• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob finally releases true clone GMTs

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hi all,

now I am very unhappy with my purchase.

At the first look I only explored the not recessed SELs (disturbs me) and the misaligned rehaut (don’t disturb me, because same problem on some gens).

You eagle eyed RWI members pointed out so many items that I for myself had never explored:
misaligned cyclop
very bad date wheel
very bad yellow colour on the markers and hands
different green colour on dial and GMT hand

all this flaws cannot be unseen by me

another item is that the watch is not waterproof

so I come to the following conclusions:

I don’t like the watch anymore
I can’t recommend it to others
I start to hate Noob
I start to hate RWI expertise

Athos

So sorry we drove you to this realization bro, sometimes in our zeal for critical analysis we forget some members are not so critical.

I completely agree with your assessments though

I start to hate Noob

I mean look at the blunt tip of the arrowhead on the hour hand. I've sourced Noob hands numerous times for projects. Not anymore, those are really bottom of the barrel. Noob got raided in June 2019 and lost a ton of money. Then the owner turned it over to his son. It's been on a steady decline since.

Regarding your piece, if it were mine I would source an ARF dial and hands and a better datewheel while you're at it. These parts come up in M2M. Your case and movement are good. Get the crystal rotated a little and you can be happy with it. Sucks, I know but people who bought the ARF often had to swap to this movement, which cost as much or more. Here is an ARF with a swapped movement. Dial and hands are awesome.

Zm7mMn.jpg

Zz3h7n.jpg

TgtP2.jpg

Last edited:

ATHOS

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/1/19
Germany
KJ2020

Thank you for your constructive answers.

first I have to add that my piece isn’t waterproof.

My comment was a bit sarcasm ....
I really appreciate the input from the RWI members ... that is the only way for me to realize flaws of the watches.

You have to live with criticism... when posting pics of your watch.... you can be happy if the criticism is constructive as in this post.

Maybe I can see some flaws in the QC pics of my next purchase. I really thought after looking at the QC pics the piece was good. I saw the flush SELs, but thought it was because of the plastic cover.

I have to think if it’s worth to make some mods on the watch.

If the base is ok ... maybe.

Eventuelly a modder can do some work to recess the SELs.

I also will look after ARF hands and dials and datewheel and bracelet or some gen parts plus gen crystal... but that’s a question of money.

Now I will wait for some experience from members who will buy a VSF.

I think that’s the first choice for me.

To all other members:
this piece is not really bad
although I would not recommend it ... we should wait till some members post their experience with the VSF.

Athos

Reactions: KJ2020

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
I would say it's not tooooo bad, the bezel is okay and the crystal is almost the same on all reps, movement and datewheel are good like KJ already said. If I were you I would try some other bracelets if you can find some in the sales section. It will be trial and error but if you find one which fits good and recessed, the watch will look much better. If they do not fit, just sell again. After that I would give it to a modder to allign the dial and crystal and if it really matters so much the modder can also make it waterproof.

Reactions: ATHOS

qqrxq

17/2/16
So sorry we drove you to this realization bro, sometimes in our zeal for critical analysis we forget some members are not so critical.

I completely agree with your assessments though

I start to hate Noob

I mean look at the blunt tip of the arrowhead on the hour hand. I've sourced Noob hands numerous times for projects. Not anymore, those are really bottom of the barrel. Noob got raided in June 2019 and lost a ton of money. Then the owner turned it over to his son. It's been on a steady decline since.

Regarding your piece, if it were mine I would source an ARF dial and hands and a better datewheel while you're at it. These parts come up in M2M. Your case and movement are good. Get the crystal rotated a little and you can be happy with it. Sucks, I know but people who bought the ARF often had to swap to this movement, which cost as much or more. Here is an ARF with a swapped movement. Dial and hands are awesome.

Zm7mMn.jpg

Zz3h7n.jpg

TgtP2.jpg

Will ARF dial and hands fit in noob v11 without any modifications?

Thanks for your support!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Will ARF dial and hands fit in noob v11 without any modifications?

Thanks for your support!

I can't answer that firsthand bro. The ARF dial will fit on the movement (same feet position) but I put an ARF dial in a VRF case and the dial needed to be shaved down a little - it was slightly too big in diameter. You can't know for certain without a trial fit unless you have both the dial diameter and the dial seat diameter from the Noob case.

ARF hands can fit perfectly onto the VRF movement, or they can be slightly off, it's hit or miss. Sometimes the GMT and or minute hand holes are too big and need to be crimped, and the second hand hole is almost always too small and needs to be broached (enlarged). These are not difficult mods.

qqrxq

17/2/16
I can't answer that firsthand bro. The ARF dial will fit on the movement (same feet position) but I put an ARF dial in a VRF case and the dial needed to be shaved down a little - it was slightly too big in diameter. You can't know for certain without a trial fit unless you have both the dial diameter and the dial seat diameter from the Noob case.

ARF hands can fit perfectly onto the VRF movement, or they can be slightly off, it's hit or miss. Sometimes the GMT and or minute hand holes are too big and need to be crimped, and the second hand hole is almost always too small and needs to be broached (enlarged). These are not difficult mods.

Thank you very much for your answer and help :)

luca123

Known Member
15/11/19
Bolzano
Hello I have receive the qc photo of 126719 noob v11.

the crown looks like it is not aligned with the dial, the number 12 18 and 6 are not centered with the dial. The blue of the dial is the same of the original? in the photo look darkener.
Thank you
cleardot.gif

Reactions: cjt202020

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
luca123 The crown is perfectly aligned. The watch is just shown at a slight angle with the right side closer to the camera. Likewise the bezel is rotated to the right, so you can see the 18 and 6 are off by the same amount in the same direction. The 24 triangle is off by the same amount as the 12; it's just hard to see because of the watch tilt. The GMT bezel has a lot of play so you can rotate it into place and it will remain static. I'm not sure about the Noob dial, but I'm sure this will be similar to any other you're seeing from the batch. I were you I'd GL this immediately.

luca123

Known Member
15/11/19
Bolzano
Hello dc109 thanks for your replay
do you suggest to accept the wacht? i don’t understand what does GL mean
thanks
luca

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
thanks
luca

You won't get a better Noob 126719. The Noob blue dials do look darker than GMF or DJF and gen but you won't get a different one on another sample. It will undoubtedly look a lot lighter in some other lighting environments, particularly direct sunlight. Here's are a couple shots of my GMF that illustrate this. GL means Green Light (approve) the watch, which you should do. Date font is a little thick but that won't be different on another sample either. Your watch looks very good.

15889707921740.jpg

15947428389667.jpg

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
thanks
luca

Hey bro, I forgot my usual effort to use terms everyone knows instead of forum geeks... GL= Green Light, so yes, accept.

Yours was a reasonable question. Over time you will get better at recognizing how the pic angle affects alignment, and ones like this will be obvious to you. But in the meantime our QC policy is made to allow for new members to sanity-check specific things just like this. Enjoy the pepsi!

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
luca123 Your insert is great. Nice uniform good red color and 18 transition is pretty close - better than many others.

luca123 I was about to hop on here just to say this too. Even if your movement does break, you can still sell this thing to someone who's gonna modify just on account of how good your bezel transition is compared to many other Noobs. Or you can have it modified yourself too :)