• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF 114060 V2S comparison with gen

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
Hi folks,

I’ve heard so much about ZZF subs that I decided to get one just to see what’s all the hype is about. I got this specific 114060 V2s version last week on M2M sale from mrsullivan (thanks mate!). Since I have a gen 114060, I will do a quick rep-2-gen comparison.

Before we start: I don’t give a damn about macro shots. I don’t measure anything just to see if there is a 0.01mm difference. This review is to share with you my impressions. I am by no means a Rolex expert, but I’ve had several Rolex reps (Sky factory 2813 cheapie; Noob V9, ARF, almost-a-super-franken) and both 116610ln and 114060 gen.

Executive summary:
It’s a really good rep, totally worth the money, but two upgrades are necessary: an ARF bracelet and a gen bezel insert. The VR3130 moment is awesome.

Step by step review

Dial: In my humble opinion, this is the best rep dial I’ve seen. Much better than noob and arf (I haven’t seen VSF nor RXF in real life). It’s super close to gen, actually I’d argue you can’t see a difference without a loupe.

Hands: By far, the best looking hands I’ve seen on a rep. I’m not sure if this is maybe my old eyes playing tricks on me, but it feels like they are not exactly 1-to-1 with gen hands, but they have a wonderful 3d effect, polish, and everything.

Crystal: good quality, I don’t see a need to swap it with gen (it’s not a 116610 with a cyclop, after all). Crystal height and shape is correct.

Rehaut: this is weird. Looking at the pics, it looks excellent. But when I hold the watch in my hand, there is something wrong about it. I might be crazy but I think the ZZF rehaut is not exactly placed at the same angle as gen. As if the ZZF was not completely vertical. Or maybe it’s the crystal and/or gasket that does such illusion. Sorry, I’m not an expert here, not sure what it is, but it just looks a bit weird.

Bezel: spot on, no complains here. The sound and feel is super close to gen.

Bezel insert: definitely needs to be swaped with gen (or at least clean factory or spongebob). Wrong shape and filling color.

Crown: good enough. If you can change it for gen, then do it, but it is not necessary.

Movement: great. I’ve handled SA3135, SH3135, 2813, A2824, and many gens. This is definitely gen like (in terms of how it feels, not build quality!).

Bracelet: sorry, but it’s crap. Total piece of sh*t. Screams fake from the first touch. SELs are great, polish is ok, but damn, this is horrible. Even NoobV9 had a better bracelet. The clasp looks really good, but the moment you open it you know it’s fake.

Build quality and general impressions: let me tell you a story. Yesterday I came home late at night and wanted to just look again at the gen and ZZF. The thing is that I wasn't sure which one was gen and which was rep. Just by looking at them from 20cm, in so-so lighting conditions, I was not able to tell the difference. The moment I picked them up, I was pretty sure (the damn bracelet!), but I still had to double-check the clasp codes... It's a good rep, just add a new bracelet (and maybe the insert) and you're home!

Just a heads-up: this specimen will be on sale in the m2m section today!

Pics will follow in the next post.

Reactions: mrsullivan

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Nice and thanks dude. The new nodate v3 have updated insert with "platinum filling"(CF insert). Think it is much better now

HG 2000

Supporter
22/7/20
“Before we start: I don’t give a damn about macro shots.”

This made me LOL.

Thanks for the review, it is helpful to see the two next to each other!

RHEFL

2/7/16
ITALY
Very nice review bro, thanks a lot!
CF insert under low light it’s really off, need an upgrade

ryantunna

I'm Pretty Popular
8/7/14
Totally agree wjth your assessment. I ordered the arf bracelet for my v2s and I’m currently looking for a gen bezel. Once that’s all set it’s pretty much good to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: micksmith1987

mariot

22/2/19
the insert is factory clean? are you sure for that? maybe they change it with something else.
because it is very dark!

Reactions: AlessandroLux

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Thank you for this comparison mate, I could'nt agree more with you on every aspects of the V2S version. It's a great rep indeed, but it needs an upgrade to be perfect.
The insert looked kind'o dark on the wrist, but next to the gen in the pictures, the ZZF insert screams dullness.

Great anylisis. You know what you have to do now : get a ZZF V3 and start again ;)

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: micksmith1987

Vampstar7

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/3/19
Great review! Very much helpful. Always nice to read 114060 threads... thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk