• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RXF 116610LN Submariner - Review & Macros

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I received this RXF Sub from Sead just a few days ago and I'm quite happy with the build quality and feel on the wrist. The case is nicely brushed and finished, crown position is obviously incorrect due to the A2824. Hands are generally finished well, but the hour marker was scratched a little during assembly. Rehaut engraving could be a little deeper, it doesn't really catch light as well as on my ARF SD43. I received a specimen with well aligned rehaut, bezel and date/cyclops. Dial markers and print are good with just a tiny dimple in the middle. The date window print doesn't look bad and the cyclops is better then what I've seen from ARF so far (on my SD43 and DJ41). The black hole effect isn't that prononunced though, I sometimes get the feeling that Rolex adds a reflective coating to emphasize this. Their crystals are a nightmare to photograph, you can beraly see the dial in many positions because the reflections are all over the place.

I'm positively surprised about the bracelet quality - after an oil bath, it feels very smooth and comfy. The clasp also works fine with a minor misalignment of the small "closing flap". SELs look fine but are a little unevenly distributed. The one at 5 minutes is a little less pronounced than the rest. SEL link fit is extremely tight, I needed to use my "tweezer" tool to remove it. Bezel action is firm and sounds great, it'll probably loosen a little over time. The plating of the bezel numbers looks a bit dull and lifeless. Overall, RXF has done many things right and I'm wearing this one the third day in a row now. For the price you can't go wrong with this rep, it's a great watch.

ZW34Vv.jpg

ZW3kY8.jpg

ZW3dzR.jpg

ZW3wwK.jpg

ZW3uCj.jpg

ZW3si1.jpg

ZW3vG4.jpg

ZW3ELI.jpg

ZW3N8c.jpg

ZW3R7X.jpg

ZW3F3i.jpg

ZW3GYb.jpg

ZW30c5.jpg

ZW3Swp.jpg

ZW3xiF.jpg

ZW3JCt.jpg

Last edited:

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Great photos and thanks for the review. :drinks_cheers:

Enjoy the watch.

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
Thanks for sharing all the nice photos!
Indeed RXF/VSF have deliver the quality more than some other factories asking for. Very very value for money.

MadeiraG

Known Member
18/2/20
Amazing photos , macro lens ?

Madeira Games - Nintendo’s Arch Enemy Of The 90s

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Great pics thank you. Seems RXF is a very good alternative for the price.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

MadeiraG

Known Member
18/2/20
That’s amazing , so clear , thank you

Madeira Games - Nintendo’s Arch Enemy Of The 90s

nikefit

Known Member
16/1/12
Wow the photos are amazing, can't wait for mine to arrive

Sent from my RMX1903 using Tapatalk

supe12sta12z

Known Member
6/3/14
Guys, the crown height on the RXF is perfect. This is one of the advertised features of this watch.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
What's wrong with it, it looks perfect.

I thought the cutouts in the CG's should be a little more shifted towards the dial side? If it's exactly like gen, I'm even more happy with it. Not a big CG nitpicker to begin with. I care more about overall looks, manufacturing quality and feel on the wrist.

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
Thanks for taking the time for the review and photos (great btw). Wonder how long it will take RXF to jump to the new Sub.