• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Hulk Submariner 116610LV Sneak Preview

NYC_MIA

Known Member
6/7/19
Oh for goodness sake, I’m not entertaining this further other than to say you implication was very obviously that the plastic shoes should not be there. Don’t get so upset by some random guy on the internet.

What you weren’t saying was ‘Sadly, the construction and materials are just like the gen’

Good day.

Like I said earlier, this wasn't a comparison to the gen. This was a comparison to the VSF LV and LN bracelets that we now know have the metal and plastic inserts. That is all.

Reactions: Tete

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Like I said earlier, this wasn't a comparison to the gen. This was a comparison to the VSF LV and LN bracelets that we now know have the metal and plastic inserts. That is all.

How do you know it’s plastic? The gen does not use plastic.

NYC_MIA

Known Member
6/7/19
How do you know it’s plastic? The gen does not use plastic.

Careful, There are a lot of people that think you were referencing Gen using plastic in your post above. So maybe, worthwhile to clarify your message, are you saying Gen is metal, plastic, or something else?

I don’t know if Gen uses plastic or what material is used and it’s not my concern since this was referencing against other reps with metal inserts.

For my VSF LV bracelet It’s very evident it’s plastic, I have a RXF with a metal one and it’s as clear as day in person.

You can also see this when Comparing my pics and the other members pics against others on the thread who have posted their VSF LV clasp with metal.

Also there have been several threads on the use of these plastic inserts both in reps and genuine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bolts40

Renowned Member
23/7/16
Parrish, FL
Just received mine...
5180e31f6d70614b0890091d80fee8e4.jpg
770456d49f3c60270892666820a583fb.jpg
4122049d9002841b47b02c5ced4cec3e.jpg
533b66dc52e599351382e860adc8ede1.jpg
90816657fc6a8dc826fb5aebc16421a1.jpg
9368180eb0284b25eb3f53ac4d439298.jpg
17cbd17779b79941ac6086bb39f1d669.jpg
5f2b7cd36d3055e0cf4bbd0b67cc14ab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NYC_MIA

Known Member
6/7/19
we must definitively dissect the problem ... they all have it or only some and ... above all .... what material and color should it be?

I agree and appreciate your threads earlier..... there is definitely variances in the clasps - some being Metal while others are plastic – is it a big deal to me, not really.

Maybe this boils down to where they are sourcing the clasps from and maybe the fact that they’ve changed it in different batches.

Who knows.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Yes the bracelet on the hulk vsf is different to the ln
the clasp the code is different on the hulk.the clasp is much much better feels really secure with a solid click when closing or openeing unlike the loose feeling clasp on the ln vsf.the clasps looks the same.the end link sel on the vsf hill vs the ln looks and fit the same.but I do notice a bot of vertical play on all of the vsf hulks I currently have.the dials are really misaligned to the reahut engraving on them.all aswell.but to the ocd guys turning the dial to align is pretty simple
I have my hulk vsf and hulk zzf v3 now so I'll try to review soon. I did a brief review of the ln vsf in the ln thread a month ago.

Last edited:

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
the clasp the code is different the hulk clasp is much better feels secure when closing unlike the loose feeling ln clasp
I have my hulk vsf and hulk zzf now so I'll try to review soon. I did a brief review of the ln vsf in the ln thread

Looking forward to your review mate. My LN clasp code is the same same as the LV, 7GJ and my clasp feels fantastic and secure. Maybe was a early batch thing.

Reactions: Tete

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
So like many of you I received my VSF Hulk yesterday and boy, the rumors are true, lol. I will not post pictures, since every lighting and camera condition is different, but here are my thoughts: The bezel is a more vivid green than that of my V2S, it is very nice. The bezel numbers, they just pop up at you beatufully, now I see the bezel numbers on my V2S are kind of dull. The winding is the smoothest I have ever seen on a rep, amazing. The watch hardly makes any sound, even if I put it to my ear. The dial is shinier than that of my V2 and V2S, so that could be off compared to gen, but I dont care too much about that really. For some purists it might be with too much sunburst. Dial markers and rehaut, I dont know how they are compared to gen but they look much better finished than my V2S. Finally, I compared my ARF bracelet to the one on the VSF and I like the one on the VSF better, because of a yellowish tint on the steel and the brushing is finer than the ARF. Regardin the clasp, that is the only shortcoming compared to ARF, It could be better on the VSF.

Overall I am blown away with the VSF, after my V2 and V2S. Hope this helps.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
the clasp the code is different on the hulk.the clasp is much much better feels really secure with a solid click when closing or openeing unlike the loose feeling clasp on the ln vsf.the clasps looks the same.the end link sel on the vsf hill vs the ln looks and fit the same.but I do notice a bot of vertical play on all of the vsf hulks I currently have.the dials are really misaligned to the reahut engraving on them.all aswell.but to the ocd guys turning the dial to align is pretty simple
I have my hulk vsf and hulk zzf v3 now so I'll try to review soon. I did a brief review of the ln vsf in the ln thread a month ago.

My LV clasp feels very gen like (and I have genu to compare with). Another user just said the LN clasp was better than LV, now it's LV is better than LN. Looks like it is luck of the draw. I hope I get another good one, if not i have a spare ARF bracelet/clasp here I can use instead.

I suspect inconsistencies with bracelet and claps qualities over the same series. Many folks say theirs is great, yet others say their same one is poor.. experienced users too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Whats everyones thoughts on this one's 9 marker. I thought it was off in the initial QC pics. TD said it looks straight in person and sent this pic. It is just me?
caf167a551a5d39f36f18d3132d298f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It’s crooked for sure it’s pointing towards the top of the date window.

Reactions: Rel

Cowboy45

12/2/18
USA
It’s crooked for sure it’s pointing towards the top of the date window.

Thanks i thought so. Thats what i said and TD said its straight. Ill tell them AGAIN.

Reactions: Rel

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20

I have a theory: RXF bracelets have been ending up on VSF watches for whatever/various reasons sometimes(?).

Cowboy45

12/2/18
USA
I have a theory: RXF bracelets have been ending up on VSF watches for whatever/various reasons sometimes(?).
They were the same bracelet from what i understand. I have an early RXF and its all metal. No plastic slide tabs.