• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob finally releases true clone GMTs

Boxster1965

Horology Curious
10/10/20
Hi guys
I received the same movement in my Pepsi last month, the TD assured me it would have the new movement, but of coarse it arrived with the timebomb.
Because of everything going on in the world, I unwrapped it and put it in the box ready to wear when I had somewhere nice to go.
But this weekend I had a few minutes spare and decided to take the back off and inspect the movement.
I was completely devastated to find the infamous timebomb movement staring me in the face.
After contacting him to explain the problem, he’s denying all responsibility. Even though I have everything in black and white on emails assuring me it would have the new movement.
He’s now blaming the factory for misleading him, but I reminded him that I bought the watch from him not the factory.
The thing that annoyed me the most was that I asked on numerous occasions to see QC pics of the movement.
But he constantly assured me it would be the new movement and to stop worrying.
Normally I would have run a mile, but it was the 8th watch I’d bought from him with no issues in a period of only 8 weeks.
So I’d really like to hear your expert thoughts on the situation, I now have a watch I wouldn’t have dreamed of buying if I’d known the truth.
The watch itself is lovely, but compared to my V3 GMF Batman, the movement is rough and noisy with the worry of it self destructing at anytime.
He hasn’t even had the decency to offer me any form of way forward such as an exchange for another watch.
As I said in my email to him, if he bought an expensive car and it turned up with a Robin Reliant engine how would he feel.
I pride myself on my common sense, but for once I let it slip probably as I’d already had so many off him.
Many thanks
Simon

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Hi guys
I received the same movement in my Pepsi last month, the TD assured me it would have the new movement, but of coarse it arrived with the timebomb.

The thing is that noob never announced any change of movement on the BLRO, so that's why your watch still has the timebomb movement . The only noob gmt's with vr movement are the LN and BLNR.

Reactions: KJ2020

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
So I’d really like to hear your expert thoughts on the situation, I now have a watch I wouldn’t have dreamed of buying if I’d known the truth.

I think you just chalk it off as a loss, in future it pays to do a bit of reading here. KJ has truly gone above and beyond to provide us guides to helping us making informed decisions and identifying which movements are known as 'timebombs' etc. Not to mention I believe it was covered in this thread that the 'new' BLRO Noob models still have the modified A2824.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020 and rabl253

Byrnedogs1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/12/18
Hi guys
Because of everything going on in the world, I unwrapped it and put it in the box ready to wear when I had somewhere nice to go.
But this weekend I had a few minutes spare and decided to take the back off and inspect the movement.
I was completely devastated to find the infamous timebomb movement staring me in the face.
After contacting him to explain the problem, he’s denying all responsibility. Even though I have everything in black and white on emails assuring me it would have the new movement.
He’s now blaming the factory for misleading him, but I reminded him that I bought the watch from him not the factory.
The thing that annoyed me the most was that I asked on numerous occasions to see QC pics of the movement.
But he constantly assured me it would be the new movement and to stop worrying.
Normally I would have run a mile, but it was the 8th watch I’d bought from him with no issues in a period of only 8 weeks.
The watch itself is lovely, but compared to my V3 GMF Batman, the movement is rough and noisy with the worry of it self destructing at anytime.
He hasn’t even had the decency to offer me any form of way forward such as an exchange for another watch.
As I said in my email to him, if he bought an expensive car and it turned up with a Robin Reliant engine how would he feel.
I pride myself on my common sense, but for once I let it slip probably as I’d already had so many off him.
Many thanks
Simon

Gotta sympathize with you here. Although some great guides and threads are included on here, you asked a specific question, got a specific answer, were reassured of same despite asking QC pics... I feel for ya and I wouldn’t be too pleased. They are effectively admitting there is a problem by blaming on the factory - but as you rightly say, you didn’t buy it from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mrlemonjello

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
Gotta sympathize with you here. Although some great guides and threads are included on here, you asked a specific question, got a specific answer, were reassured of same despite asking QC pics... I feel for ya and I wouldn’t be too pleased. They are effectively admitting there is a problem by blaming on the factory - but as you rightly say, you didn’t buy it from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boxster1965 I agree, I think you handled this right and TDs have their status here for a reason. I'd email a mod with these details and ask for support.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hi guys
I received the same movement in my Pepsi last month, the TD assured me it would have the new movement, but of course it arrived with the timebomb.

Trust, but verify.

The truth was here in this thread, we always need to do our own due diligence, more so with a highly and way overpriced toy. There were probably pics of the movement on the TD's website, so you should have known what you were buying.

If you do have emails in which the TD specifically told you your ordered watch would have a VR movement in it, they may yield to some pressure from a moderator to replace the watch or otherwise compensate you. I've seen Puretime send a member a second watch and let him keep the first one in a similar situation.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ster-ii-126710-blro-real-ceramic-904l-ss-noob

If you are stuck with this purchase and get no relief, just operate the movement properly and it should last. Plenty of members bought Noob Pepsi's knowingly and many of them are still working well. I have several of these movements doing fine. Using a winder will keep you from having to reset the date very often, which is what leads to most failures.

A safe practice when changing the date is to hour jump forward slowly and gently between 3AM and 9PM on the watch, then switch to crown position 3 and manually advance all hands from 9PM to 3AM to change the date. The keeps the jump click from receiving the additional stress of having to propel the calendar wheel driving wheel. Also don't ever hour jump backwards. These two simple practices will go a long way toward keeping the jump click intact.

Good luck bro, sorry about your deal. You can always flip the watch, I saw an identical one recently get snapped up in a day.

Reactions: GottaHave

luca123

Known Member
15/11/19
Bolzano
Hello I have receive a photo of the new because because I don't have accept the photo of the first. what do you think about the bezel? it is better than the first?

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Hello I have receive a photo of the new because because I don't have accept the photo of the first. what do you think about the bezel? it is better than the first?

...in a while the red will enter the 20 :))))

DkHelmet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/7/20
Southeast PA, US
I'm new at this and all but the location of the transition and time drift are pretty bad. Otherwise looks fine. I don't know enough to nitpick on the font or cyclops strength.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Z1y8Wc.jpg

Your first insert was very close to having perfect transitions. This one is pretty bad at 18. The s/d can be fixed easily in a few minutes and in any case for a rep 12 s/d from a TD is not a reason to reject a watch. You could ask for your first one back but that's never worked for me.

SoSK3.png

Reactions: airBUSdriver

luca123

Known Member
15/11/19
Bolzano
Hello the first gmt was sold so i have now receive the third gmt. What do you think about the bezel? 255 degress are a problem? Thank you

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
hello kj2020 you suggest to accept or ask another? thank you

Question was not directed to me but that 18 transition is dreadful. I would not accept it and ask for a different watch instead.
People obsess about 0 and O shapes, slightly thicker on thinner print, but this is a dead giveaway to me.
I personally also find the "red" way too brown, what is this, a BLBR?

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Question was not directed to me but that 18 transition is dreadful. I would not accept it and ask for a different watch instead.
People obsess about 0 and O shapes, slightly thicker on thinner print, but this is a dead giveaway to me.
I personally also find the "red" way too brown, what is this, a BLBR?

+1

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
hello kj2020 you suggest to accept or ask another? thank you

You should have taken the first one bro. Your TD is going to reach a point where he won't show you any more. It's exceptionally rare to get a Noob Pepsi insert that looks close to gen at 18 transition.

Here is mine - I like my reps for what they are and don't hate them for what they aren't. Reps will almost always have an imperfection you'd rather not have so learning to live with them is a useful attitude for us to have.

15862902515415.jpg

Last edited: