• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Hulk comparison with Genuine and ZZF

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
You guys got me with this VSF Hulk. Haven’t purchased a rep in 10 years and the Noob v4 Daytona brought me back to this hobby...but this thread kept tugging at my strings so I ordered a VSF hulk for myself in addition to the Daytona that I recently ordered.

peer pressure is a MF’er!!!

Nice combo! I have both of those myself. Get yourself a large watch box buddy, I think 2021 is going to see some amazing reps to fill it with.:lol3:

Reactions: DetailGuy

dankahn63

Known Member
22/7/19
Glidelock on mine seems to be very stiff. Any idea what it could be? Still moves but have to really force it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Glidelock on mine seems to be very stiff. Any idea what it could be? Still moves but have to really force it

Stiff is much better than loose and flimsy, we can work with stiff.. I think best to add a little silicone grease (or oil if you don't have) and work it for 5-10mins. It'll get better with use.

Reactions: ColumnWheel

jamiex

25/7/09
Yorkshire
Mine landed today (cheers Sead) and all I’ve got to say is wow. I don’t think this will be coming off for a while.

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA

Noticed same on mine, oiled it but still requires a bit more force than my other clasps. “Stiff and force” do not go well with a glide lock system.

DetailGuy

Horology Curious
30/11/20
How is water resistance on this one. Is greasing case back and crown gaskets enough or does the crystal need sealed as well to have confidence around water.

I notice all the dealers claim they dry test them now but curious what additional measures should be taken.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I have two of these. The back on one of them was only finger tight! Both tightened now, they seem to handle my shower just fine. Just make sure the case back is screwed tight and I'm sure you'll be good for a dive to the bottom of your swimming pool.

Reactions: Kevstah

peterpl

24/7/11
I dont care what anyone else says on here. This VSF Hulk is the best OOTB submariner to hit our rep community in over 10 years. Look at these pictures sooooo good!! I've said it in the past that I've bought pretty much every Noob available and spent 1000s on so called "upgrades" and still not as good as this VSF.

Yes there is room for tiny improvements but even gens are far from perfect. On the wrist this thing looks like a million bucks.

Screw Noob!! They better up their game big big time to improve on this.

Here are some beautiful pictures I took today. I've got plenty of gens as well 116610LN, 116618LN, 116713LN, 228238, 228235 - I'm telling you coming from a owner of many gen Rolex's this is superb and for the price of $400 bucks or so you cant beat it. It actually also keeps better time than many of my gens. Its been running +1 since I got it about 1 month ago.

IMG-20210103-105459.jpg

IMG-20210103-105756.jpg

IMG-20210103-105803.jpg

IMG-20210103-105816.jpg

IMG-20210103-105830.jpg

IMG-20210103-110340.jpg

IMG-20210103-110358.jpg

IMG-20210103-110405.jpg

Last edited:

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
I just received my VSF Hulk a few days ago and it is very difficult to pull the crown out to the position to set the time. I c can unscrew and wind it, then goto the next position for date, but pulling it out to the last position to set the time I have to somehow pull so hard I feel like I’m going to pull the crown off. This can’t be normal. What is the fix?

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
That's definitely, definitely not normal. Get it to a watchsmith.

Pizzo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/3/19
oggi ho preso il mio vsf hulk e devo essere stato sfortunato. la lunetta e la corona hanno una finitura davvero pessima, affilata come una lama, che rende l'orologio non indossabile perché la corona fa male. l'azione della lunetta è molto traballante e il glidelock è bloccato. anche il sel è sbagliato, assomiglia di più a quello del Daytona. rispetto al mio Zzf v2 ha un inserto migliore e un cristallo davvero paragonabile al gen che ho montato sullo zzf. Ripeto, probabilmente ho ricevuto un orologio sfortunato e sta già partendo per Johnny Depp sperando di risolvere almeno i (grandi) problemi del traguardo.

Pizzo

31/3/19
today i got my vsf hulk and i must have been unlucky. the bezel and crown have a really bad finish, sharp as a blade, making the watch not wearable because the crown hurts. the action of the bezel is very wobbly and the glidelock is locked. even the sel is wrong, it looks more like that of the Daytona. compared to my Zzf v2s it has a better insert and a crystal really comparable to the gen that I mounted on the zzf. I repeat, I probably received an unlucky specimen and it is already leaving for Johnny Depp hoping to solve at least the (big) problems of the finish.

NYC_MIA

Known Member
6/7/19

What’s the serial number start with?
What’s the bracelet clasp code?
Did it come with a warranty card that matches the serial number?

Hard to tell from the pic but can anyone else chime in on the size of the crown guards?

Pizzo

31/3/19
hi, yes I'm sure. purchased from TD and delivered with all the equipment I have come to know. honestly i am disappointed, if i reverse the inserts with my v2s i would get a definitely better watch. let's see if Johnny can recover.

Mc Queen

Renowned Member
11/10/20
Italy
I have the same sharp crown and bad glidelock on my vsf hulk ordered on 15/11. Clasp 7GJ and serial number starting with S19.
9d3e4072887624ce78e4810010165633.jpg
c745b1cdc118ac5a3e4636be76add012.jpg

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1A utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: macarone

macarone

Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
today i got my vsf hulk and i must have been unlucky. the bezel and crown have a really bad finish, sharp as a blade, making the watch not wearable because the crown hurts. the action of the bezel is very wobbly and the glidelock is locked. even the sel is wrong, it looks more like that of the Daytona. compared to my Zzf v2s it has a better insert and a crystal really comparable to the gen that I mounted on the zzf. I repeat, I probably received an unlucky specimen and it is already leaving for Johnny Depp hoping to solve at least the (big) problems of the finish.

You are so fortunate to have in hands of JD! What are you planning to do?

peterpl

24/7/11

Sorry but I just have to ask have you used a genuine Rolex before? Just asking because many members on here have never held or operated a genuine Rolex bezel or clasp so they dont know what its meant to feel like in the first place.

I've now played with over 5 examples of the VSF and ALL of them have a great bezel action. There is slight backplay but that is exactly the same as how the genuine should operate. The noise and the rotational feel is very very good. 100x better than Noob and some other makers.

Regarding the glidelock it is not locked. Its just stiff initially until you play with it many times and soak it in some WD40. The genuine glidelock on my 116618LB when I first got it was stiff as anything as well until I started to use it more often.

Not sure what your talking about bezel scallops they are fine.

Here are some pictures of my gen 116618LB next to the VSF Hulk. The crown, the bezel action, the bezel scallops looks damn perfect. The genuine is also sharp and the gen crown is also sharp. Even the cyclops and crystal are very very very good for a straight out of the box rep. This is what I have been going on about all along as a owner of many gens I'm impressed. Pics below.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited: