• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Hulk comparison with Genuine and ZZF

Timewellspent

Renowned Member
2/4/13
South Florida
If you only want to upgrade because of the insert. I think you might be disappointed. The insert on the zzf v3 or vsf is not going to be that much different then your v2s.

That’s not completely accurate, even if he upgrades to zzf v3 it’s still a big step up from v2s just in bracelet alone, the v3 uses same exact bracelet from arf which if he doesn’t have in his zzf would be another $100 plus upgrade. Plus more things they upgraded. Not fair to undersell their upgrade. But I still ordered a vsf just from compairing pics alone

arpa90

2/11/18
That’s not completely accurate, even if he upgrades to zzf v3 it’s still a big step up from v2s just in bracelet alone, the v3 uses same exact bracelet from arf which if he doesn’t have in his zzf would be another $100 plus upgrade. Plus more things they upgraded. Not fair to undersell their upgrade. But I still ordered a vsf just from compairing pics alone
A user on here did a short comparison of the new v3 against his old v2 zzf. He thought the bracelet is trash on the v3. Its all subjective. Also the v3 bracelet is not an exact arf bracelet. There are visual differences.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

dabestone

Renowned Member
6/12/14
Hi guys, for the VS3135 movement, does it have the same direction for setting time as gen?

Thanks

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
A user on here did a short comparison of the new v3 against his old v2 zzf. He thought the bracelet is trash on the v3. Its all subjective. Also the v3 bracelet is not an exact arf bracelet. There are visual differences.

So many confilicting opinions on ARF and VSF and ZZF bracelets, I think it’s luck of the draw how good a bracelet you get. My VSF bracelet is like my genuine, my ARF needed smoothed and oiled to feel good. Zzfv2s bracelet/clasp/glide was DHgate stuff

Last edited:
Reactions: federik91

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
No. Sorry, could you enlarge it a bit more?

edit - why are you comparing a rep with a rep? Compare it with a gen.

You're missing the point completely. This has nothing to do with who's making the most accurate Sub, it's about who's making the best rep.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think

ZZF's bracelet is made by the same factory ARF uses, but apparently it's made of 316l according to Angus, so it won't be the "same thing" afaik.

arpa90

2/11/18
ZZF's bracelet is made by the same factory ARF uses, but apparently it's made of 316l according to Angus, so it won't be the "same thing" afaik.
Li@Jtime showed a test he did on the v3 bracelet. Its 904l.

You're missing the point completely. This has nothing to do with who's making the most accurate Sub, it's about who's making the best rep.
I dont understand. How can you figure out who is making the best replica if you ignore which one is the most accurate??? Unless of course your comment was sarcasm.

So many confilicting opinions on ARF and VSF and ZZF bracelets, I think it’s luck of the draw how good a bracelet you get. My VSF bracelet is like my genuine, my ARF needed smoothed and oiled to feel good. Zzfv2s bracelet/clasp/glide was DHgate stuff
Can confirm. Had to clean and lub my vsf bracelet. But it feels good now.

Reactions: StreetFighter

PAMorROLEX

26/10/20
EU
I got the VSF Hulk today. Huge thanks again to Trustytime, thanks Andrew!

I have a genuine 116610LN from 2018 and a ZZF V2S Hulk from last month that I am comparing it to. I also compare it to the bracelet from ARF, (supposedly) the best Submariner bracelet and clasp too. My finding below along with unboxing and too many pics too!

The Hulk with the stickers on is the VSF, the black LN is genuine.

Please enjoy my pics.

ZUVvn5.jpg
ZUVNZt.jpg
ZUV7sF.jpg
ZUVuhp.jpg

Thanks a lot for your detailed review, it means a lot to me. VSF seems to be a choice to go. I have ordered both LN and LV versions along with Seamaster 2018 SS/YG from different TDs. I really do love the quality of the content in this thread :)

Reactions: Jayalvin777

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
I'm very tempted by this new VSF, but i'm having an hard choice between LN & LV, mostly because of totallly opposite opinion like this:
VSF dial is mesmerising in a way the ZZF just is not, it for sure takes the win here.
VSF did make a good effort but its better in black than Hulk those who want to compare ZZF Hulk is the closest to Gen available everything on ZZF is much better
The dial is awful in VSF Hulk colour crazy bright nothing like genuine

PAMorROLEX

26/10/20
EU
Buy both the versions and decide what you want to keep and what you want to let go.. I am sure, you are gonna love the process

I'm very tempted by this new VSF, but i'm having an hard choice between LN & LV, mostly because of totallly opposite opinion like this:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Thanks a lot for your detailed review, it means a lot to me. VSF seems to be a choice to go. I have ordered both LN and LV versions along with Seamaster 2018 SS/YG from different TDs. I really do love the quality of the content in this thread :)

Nevermind my review..thats 2nd place now..

..but did you see this one

khurum_m Thank you for supplying the VFS to me.
When I had the ZZF V3, I thought this was it. An excellent rep. BUT now having the VFS, my vote goes to VFS.
I have not spent ages analysing every little detail of the watch. I let others do that, and I read their reviews :)
The ZZF is a close second. The VFS dial is more like the gen, and I have to agree that the bracelet is slightly better than ZZF. the bezel movement better on VFS.
I have taken the pictures today with my iPhone pro, lighting was not great today.

In pictures VFS is on left, ZZF on right, Gen in middle
Hope this helps. I have enjoyed reading others peoples contribution to this post.
I am sold on VFS.