• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Hulk Submariner 116610LV Sneak Preview

Hidenjoy

Renowned Member
8/9/15
These Reps are completely nuts...
But then, there comes some random dude asking if he should accept an amazing rep because the cyclops looks a "bit off"...
Or because he can't distinguish crooked markers from "watch angle effect".

Sell gaps :D
Where's the f*cking gap there?!
Hillarious...

Here

3f7c571056df9c62951987993789afcf.jpg

Top right

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Yeah Gen has terrible Gaps too but it says "Rolex" on the dial so uhhhh its perfect... also the 6 oclock marker is misaligned on that Gen above :D but hey it comes from Rolex so everything is perfect! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
Yeah Gen has terrible Gaps too but it says "Rolex" on the dial so uhhhh its perfect... also the 6 oclock marker is misaligned on that Gen above :D but hey it comes from Rolex so everything is perfect! :D

The crystal is amazing tho! :D

Reactions: Tigerdragon

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17

Not to mention the left side of the rehaut being out of alignment...

Hidenjoy

Renowned Member
8/9/15
ac0499c69668db75a389361f8e97dd31.jpg
do you think sapphire is misaligned or the cyclop is not parallel ? My friend says the the up side of cyclop is straight and down misaligned

apeta

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/4/20
EU
Oh I didnt see the link or the article when i quoted you before taptalk didnt load right. But yeah those tells are BS. Im not handing over my watch to a stranger if who questions authenticity. I guess its a decent guide if you are making a purchase but even still i feel like 99% of people wouldn't be able to make that call having them side by side. I think the ONLY way would be the way the dial reflects. Even then im going to say 90% of people handling them wouldn't be able to differentiate rep from gen.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

In my opinion, the way the dial reflects the light is at least top 3 (if not even first) tells that are most subjective. I don't want to be against your point of view, but I really feel like you cannot decide wether a watch is GEN/REP based on the sunburst dial effect.
Furthermore, please consider that you might hand your watch to a potential buyer (if willing to sell it), who might not necessarily question its authenticity, while actually inspecting different spots...

Cowboy45

12/2/18
USA
In my opinion, the way the dial reflects the light is at least top 3 (if not even first) tells that are most subjective. I don't want to be against your point of view, but I really feel like you cannot decide wether a watch is GEN/REP based on the sunburst dial effect.
Furthermore, please consider that you might hand your watch to a potential buyer (if willing to sell it), who might not necessarily question its authenticity, while actually inspecting different spots...
Thats why i said 90% of the people wouldn't be able to tell based on the sun burst effect. You would absolutely have to have a gen on hand next to this rep to compare to make that call. I feel like the only people who could make the call without it are people on the forum who have experience and have handled all these watches. Which is far and few between.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

apeta

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/4/20
EU
Thats why i said 90% of the people wouldn't be able to tell based on the sun burst effect. You would absolutely have to have a gen on hand next to this rep to compare to make that call. I feel like the only people who could make the call without it are people on the forum who have experience and have handled all these watches. Which is far and few between.

In any case and even for an unexperienced person, I can agree on the fact that if they look at 8-10 different spots they can decide if the watch is a REP just by being 100% sure on a minimum of one single spot that is mismatching the GEN - even if they don't have then gen next to the rep. So I consider one can take notice of those tells.
Now I also had the franken watches on my mind, but that is a totally different story... ????

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
ac0499c69668db75a389361f8e97dd31.jpg
do you think sapphire is misaligned or the cyclop is not parallel ? My friend says the the up side of cyclop is straight and down misaligned

Just take it, refuse it and the next will be worse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
It looks perfect? Were is the problem the slightly misaligned cyclops? Easy fix, gens sometimes has more crooked ones and it's in "rolex tolerances"

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Ok my two VSF Hulk’s just came in. First thing I checked was how it generally felt handling it in my hands (the 904 steel is very noticeable) and the second thing was the rehaut engraving. One watch the engravings were pretty off (despite what QC showed), this one attached below is spectacular. Depending on the photo angle the minute markers can look off center from the rehaut letters but rest assured they line up really well.

Overall a pretty convincing watch. Crystal and date still not up to par next to my gens (I’ve got my 116618 and 16710 as reference) but for $500 this is a cracking watch and knocks the old Noobs and TC DWO out of the park. Most obvious flaw in my eyes is that fat Mercedes hour hand.

For the guys who have never held the gen or have had little exposure to one this will feel like the real deal. If you know your Rolex’s you’ll definitely notice somethings not quite right when your wearing it, but seeing it in passing you wouldn’t know better.

My 2 cents, nonetheless very happy with what I got for the price.

Note: Photo angles may create illusion that minute markers aren’t lining up with rehaut engravings but rest assured they line up very well.

6b48b25ed3252e6b7df9edd357d6f1d3.jpg

1d9e153293a1252325ed272440738b09.jpg

c8962e4fda3bfa4d17657c341aaf9aaf.jpg

1dfa48ae211615d0c6d2d869d13c20e2.jpg

0b84ccf0ac509c4cb0287386a8ee4fa4.jpg

Last edited: