• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Hulk Submariner 116610LV Sneak Preview

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Alignment is very strange now the R is aligned but the R on the 7th minute mark is more misaligned and the rest of the right dial side. Seems like they can't get it fixxed for some reason.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Alignment is very strange now the R is aligned but the R on the 7th minute mark is more misaligned and the rest of the right dial side. Seems like they can't get it fixxed for some reason.

Neither can Rolex a lot of the time. No biggy.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
I had the chance to compare Gen, VSF and ZZF v3 LV and I was surprised but I have to say the dial on the VSF and ZF is not the same.

The VSF dial is always lighter than ZZF. The ZZF dial turns darker like Gen while the VSF still stays greenish.

The sunburst on the ZZF vs VSF is much better. It’s hard to describe but I would say the resolution is higher.
The VSF sunburst dissolved in more separate aggressive beams while the ZZF is subtle darker and more even.

A pic in the sun to compare

caadef83c2778ed4a232cd3b965fb575.jpg

Plucks

6/2/17
f0e21f1b63ba8209e50fcb6a2e554db7.jpg

A few observations compared with my bluesy. Date wheel is very good although a tad bit thinner on the LV. Rehaut on mine is ok but actual laser engraving is thinner on the LV. The SEL recess is a bit too low on the LV. Sunburst is too obvious on the dial and too green at times although it can go black it doesn’t do it as often as the gen. Lug shape and CG are excellent. Wouldn’t change that at all. Corner of the lugs is a tiny bit too sharp and not rounded enough. Bracelet finish is excellent. No sharp edges to shave with. Clasp engraving is excellent and close to gen. I know people love the clasp engraving on the ARFs but imho it is well finished but too well finished compared to gen. Glide lock is smooth and mine has black plastic. The gen is actually a dark metal which people often mistake for plastic. Clasp action is ok but a tiny bit harder than the gen.
Bezel rotation stiffness and sound is very close to gen but slightly easier to rotate although with mine the degree of difficulty to rotate depends on where the pearl is on the watch face... when the pearl gets to the 7-8hr markers it actually stiffens up which is odd. I know others have complained about sharpness of the crown and bezel but that is the same with gen when new and it does smooth out with age and use.
Hands are ok mine isn’t the fat one but not as 3D as the gen especially the hour hand. Bezel engraving is indistinguishable by eye from the gen is size and placement.
Black hole of crystal is still better on gen but best I’ve seen on a rep and not worth the upgrade for me. The pearl colour is more white on the VSF but only by a shade or two and the gen does change over time as well. Overall the worst part of this LV is the dial sunburst. ZZF has a better dial so would be recommending a swap to that. The rehaut is also better on the ZZF but the overall case shape is better on the VSF so choose you poison in that case!
In terms of movement I haven’t popped the car open yet but it is as silent as gen. Accuracy for me isn’t within COSC but on the wrist it’s probably +10 sec /day.
Hope this helps those who are still undecided. Most people will not be able to call you out unless you are on this forum and know what to look for. I reckon I could call someone out if they were in direct sunlight due to the sunburst and if they hand me the watch then I 100% can call it out. In a blind test based on feel I can also call it out but that’s only because I know what to look for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plucks

6/2/17
Forgot to mention the hang tags and the warranty cards that are provided. This is the first time I have received reps of these and they are very close but not exact. Again just found it interesting to compare but for those who think they can use this to rip people off I wouldn’t bother as it’s easy to tell if you know what you’re looking for. Anyways let me know which is gen and which is rep as a fun activity.
7c05e855985cd9806f5b6e0d3043f2b2.jpg

Plucks

6/2/17
Forgot about the bezel protector. Close but not identical as well. Also the lume on the watches are not identical in colour. Close but a shade off.

Reactions: d3s19n

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
What i find very interesting:

How bad does the SEL look here in this GEN review? Maybe some other reps arent that bad in SEL. They just had a shitty GEN, very interesting.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
What’s everyone’s thoughts on this article
https://legitcheck.app/guides/watch...sunburst_dial_effect_on_your_Rolex_Hulk_watch

Shows how crazy accurate these are getting.

Most of these "tells" are bullshit when we're talking about high end reps, or at least not noticeable unless you have a gen next to it.

The 2 things that remain true are the laser beam sunburst on reps, to my knowledge they all have it, and the rehaut engraving which is inconsistently aligned, except to my knowledge on the ZF

nowadays inserts are good (again, they may not be perfect but you'd need a gen to be able to tell), date fonts are also ok, movements such as vr3135 and vs3135 are smooth, and regarding crownguards while they are not always perfect, most people couldn't tell the difference

Cowboy45

12/2/18
USA
Most of these "tells" are bullshit when we're talking about high end reps, or at least not noticeable unless you have a gen next to it.

The 2 things that remain true are the laser beam sunburst on reps, to my knowledge they all have it, and the rehaut engraving which is inconsistently aligned, except to my knowledge on the ZF

nowadays inserts are good (again, they may not be perfect but you'd need a gen to be able to tell), date fonts are also ok, movements such as vr3135 and vs3135 are smooth, and regarding crownguards while they are not always perfect, most people couldn't tell the difference
100% none of these are getting called out. I was at the gym and a guy was wearing a YM2. Guess what coulda been real, coulda been rep. Either way its SUPER unlikely someone gets that close to tell. From an arms length away you are never going to get called out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: stufuse

ABC123

22/8/07
USA
Forgot to mention the hang tags and the warranty cards that are provided. This is the first time I have received reps of these and they are very close but not exact. Again just found it interesting to compare but for those who think they can use this to rip people off I wouldn’t bother as it’s easy to tell if you know what you’re looking for. Anyways let me know which is gen and which is rep as a fun activity.
7c05e855985cd9806f5b6e0d3043f2b2.jpg

This is a little scary when factory is providing fake cards and hang tags...

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
Has it been pointed out over any of the other threads that gen can also have (on occasion) misaligned rehauts?

fe2458bf84188e618fdc1ff35ea3c15e.jpg

Last edited:

Tobel

6/7/17
100% none of these are getting called out. I was at the gym and a guy was wearing a YM2. Guess what coulda been real, coulda been rep. Either way its SUPER unlikely someone gets that close to tell. From an arms length away you are never going to get called out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yes but that was not the purpose of that article, in the article the author expects you to have the watch in hand, so you can examine the watch however close you want and even feel the bezel action and the winding

Last edited:

Tobel

6/7/17
Has it been pointed out over any of the other threads that gen can also have (on occasion) misaligned rehauts?

That's why I said not uniformly aligned, not misaligned. Gens can have the dial slight rotated Vs the rehaut engraving. In this case all letters and the coronet appear with a slight and consistent offset.

Most of the time reps have the coronet aligned, some of the letters aligned and some misaligned. That's because it's not due to a rotation, but to incorrect spacing between the rehaut letters. So that even if you rotate the dial a little, you will get some other letters aligned but the ones that previously were aligned would not be anymore

​​​​​​

Reactions: 2841

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
[mention]Plucks [/mention] thanks for that!!

Wouldn’t mind seeing that Bluesy around more often!!