• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mini review ZZF v3 116610LV HULK, comparison with gen 116610LN

Malaka

Known Member
5/9/19
Germany
Could you post a close up of the face incl Pearl? It looks like yours is greener than the indices lume. Same as in my QC pics...

antonio220893

Known Member
26/8/18
Finally an objective review who doesn't have the prejudices of the people who wrote it. I bought a zzf3 and now I'm going to install a Cristal gen by a watchmaker. I hope that at finally I'll have a rep very close to gen. My only fear are about the dial and bezel color.

2841 about the color of dial and bezel of the v3, what do you think? (I've never had a gen hulk to compare him).

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Finally an objective review who doesn't have the prejudices of the people who wrote it. I bought a zzf3 and now I'm going to install a Cristal gen by a watchmaker. I hope that at finally I'll have a rep very close to gen. My only fear are about the dial and bezel color.

2841 about the color of dial and bezel of the v3, what do you think? (I've never had a gen hulk to compare him).

Thanks bud :) I sadly haven't had a gen Hulk in hand the last 6 months, so i'm going from memory here. The v2 and the v3 is slightly different in color, its like they toned the v3 down a bit. As in regards to the color vs gen. If you put it next to a gen, you will see a difference, but i dont think theres going to be a lot of people in the world who can point out whats correct and whats wrong :) Its mostly OCD guys like us here, that's going to spot the difference.

My honest opinion, damn good rep, and no one is going to call this on the wrist, BUT if you wanna make it feel special... Gen crystal, and a rebrush

Reactions: antonio220893

antonio220893

Known Member
26/8/18
if you wanna make it feel special... Gen crystal, and a rebrush

Gen Crystal is in uploading ???????? the watchmaker installing it in a few days.
For the rebrushing I’m thinking about use it for many times.. and after I’ll do it. Do you think it’s a good idea bud? @2841

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Gen Crystal is in uploading ???????? the watchmaker installing it in a few days.
For the rebrushing I’m thinking about use it for many times.. and after I’ll do it. Do you think it’s a good idea bud? @2841

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

If you wanna do a complete case and bracelet rebrush, you need to do it while the bezel if off. (Btw this is not equal to a restoration, it's simply a light correction to the factory brushing)

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
[mention]2841 [/mention]

Is it simple to rebrush? How much force is needed? Is it just a pass through

It takes some practice. First of all, you need the right tool (Bergeon blocks) and you need IMO a gen to match.

I had a couple of old noob bracelets that I practiced on, after that, it was trial and error until I found the combination that looked like my gens.

I spend about 2 hours on a bracelet, and finish of with a complete disassemble, cleaning and oil bath.

Reactions: mariot

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
AGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

You had the bezel off and didn't take a photo of the insert version on the back!!!!

I would have given you an A+ but now it's a C-

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
AGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

You had the bezel off and didn't take a photo of the insert version on the back!!!!

I would have given you an A+ but now it's a C-

Ha ha ha, maybe i did, maybe i didn't :)

No to be honest, if everything is okay with the insert and its alligend, i would rather not mess with it. I had one crack before, not a great feeling :)

My opinion, same as v2s, but the pearl looks better (Whiter)

Reactions: GingerBubba

cheww04

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/7/20
I wanted to thank every one of you including the post op for the wonderful review and information. I don't post much but enjoy reading and learning from everyone. I have a cheap noob hulk that after reading this review and replies among others I finally pulled the trigger on a ZZF Hulk V3 from my TD intime. I will try to post pictures when I eventually get it.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2841