• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Batman 3186 final sample

JustFou

Known Member
9/7/18
Great, I was undecided about the purchase, but I think I buy it.

Inviato dal mio MI 8 utilizzando Tapatalk

Honestly I was a bit unsure when I bought it but those QC picture made me proud of my purchase. Now just need to sell my old KSF BLNR haha!

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Why? Dont leave us hanging ;)

Numbers are smaller in the black area than in the blue one, transition point at 18 is incorrect, misaligned rehaut, plus the 2 other issues with ARF not on the pics: incorrect crystal to dial height leading to magnification issues if you change the crystal as well as sh3186 which is not super reliable (though not as bad as the former timebomb thankfully)

On the plus side there's no speed bumps and the blue colour may be the most accurate so far - though only real life pics will tell

Reactions: THXuk and KJ2020

kevBquick

9/10/18
the movement at +13sec/d is also too much for me. i would pass.
and its all about the bezel. the skinny 2 vs the fat 2s. but 13 seconds a day gain is too much.

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
Not sure if I'm seeing things but is that a line at 6 on the bezel?

And the bezel fonts seems bigger on the blue side of the bezel, just as KJ2020 pointed out.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

JustFou

Known Member
9/7/18
Numbers are smaller in the black area than in the blue one, transition point at 18 is incorrect, misaligned rehaut, plus the 2 other issues with ARF not on the pics: incorrect crystal to dial height leading to magnification issues if you change the crystal as well as sh3186 which is not super reliable (though not as bad as the former timebomb thankfully)

On the plus side there's no speed bumps and the blue colour may be the most accurate so far - though only real life pics will tell

I agree those are all flaws. I bought this watch knowing all of this but I agree with all of the above!

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
So better to prefer the noob v11 to this arf?

Inviato dal mio MI 8 utilizzando Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The apparent sizes of both the black and the blue background insert markers do change depending on the angle of view and the light. Here is a side by side of two different QC pics of the same watch.

ZUFowL.jpg

So the 2's can look pretty similarly sized in the right light.

ZUFmYQ.jpg

Unfortunately the apparent sizes of the two sets of markers go in opposite directions with viewing angle and lighting changes. The blue background markers appear larger, and the black background ones appear smaller, leading to what will probably be a frequent apparent size mismatch in normal use viewing.

+1 to all of the previously stated flaws. There is a visible slight speed bump at both join lines, it should not be a significant issue IMO.

Last edited: