• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Hulk Submariner 116610LV Sneak Preview

Tete

4/11/16
Thanks for sharing dude. As for the sliders some other members explain that but the clasp engravings really look different, wonder if it's in all LN like that.

I have seen many photos of QC and both LV and LN install both closures. My VSF has the one with the metal slider although the other black is even better finished as a gen. I don't know which one feels better. Mine is at least smooth and perfect.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Tete

4/11/16
b9919dbe13818565b68d4f7b4afca422.jpg

Absolutely beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except for that dial, VSF is very close to that gen wonder, and even if it's not 1: 1 it's a beautiful watch

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
So in the end all the Hulks have the plastic sliders while the blacks have the metal? Or is a matter of luck?

thefever

Renowned Member
29/4/13
I’d say this watch is 90% there. As others have mentioned, the crown edges are too sharp. The bracelet on the wrist feels great. But when you’re holding the watch, the weak point is the bracelet as it just feels slightly off compared to gen. If I were to guess where the 3 gram difference between the gen and VSF went it would be on the bracelet.

The submariner text on the gen is just slightly thicker.

Obviously the movement doesn’t wind as smoothly as a gen 3135.

Overall it’s a winner. I can’t imagine how close it will be when these minor things are addressed on the next versions. When a TRUE 1:1 clone movement is made, that winds as smooth and clicks as tightly into the different positions, it’ll be game over.

Bottom line, you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference on the things I’ve mentioned unless you have the gen next to it for comparison. These new reps are game changers.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I’d say this watch is 90% there. As others have mentioned, the crown edges are too sharp. The bracelet on the wrist feels great. But when you’re holding the watch, the weak point is the bracelet as it just feels slightly off compared to gen. If I were to guess where the 3 gram difference between the gen and VSF went it would be on the bracelet.

The submariner text on the gen is just slightly thicker.

Obviously the movement doesn’t wind as smoothly as a gen 3135.

Overall it’s a winner. I can’t imagine how close it will be when these minor things are addressed on the next versions. When a TRUE 1:1 clone movement is made, that winds as smooth and clicks as tightly into the different positions, it’ll be game over.

Bottom line, you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference on the things I’ve mentioned unless you have the gen next to it for comparison. These new reps are game changers.

A few things that I think are at odds with your post. The crown edges (and bezel edges for that matter) on a new genuine Submariner will shred a shirt cuff, no mistake. They wear down to being smooth(er) over time. Next, it has been proven juts a few posts above that there are two versions of VSF bracelet/clasp. Have you had/got both? My own VSF hulk has avery gen like bracelet and clasp making the watch feel genuine..after all the feel of the bracelet and clasp weight and finish makes up much of how a watch feels.

I have another VSF incoming, an LN, I hope I get the same or as as good as the bracelet that is on my LV. I'll confirm once it arrives.

Christopheran

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/11/20
Placed my order with Andrew for the VSF Hulk last night. Now the wait begins. As a former gen hulk owner, I am trying to see how much I will wear the watch before making a sizable investment for the gen version.

The best part about these reps imo is that you can get a feel for owning a gen before losing potentially thousands during the buying/selling process.

Reactions: 2841

thefever

Renowned Member
29/4/13
I’ve never had a shirt cuff get shredded from a watch bezel. But from my experience the crown on the vsf sub is sharper than most, gen or rep. The crown on my R factory 116610 was nice out of the box, no wearing down over time needed.

But hey man, it’s all subjective right? I say the bracelet is 90% there, someone could come along and say it’s complete crap. And I haven’t held or touched the vsf LN bracelet so I can’t say if that’s got a closer feel to gen.

And I say close or closer because I won’t say it feels just like gen, because IMHO I don’t think it’ll ever be 1:1.

Renowned Member
9/12/18
A few things that I think are at odds with your post. The crown edges (and bezel edges for that matter) on a new genuine Submariner will shred a shirt cuff, no mistake. They wear down to being smooth(er) over time. Next, it has been proven juts a few posts above that there are two versions of VSF bracelet/clasp. Have you had/got both? My own VSF hulk has avery gen like bracelet and clasp making the watch feel genuine..after all the feel of the bracelet and clasp weight and finish makes up much of how a watch feels.

I have another VSF incoming, an LN, I hope I get the same or as as good as the bracelet that is on my LV. I'll confirm once it arrives.

Sir, may I ask the 3 digits clasp code of your bracelet? I tried to see if you mentioned before but I have no luck. Thanks in advance.

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Placed my order with Andrew for the VSF Hulk last night. Now the wait begins. As a former gen hulk owner, I am trying to see how much I will wear the watch before making a sizable investment for the gen version.

The best part about these reps imo is that you can get a feel for owning a gen before losing potentially thousands during the buying/selling process.

You will never loose a penny buying and selling pre-owned gen Rolex’s. I’ve been doing it for 10 years.

Since the price increase and discontinuation of several of their 40mm sport models I’ve actually made money.

Collectively over the years I’ve probably lost more money in reps than gen.

Last edited:

Christopheran

1/11/20
I’ve lost >$10k buying and selling Rolex, omega, Panerai, and AP over the past 3 years. Most of which were used. Usually with Rolex purchases I lost less than $1k, but with the other brands I typically lost more. The only watches I’ve made money on are a hulk, batman, and black ceramic daytona from my AD.

I don’t see how buying a $500 rep and reselling it for $350-400 is a bad proposition. I recently got the rep for a bond omega, and realized it wasn’t for me. If I bought a gen watch, I’m sure I would be out a couple grand.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
I’ve lost >$10k buying and selling Rolex, omega, Panerai, and AP over the past 3 years. Most of which were used. Usually with Rolex purchases I lost less than $1k, but with the other brands I typically lost more. The only watches I’ve made money on are a hulk, batman, and black ceramic daytona from my AD.

I don’t see how buying a $500 rep and reselling it for $350-400 is a bad proposition. I recently got the rep for a bond omega, and realized it wasn’t for me. If I bought a gen watch, I’m sure I would be out a couple grand.
Plus watches as investments is a moot point if you have any mortgage debt. You will make/save much more reducing debt than putting money in watches that will only keep their value if you keep them pristine. There are plenty of other things which make better investments anyways. They are toys, I'm sure it's nice not to toilet a whole lot of money when you sell them, but they are still toys not investments

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

Christopheran

1/11/20
I agree. Once you have >6 figures of watches in a safe you realize how much better your money would be our elsewhere. These reps allow me to decide what I really want to own before I pull the trigger..

Reactions: Rufctr2

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Yeah Im not talking about mortgages or how one invests their money - the conversation is veering away from my point now. I was simply making a note that when you make the right buying decisions with Rolex's your not going to loose money. Gen Rolex's don't depreciate in value. You are likely buying your watches (new or used) in the wrong places if your loosing thousands of dollars.

With respect to the comment about reps and the opportunity of feeling out different models before going gen - I agree I've always say the same thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2841