• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Hulk Submariner 116610LV Sneak Preview

Cowboy45

12/2/18
USA
Whats everyones thoughts on this one's 9 marker. I thought it was off in the initial QC pics. TD said it looks straight in person and sent this pic. It is just me?
caf167a551a5d39f36f18d3132d298f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

swifteagle

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/8/20
I am currently out of town, but should be able to take pictures of both the LV and LNs bracelets to show the difference....

The only thing that disappoints me is that there appears to be plastic in the LVs for the quick release mechanism.. apart from that I can live with it.

NYC_MIA

Known Member
6/7/19
0887ba86985f5e6b4af3d3df145d5b6e.jpg

I just got my VSF LV yesterday from and I’m impressed.

Here is the sunlight vs no sunlight video link: https://imgur.com/a/x9bIU4p

I bought this mainly to see how the VS Movement is and I have to note a few key things here:

1- the movement is smooth OOTB
2- it’s as silent when you shake it as a Gen
3- The date clicks nice and solid like Gen
4- It’s unscrews and screws back nicely, there is no forcing it to screw down
5- the DW font looks good
6- I’m looking to get it serviced more out of curiosity to see how long it could last.

The bracelet feels good and solid. My only gripe is the clasp has the dreaded plastic ends. But they had to cut corners somewhere to keep the cost down. I’m not quite sure yet if it shines more than my RXF though. And I’ve never owned a ARF bracelet - Does anyone know if it is a direct drop in for this?

The dial dances beautifully in the sun. I don’t pay attention to “fat” hands or bezel fonts because everyone knows a services Rolex can get swapped with these.

Rehault.... that’s my only other gripe, it’s off. Plain and simple. When I get it serviced I plan on having them nudge it to right a little and that will fix it a lot but not completely. I am okay with this but wanted to mention it for those 1000x Zoomers or those that are OCD about those things.

I already have the RXF LN 2826, the ZZF 114060 V2S , and I can really appreciate this one. The VSF has me wanting to buy for LN with the VS Movement but I’m patiently waiting for their next drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk LO

Last edited:

NYC_MIA

Known Member
6/7/19
0887ba86985f5e6b4af3d3df145d5b6e.jpg

I just got my VSF LV yesterday from and I’m impressed.

....My only gripe is the clasp has the dreaded plastic ends....

may you post a photo or two ?

4273779e52cec29b07cfb24a6ff5e14b.jpg

Hard to zoom in on it but the plastic tabs are black so it makes it easy to spot. My long term concern would be these worn out easily.

A bracelet or clasp swap should easily fix this though and doesn’t make me like the watch any less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYC_MIA

Known Member
6/7/19
The only thing that disappoints me is that there appears to be plastic in the LVs for the quick release mechanism.. apart from that I can live with it.

Sadly There is plastic there ☹️.... are you saying the LN bracelet doesn’t have this issue?

walla65

20/5/19
Sadly There is plastic there ☹️.... are you saying the LN bracelet doesn’t have this issue?

"But they had to cut corners somewhere to keep the cost down"....

I'd like to understand why they get lost in these little things ..... how much can this "saving" on the final cost of the entire watch? Do they affect its duration over time for a few cents?

walla65

20/5/19
My LN also doesn't have plastic. To be honest the guy that wrote that didn't post any pictures.

this comforts me ... even in the QC of my Hulk the plastic did not seem to be visible ..I will be able to tell you when it will arrive ....

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Most people aren’t seeing the shoes or sliders because they don’t know what they’re looking for. It’s hard to spot.

Long term I would suspect it’s fine (either material) I mean how often are you guys adjusting the length of your bracelets.

Will need to verify against gen before confirming if the rep one is in fact “incorrect”.

Last edited: