'm having trouble deciding between the two.

I know they both have flaws, but realistically flaws are hard to tell unless you have both in hand. One might be perceived to have more flaws but still have that... gen factor. That quality factor that still makes it the one to get. Which is why I might just do a C&R on both if it's still indecisive.

I do own the zf and did a mini review. Calling anything on the zf dh quality is ridiculous. You talk about genlike quality the zf has that in spades. There hasnt been one person on here who has the zf zzf and vsf who hasnt put the zf on top. But what would they know

Reactions: Yogibear

peterpl

24/7/11
This is what annoys me about this argument. Who said the zf has flush lugs? Im the one that said they could be deeper but really it was in order to be fair and honest. They all have flaws, the question should be why is the vsf so much cheaper than every other top tier rep. Where did they take shortcuts in order to hit that pricepoint. If your argument is price there are heaps of other cheap options

Price doesnt mean anything. They are all over $400+. Noob is still expensive but they are not the top now. Maybe VSF are lowering their profit to take a larger chunk of the rep customer base. Their business model might be different as in they would rather sell volume than increase price by $20-$30 each one.

Maybe they get movements cheaper or bezels cheaper. Who knows its all speculative as NO ONE knows their business model. What should matter to us as end customers is the quality of the rep itself and VSF are doing an excellent job with that regardless of price.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I do own the zf and did a mini review. Calling anything on the zf dh quality is ridiculous. You talk about genlike quality the zf has that in spades. There hasnt been one person on here who has the zf zzf and vsf who hasnt put the zf on top. But what would they know

I never said that ZF doesn't have attributes that are not genlike though? My point is SEL recession is a big factor to me and them having flush end links and priced $90 more than the next two competitors seems out of the question for me. I am just curious what the best choice out of ZZF's v3 and VSF is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Price doesnt mean anything. They are all over $400+. Noob is still expensive but they are not the top now. Maybe VSF are lowering their profit to take a larger chunk of the rep customer base. Their business model might be different as in they would rather sell volume than increase price by $20-$30 each one.

Maybe they get movements cheaper or bezels cheaper. Who knows its all speculative as NO ONE knows their business model. What should matter to us as end customers is the quality of the rep itself and VSF are doing an excellent job with that regardless of price.

Or maybe they buy cheaper 316 parts that are also used on cheaper no name factory subs they you wouldnt look twice at but the vsf brand gives you confidence. Chances that they are just good guys trying to do right by the customer at a cheaper price is delusional. How often with any other product is the best quality product the cheapest one.

peterpl

24/7/11
Or maybe they buy cheaper 316 parts that are also used on cheaper no name factory subs they you wouldnt look twice at but the vsf brand gives you confidence. Chances that they are just good guys trying to do right by the customer at a cheaper price is delusional. How often with any other product is the best quality product the cheapest one.

yeah dont worry about that. Every time a factory tries to rip off or deceive the rep community they eventually get called out. I've been around long enough to know guys on here will analyse EVERYTHING and the truth eventually comes out when ppl or factories deceive. For now its nothing but speculation your putting out.

Lets just get back to discussions on the ZZF vs VSF based on actuals and not assumptions.

Back on topic - in all honesty BOTH are great! ZZF does some better and VSF does some aspects better. Its what you personally prefer. I will probably by both anyway. LOL

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19

Let's also be completely honest, 316L is arguably better than 904L in a practical setting and 904L is a marketing gimmick anyways. If VSF's trade off is looking at what actually matters ie crystal clarity, nice end link recession etc at the expense of cutting useless fat like 904L then I'm all for it.

I really don't want to deviate too much from the main topic though. I'm just not a fan of ZF. This is a topic mainly about ZZF and VSF especially since they're the exact same price for the models used.

I'm sorry if you own a ZF and that annoyed you. I'm glad you enjoy yours.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
When you start a thread called ultimate winner, but you decide the final two when you dont own them youre gonna get blowback

I think you have owned the RXF, but have you owned the ZZF v3 or VSF? If so why are you so sure yourself ZF is worth the extra $90?

Regardless I think it's a crazy amount to ask for considering their 15500 rep is cheaper and that model is twice as expensive in Gen.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
I think you have owned the RXF, but have you owned the ZZF v3 or VSF? If so why are you so sure yourself ZF is worth the extra $90?

Regardless I think it's a crazy amount to ask for considering their 15500 rep is cheaper and that model is twice as expensive in Gen.

I have owned a noob v8, a noob v10, i still have a zzf v2s hulk on an arf bracelet, and a zf. The price thing cracks me up, because people will say the hands are crap but it doesnt matter because its easy to change for gen. At what cost. Lets be clear i dont think the vsf is a bad watch at all or the zzf. I wear the zzf alot. I just wonder why the zf is dismissed when everyone one on here who has done the comparison has picked the zf over the vsf and the zzf. So if your talking ultimate bang for buck the vsf wins but not necessarily THE ultimate ootb.

If vsf do a 126610 like reported im on it

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I have owned a noob v8, a noob v10, i still have a zzf v2s hulk on an arf bracelet, and a zf. The price thing cracks me up, because people will say the hands are crap but it doesnt matter because its easy to change for gen. At what cost. Lets be clear i dont think the vsf is a bad watch at all or the zzf. I wear the zzf alot. I just wonder why the zf is dismissed when everyone one on here who has done the comparison has picked the zf over the vsf and the zzf. So if your talking ultimate bang for buck the vsf wins but not necessarily THE ultimate ootb.

Let me reiterate, SEL recession is a huge factor to me that I find very visually pleasing to the eye. As you said, they all have different flaws and it all depends on which flaws you can be comfortable with. That's why I personally throw ZF out.

You haven't had a ZZF v3 which I heard is a major upgrade to even the V2S. Nor the VSF... so you're speculating like the rest of us.

I have seen people choose the ZF as their favorite, but realisticlaly speaking maybe just by two people who actually had all 3 in hand.

That's not exactly a sizeable amount to go by.

Regardless, if you'd rather this be phrased as "best $428 dollar rep" then yeah we can go with that. Not a big deal to me, ZF just doesn't look good with those terrible end links for my personal tastes. Certainly not for $90 more.

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Okay enjoy your budget rep

I have never seen someone take offense over a different opinion before. Now I get why gen owners are upset at rep owners, cause deep down they feel like they might have wasted more money on a product and want to lash out at those who save their cash on a different product.

It's okay, bro. Enjoy that ZF!