• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob finally releases true clone GMTs

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

gareth

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/11/10
Cheers mate, thats bad news.

Hope one day they sort it... will remain on the sidelines until they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
My personal plan for that at the moment is a Batman v11 by Noob and grab their Pepsi insert and GMT hand from my TD. I'll also try to grab a VSF crystal. This should be the best Franken rep I can think of at the moment until VSF brings theirs out. Is VSF even working on GMTs like the Pepsi?

Last edited:
Reactions: cap923

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
My personal plan for that at the moment is a Batman v11 by Noob and grab their Pepsi insert and GMT hand from my TD. I'll also try to grab a VSF crystal. This should be the best Franken rep I can think of at the moment until VSF brings theirs out. Is VSF even working on GMTs like the Pepsi?

IDK for sure what VSF will do with GMTs bro. TDs might know more. It's pretty unlikely you can get a VSF crystal. Partner factory RXF stopped selling theirs before releasing their 116610 LN. Both factories use the same crystal AFAIK, they are both quite good.

The Noob Pepsi hands are for an ETA movement and the GMT hand will not fit a true clone VR3185 movement. The hand hole sizes are different. You could ask for a full set of Pepsi hands from a VRF or ROF watch. TDs will not normally source a single hand.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17

I highly doubt that your TD will be able to source a noob pepsi insert alone, without the full watch

And unless you add gen parts it's not gonna be a franken

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I highly doubt that your TD will be able to source a noob pepsi insert alone, without the full watch

And unless you add gen parts it's not gonna be a franken

Noob is selling the Pepsi insert separately now bro. Intime and Jtimewatch can source it at $138.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Noob is selling the Pepsi insert separately now bro. Intime and Jtimewatch can source it at $138.

Oh really well my bad thanks for the information. Doesn't really make sense IMO as that's the only thing that justifies buying their time bombeb pepsi watches but anyway

​​​​​​

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
IDK for sure what VSF will do with GMTs bro. TDs might know more. It's pretty unlikely you can get a VSF crystal. Partner factory RXF stopped selling theirs before releasing their 116610 LN. Both factories use the same crystal AFAIK, they are both quite good.

The Noob Pepsi hands are for an ETA movement and the GMT hand will not fit a true clone VR3185 movement. The hand hole sizes are different. You could ask for a full set of Pepsi hands from a VRF or ROF watch. TDs will not normally source a single hand.

The information on the hands is really good to know, thanks.

Reactions: KJ2020

luca123

Known Member
15/11/19
Bolzano
Hello, because I don't have replay in 24 ours after receive qc photo pure time send me the watch without my approvation. So when arrive i will post the qc photo but if I don't like I will send back.

gareth

20/11/10
KJ2020 - do you know if a true clone VR3185 movement would fit inside a Ginault Ocean Rover II (which I think is modelled on the 16610 case)?

I've recently ordered an Ocean Rover II (which has a 2824 movement) and I'm thinking of converting it into a GMT. I believe a 2893 movement will fit inside it, but I'm not sure about the VR3185.

Ocean Rover II specs

Any help most appreciated!

Cheers

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ2020 - do you know if a true clone VR3185 movement would fit inside a Ginault Ocean Rover II (which I think is modelled on the 16610 case)?

I've recently ordered an Ocean Rover II (which has a 2824 movement) and I'm thinking of converting it into a GMT. I believe a 2893 movement will fit inside it, but I'm not sure about the VR3185.

Ocean Rover II specs

Any help most appreciated!

Cheers

I dont think so bro, the 3185 stem height is taller. The 2824 CHS timebombs have taller dial spacers and an elevated datewheel so they are more like a 2836 in that respect which is what makes those cases able to take a 3185. You could probably fit a 3135 though.

gareth

20/11/10
Thanks for the feedback.

I don't think it's a viable project then. The out of the box watch is beautiful though, I'll keep it as it is and look for an alternative watch for my GMT:

https://ibb.co/nrnkhTm

nrnkhTm

Last edited: