• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VRF new GMT Master II (v2) with CF Bezel insert released

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
This is my vrf with gen insert and crystal
af2b74362d64100ca3b2832d01d6e5cd.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
One of best examples around for not a huge amount of money. VR3185 already in place, correct 116710 CGs. Bullseye.

Thanks sir. Someone change also the dw, but I think the stock dw is good enough. But gen insert and crystal make this watch.

guillaumelagier

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/20
I have the impression that the numbers are not too big but are too deep in the bezel, which accentuates the visual effect of thickness with the light.

guillaumelagier

9/6/20
it's really much better than the insert v1, in real life I think the insert CF must really be good!

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Have to agree it’s exciting to see CF finally has a GMT bezel out in the market. I know they were working on this for quite a while. Not bad for a 1st edition.... but the font is definitely too thick. Hopefully we’ll see a 2nd edition CF much closer to gen, in the near future. Maybe on the long anticipated ZZF 116710 LN/BLNR?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020 and Tione12

enyce

Horology Curious
4/2/20
Have to agree it’s exciting to see CF finally has a GMT bezel out in the market. I know they were working on this for quite a while. Not bad for a 1st edition.... but the font is definitely too thick. Hopefully we’ll see a 2nd edition CF much closer to gen, in the near future. Maybe on the long anticipated ZZF 116710 LN/BLNR?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if zzf release a GMT II with a cf bezel that has the correct thickness font... just take my money

Reactions: federik91

grandphuba

8/4/18

I've been away the rep scene for a year, but before I left I bought a VRF GMT and a gen insert.

When I tried putting the gen insert on the VRF assembly, it was too loose. Did you replace the assembly as well or did you just use some adhesive?

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
I've been away the rep scene for a year, but before I left I bought a VRF GMT and a gen insert.

When I tried putting the gen insert on the VRF assembly, it was too loose. Did you replace the assembly as well or did you just use some adhesive?

I bought the watch, the gen crystal and the gen insert, then I sent all to Johnny Depp.. I like to source the gen parts but I can’t do nothing by myself.. now I have bought three gen 116520 dials, I am waiting for three noob v4 and then I will send all to jd

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
I bought the watch, the gen crystal and the gen insert, then I sent all to Johnny Depp.. I like to source the gen parts but I can’t do nothing by myself.. now I have bought three gen 116520 dials, I am waiting for three noob v4 and then I will send all to jd

Really nice GMT mate. Enjoy!!

Nice pickups on the 3x 116520 dials.... What's the plan with those? Really look forward to seeing them.

Last edited:

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
Really nice GMT mate. Enjoy!!

Nice pickups on the 3x 116520 dials.... What's the plan with those? Really look forward to seeing those.

Thanks mate!
I pm you because I don’t want to go out of topic here

d1nomite

4/6/20

Looks amazing. Can you sum up the costs and maybe tell me where to find those gen parts at a reasonable price? :) would love to own such a beauty! GMT aka my holy grail.

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
Looks amazing. Can you sum up the costs and maybe tell me where to find those gen parts at a reasonable price? :) would love to own such a beauty! GMT aka my holy grail.

I found a gen crystal for 350€ (new in blister) and a gen insert for 400€ (new in blister)
I usually search gen parts on Chrono24..

6eeba90fce6c3ffe741b188ac5a5951d.jpg

grandphuba

8/4/18

Got it, so I guess the bezel assembly wasn't changed. Perhaps I'll give it another try with my gen insert.

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
Just approved this from Li, I am genuinely surprised at the quality of the CF insert at first glance. Unsure how close it is, but won't matter as swapping for gen insert along with a gen xtal. Not bothering with DW as looks solid to me. Currently have a small franken noob (movement gave up) which will be taking parts from and getting Adrian to swap out.

Couple of questions here for our GMT gurus, will a Gen bezel assembly/insert pop straight onto the VRF case? Or are more parts needed?

Will an ARF bracelet fit without any issues/mods?

Thanks in advance.

KJ2020
c437a43d3ac39ae488a4a9478b517ebf.jpg
66a8e9f85f1b4e2ef735fc0c84e068fc.jpg
ce7c9cfced257b6c9482aebb083ac3e0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Just approved this from Li, I am genuinely surprised at the quality of the CF insert at first glance. Unsure how close it is, but won't matter as swapping for gen insert along with a gen xtal. Not bothering with DW as looks solid to me. Currently have a small franken noob (movement gave up) which will be taking parts from and getting Adrian to swap out.

Couple of questions here for our GMT gurus, will a Gen bezel assembly/insert pop straight onto the VRF case? Or are more parts needed?

Will an ARF bracelet fit without any issues/mods?

Thanks in advance.

KJ2020
c437a43d3ac39ae488a4a9478b517ebf.jpg
66a8e9f85f1b4e2ef735fc0c84e068fc.jpg
ce7c9cfced257b6c9482aebb083ac3e0.jpg

You might find that the VRF bezel is good enough for you bro and just swap in the insert and the crystal as others have done. If you want the bezel too, you should change the crystal retaining ring also. The VRF one is not the best quality and you may have fit issues. If you get the bezel, make sure it is complete with the gasket (hytrel ring) and the 3 pin click ring if you can. Best not to have a weak rep part in your gen assembly. The hytrel rings are very hard to source and expensive for what they are.

IDK of anyone who has tried to fit an ARF bracelet to a VRF case. I know the ARF oyster will fit a Noob and a GMF case nicely so chances are good. Maybe cassapanca can measure the lug width. VRF has a history of cases with slightly smaller lug widths (19.9mm) but those were Sub cases. The ARF bracelet would be an easy flip if it doesn't fit.

ARF bracelet on a Noob case

16060736357040.jpg

Reactions: dom1986

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
You might find that the VRF bezel is good enough for you bro and just swap in the insert and the crystal as others have done. If you want the bezel too, you should change the crystal retaining ring also. The VRF one is not the best quality and you may have fit issues. If you get the bezel, make sure it is complete with the gasket (hytrel ring) and the 3 pin click ring if you can. Best not to have a weak rep part in your gen assembly. The hytrel rings are very hard to source and expensive for what they are.

IDK of anyone who has tried to fit an ARF bracelet to a VRF case. I know the ARF oyster will fit a Noob and a GMF case nicely so chances are good. Maybe cassapanca can measure the lug width. VRF has a history of cases with slightly smaller lug widths (19.9mm) but those were Sub cases. The ARF bracelet would be an easy flip if it doesn't fit.

ARF bracelet on a Noob case

16060736357040.jpg

Hi guys, I have bought an arf bracelet for my vrf. When I tried to approach the arf bracelet to the vrf case without springbars the arf sels were fitting perfectly but when I tried to install the bracelet with the vrf springbars they didn’t “click” properly.. I think that the holes position in the lugs is different between arf case and vrf case. kJ suggested me to buy thinner springbars (1,6 or 1,8 mm) but I was quite happy with the vrf endlinks fitment so I decided to keep the vrf bracelet and to change only the clasp with the arf one because in my opinion the bad thing of the vrf bracelet was the clasp.. so I maked an hybrid bracelet

Reactions: dom1986

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hi guys, I have bought an arf bracelet for my vrf. When I tried to approach the arf bracelet to the vrf case without springbars the arf sels were fitting perfectly but when I tried to install the bracelet with the vrf springbars they didn’t “click” properly.. I think that the holes position in the lugs is different between arf case and vrf case. kJ suggested me to buy thinner springbars (1,6 or 1,8 mm) but I was quite happy with the vrf endlinks fitment so I decided to keep the vrf bracelet and to change only the clasp with the arf one because in my opinion the bad thing of the vrf bracelet was the clasp.. so I maked an hybrid bracelet

Ah yes I remember now bro, thanks for the info. The VRF end links being OK, the clasp swap should be a good compromise. Congrats on your watch, it's still one of the best ones out there for not a huge amount of cash.
​​​​​

Reactions: cassapanca

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
Ah yes I remember now bro, thanks for the info. The VRF end links being OK, the clasp swap should be a good compromise. Congrats on your watch, it's still one of the best ones out there for not a huge amount of cash.
​​​​​

Many thanks bro! I’m really happy with this build and I agree with you that it was not expensive. Gen insert and gen crystal are a must but I think that is not worth to buy gen dial and hands
5d0b75ff6a7f4d1dd0772b8a81705e88.jpg

Reactions: KJ2020 and dom1986

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
This is solid advice both, thank you. I will take the same approach and hybrid the VRF bracelet using ARF clasp as far superior IMO. And speak to Adrian regarding the bezel, assuming taking the insert from the gen bezel assembly I have on my noob now and transferring to VRF assembly will pose the least problems, and also give the desired outcome.

Thanks again! Pictures to follow