X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KJ2020
    started a topic Noob finally releases true clone GMTs

Noob finally releases true clone GMTs

Price is lower than their 2824 timebomb, so it looks like they finally got a clue.

https://puretimewatch.io/gmt-master-...6-chs-v11.html

https://puretimewatch.io/gmt-master-...6-chs-v11.html

Last edited by KJ2020; 20-10-20, 15:22.

• Duckber
    replied
    Originally posted by KJ2020 View Post

IDK for sure what VSF will do with GMTs bro. TDs might know more. It's pretty unlikely you can get a VSF crystal. Partner factory RXF stopped selling theirs before releasing their 116610 LN. Both factories use the same crystal AFAIK, they are both quite good.

The Noob Pepsi hands are for an ETA movement and the GMT hand will not fit a true clone VR3185 movement. The hand hole sizes are different. You could ask for a full set of Pepsi hands from a VRF or ROF watch. TDs will not normally source a single hand.
    The information on the hands is really good to know, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Tobel
    replied
    Originally posted by KJ2020 View Post

Noob is selling the Pepsi insert separately now bro. Intime and Jtimewatch can source it at $138.
    Oh really well my bad thanks for the information. Doesn't really make sense IMO as that's the only thing that justifies buying their time bombeb pepsi watches but anyway

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• KJ2020
    replied
    Originally posted by Tobel View Post

I highly doubt that your TD will be able to source a noob pepsi insert alone, without the full watch

And unless you add gen parts it's not gonna be a franken
    Noob is selling the Pepsi insert separately now bro. Intime and Jtimewatch can source it at $138.

Leave a comment:

• Tobel
    replied
    Originally posted by Duckber View Post
    My personal plan for that at the moment is a Batman v11 by Noob and grab their Pepsi insert and GMT hand from my TD. I'll also try to grab a VSF crystal. This should be the best Franken rep I can think of at the moment until VSF brings theirs out. Is VSF even working on GMTs like the Pepsi?
    I highly doubt that your TD will be able to source a noob pepsi insert alone, without the full watch

And unless you add gen parts it's not gonna be a franken

Leave a comment:

• KJ2020
    replied
    Originally posted by Duckber View Post
    My personal plan for that at the moment is a Batman v11 by Noob and grab their Pepsi insert and GMT hand from my TD. I'll also try to grab a VSF crystal. This should be the best Franken rep I can think of at the moment until VSF brings theirs out. Is VSF even working on GMTs like the Pepsi?
    IDK for sure what VSF will do with GMTs bro. TDs might know more. It's pretty unlikely you can get a VSF crystal. Partner factory RXF stopped selling theirs before releasing their 116610 LN. Both factories use the same crystal AFAIK, they are both quite good.

The Noob Pepsi hands are for an ETA movement and the GMT hand will not fit a true clone VR3185 movement. The hand hole sizes are different. You could ask for a full set of Pepsi hands from a VRF or ROF watch. TDs will not normally source a single hand.

Leave a comment:

• Duckber
    replied
    Last edited by Duckber; 16-01-21, 03:22.

Leave a comment:

• gareth
    replied
    Cheers mate, thats bad news.

Hope one day they sort it... will remain on the sidelines until they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• KJ2020
    replied
    Originally posted by gareth View Post
    Is this Noob Pepsi finally now shipping with the updated and more reliable movement?

https://puretimewatch.io/gmt-master-...6-v11-chs.html

Looks like it is (albeit on an Oyster).

Not AFAIK bro. Movement pics still show an ETA, which has to be the 2824 timebomb when CHS. Noob continues to stiff its Pepsi buyers at $200 more AND a shit movement.

Leave a comment:

• gareth
    replied
    Is this Noob Pepsi finally now shipping with the updated and more reliable movement?

https://puretimewatch.io/gmt-master-...6-v11-chs.html

Looks like it is (albeit on an Oyster).

Last edited by gareth; 16-01-21, 01:55.

Leave a comment:

• KJ2020
    replied
    Originally posted by luca123 View Post
    hello kj2020 you suggest to accept or ask another? thank you
    You should have taken the first one bro. Your TD is going to reach a point where he won't show you any more. It's exceptionally rare to get a Noob Pepsi insert that looks close to gen at 18 transition.

Here is mine - I like my reps for what they are and don't hate them for what they aren't. Reps will almost always have an imperfection you'd rather not have so learning to live with them is a useful attitude for us to have.

Last edited by KJ2020; 12-01-21, 02:57.

Leave a comment:

• Mark1937
    replied
    Originally posted by RiffRalf View Post

Question was not directed to me but that 18 transition is dreadful. I would not accept it and ask for a different watch instead.
    People obsess about 0 and O shapes, slightly thicker on thinner print, but this is a dead giveaway to me.
    I personally also find the "red" way too brown, what is this, a BLBR?
    +1

Leave a comment:

• RiffRalf
    replied
    Question was not directed to me but that 18 transition is dreadful. I would not accept it and ask for a different watch instead.
    People obsess about 0 and O shapes, slightly thicker on thinner print, but this is a dead giveaway to me.
    I personally also find the "red" way too brown, what is this, a BLBR?

Leave a comment:

• luca123
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KJ2020
    replied
    Hello the first gmt was sold so i have now receive the third gmt. What do you think about the bezel? 255 degress are a problem? Thank you [url=https://clickpix.org/image/ZnSMdL]
    Insert is better than your second one, not as good as your first one. 255° will probably increase with a full wind. You could ask for a full wind and a new pic, but not really necessary.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X