• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Hulk Submariner 116610LV Sneak Preview

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Thanks i thought so. Thats what i said and TD said its straight. Ill tell them AGAIN.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I’ve found many times they can’t always see it. Frustrating for them and for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowboy45

12/2/18
USA
I’ve found many times they can’t always see it. Frustrating for them and for you.

Yeah ive had it happen a few times just not with this TD. Hoping it isnt going to cause issues. But we will see.

macarone

Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Reactions: saucin

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Noob has the “timebomb” now VSF has the “grenade”? Do you think it’s in design or just a bad batch of gears? Looking for a vsf, however feeling better with the VR movement.

I think you're definitely blowing things of proportion to compare it to noob time bomb lol, no matter what the movement is, every few thousands of watch there will always gonna be ones with problems. Leaving this problem aside, I would take personally a vsf over a vr movement everyday, smoothness and best 3135 movement on the market imo. Also considering you can install a Gen balance Bridge and wheel without mods is a plus imo.

macarone

Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
I think you're definitely blowing things of proportion to compare it to noob time bomb lol, no matter what the movement is, every few thousands of watch there will always gonna be ones with problems. Leaving this problem aside, I would take personally a vsf over a vr movement everyday, smoothness and best 3135 movement on the market imo. Also considering you can install a Gen balance Bridge and wheel without mods is a plus imo.

That’s your opinion, still a weak point.
Following..........

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU

What exactly makes it “the best” 3135 movement on market? Surely reliability is a determining factor in that.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
That’s not wonderful news. Do you think a drop of Mobius would free that up?

I'm no tinkerer so I'm the wrong person to ask. Oascom suggested a bit of lube in the thread I linked, but beyond that, I'm not sure I'm afraid. I've found that simply turning the watch sideways, ie crown up, and therefore letting gravity help the arm return to the right place does the trick, so with a bit of oil too, I suspect that will sort the problem out.

Reactions: Rel and Jayalvin777

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
I'm no tinkerer so I'm the wrong person to ask. Oascom suggested a bit of lube in the thread I linked, but beyond that, I'm not sure I'm afraid. I've found that simply turning the watch sideways, ie crown up, and therefore letting gravity help the arm return to the right place does the trick, so with a bit of oil too, I suspect that will sort the problem out.

I subscribed to your thread but keep us updated if applying oil help with problem

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17

Subscribed that that thread. It looks like a minor thing easily fixed. At worst it's just giving it a little shake.

GingerBubba

24/10/17
Subscribed that that thread. It looks like a minor thing easily fixed. At worst it's just giving it a little shake.

I'm hoping Oascom (or someone who knows a bit more than Popadoodle) will reply with 'where to oil' advice. If not I'll ask Rolie, but I try not to bother him if I can help it - I think my constant stream of ridiculous questions must get annoying!

Reactions: Jayalvin777

NYC_MIA

Known Member
6/7/19
They were the same bracelet from what i understand. I have an early RXF and its all metal. No plastic slide tabs.

Correct, RXF = all metal sliding tabs.

swifteagle

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/8/20
Hi Guys,

I was out of town so I could not do the pictures earlier. Here is the two bracelets, LN and LV. Someone told me that some gens come with plastic so it is not a big deal.

The crowns a slightly different and so is the engraving, probably not the best pictures to show the difference but I feel the LV looks rougher. At the end of the day I am loving the Hulk, I just wanted to point out that VSF for some reason did not use the same bracelet for both models (At least not on the samples I have). The LV clicks a bit stronger than the LN and it feels a bit harder to take off... once again I have never held a gen so I don't know which one is more gen like between the two.

Finally, both watches feel of high quality. I am a noob, so please take that in consideration.
ZiXIdt.jpg
ZiXW2i.jpg
ZiXanb.jpg
ZiXqIF.jpg
ZiXoj5.jpg
ZiXiup.jpg

Last edited:

GingerBubba

24/10/17
The crowns a slightly different and so is the engraving, probably not the best pictures to show the difference but I feel the LV looks rougher. At the end of the day I am loving the Hulk, I just wanted to point out that VSF for some reason did not use the same bracelet for both models (At least not on the samples I have). The LV clicks a bit stronger than the LN and it feels a bit harder to take off... once again I have never held a gen so I don't know which one is more gen like between the two.

Wow, there's a lot of differences there, clearly two different clasps. Thanks for sharing.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
I thought all new reps came with the nylon shoes on the glide lock now. Didn't it get covered when the ZZFv2 came out?
I got confused when someone in another thread mentioned plastic "clasp" but I guess this is what they meant.

The bracelet on my LV is better than my ARF LN v1 so if the VSF LN is better still that's quite something.

Reactions: Jayalvin777