• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob finally releases true clone GMTs

Wolex

7/2/20
Noob "gold", and particularly RG is not good quality. Best to steer clear of it.

Righto! TD Li recommended GMF or VRF for the rootbeer using 2836 movement however, I thought I'll just wait till someone does a clone GMTs

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Righto! TD Li recommended GMF or VRF for the rootbeer using 2836 movement however, I thought I'll just wait till someone does a clone GMTs

VRF "gold" is too saturated in color IMO. Their YG is orangey and their RG is too pink. GMF/BP "gold" coloring is nice. YMMV

GMF recently released a true clone 3285 GMT movement. It should be available in their 126711/15's soon if not already.

BP YG

15869626622450.jpg

GMF released true clone 3285

ATHOS

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/1/19
Germany
I want transfer it in this:

I saw it (green GMT hand and green insert) a long time ago in a post from KJ2020 but waited for an CHS and a non-timebomb movement
KJ2020 was so nice and sent me a link for the green insert and a Tutorial how to change the insert via PM.

If VSF had offered its model earlier I would have decided me for VSF

Although I think this Noob is a well made piece

enjoy your weekend

Athos

Reactions: KJ2020

ATHOS

28/1/19
Germany
Some observations:
1. SEL fits perfect between the lugs (when holding against the sun nearly no light passes through)
2. both SEL (on 6 and on 12) sitting flush to the
lugs (as I understand they should be a little recessed - good that they sit not higher than the lugs)
3. my watch is not waterproof (I worked in the bracelet a bit motocycle chain oil and after washing it out under warm water there was fog in the inner crystal)
could be also my fault... maybe I didn‘t screw the crown tight
4. the crown of the rehaut sits not exactly under the 12h marker (could be an easy fix but doesn’t disturb me)
5. markers 6h and 9h have „rounded“ edges
6. GMT hand nicely rounded
second hand flat not rounded
Minute and Hour hands not rounded but not rough edges but only to see with magnification glass it look as if there is something at the sides that look like glue or plastic (can’t explain it better)
7, bezel insert look clean and silver/grey coloured ... no rough edges
8. Date change start exact at 12:00 but was not emediate after 15 Minute the datewheel showed between 20 and 21

my photographing skills are low and I only use a iPhone5 camera

but if you want some detail pictures...feel free to ask ... I will try to do my best

athos

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Some observations:
1. SEL fits perfect between the lugs (when holding against the sun nearly no light passes through)
2. both SEL (on 6 and on 12) sitting flush to the
lugs (as I understand they should be a little recessed - good that they sit not higher than the lugs)
3. my watch is not waterproof (I worked in the bracelet a bit motocycle chain oil and after washing it out under warm water there was fog in the inner crystal)
could be also my fault... maybe I didn‘t screw the crown tight
4. the crown of the rehaut sits not exactly under the 12h marker (could be an easy fix but doesn’t disturb me)
5. markers 6h and 9h have „rounded“ edges
6. GMT hand nicely rounded
second hand flat not rounded
Minute and Hour hands not rounded but not rough edges but only to see with magnification glass it look as if there is something at the sides that look like glue or plastic (can’t explain it better)
7, bezel insert look clean and silver/grey coloured ... no rough edges
8. Date change start exact at 12:00 but was not emediate after 15 Minute the datewheel showed between 20 and 21

my photographing skills are low and I only use a iPhone5 camera

but if you want some detail pictures...feel free to ask ... I will try to do my best

athos
Dude. Post the pictures.

Last edited:

Blu_shark

Horology Curious
19/5/18
Got super excited seeing this thread then had a few laughs after reading all the way through. Guess we will have to keep waiting for the Pepsi. I pulled the trigger on the noob timebomb a while back. After reading through all of the threads by KJ2020 I’ve managed to keep it alive. It’s been a daily wearer for months so hopefully it lasts until they make one with the better movement!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Some observations:

6. Minute and Hour hands not rounded but not rough edges but only to see with magnification glass it look as if there is something at the sides that look like glue or plastic (can’t explain it better)

8. Date change start exact at 12:00 but was not immediate after 15 Minute the datewheel showed between 20 and 21

Thanks for your observations bro. The material on the hands is lume overspill. It can be sanded off easily but the hands have to be removed to do it.

Your date eventually clicked over to 21? This behavior is not typical of the VR movements, but any rep can have weak parts. If it's just a slow flip that eventually works, it can be tolerable. Something as simple as bending the date finger a little could fix it.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
It's quite disappointing indeed. Cyclops is not well aligned, Rehaut engraving as well, flush SELs...

ATHOS

28/1/19
Germany
I noticed the green GMT hand color match to text is off. It looks like VRF and ARF have a better color match. Thoughts?

Correct:
really different green colours on dial and hand
(VRF on intime seems bettter, but I can’t compare this with gen or in real life)

@tobel
flush SELs are an unnecessary item and therefore disturb me most

cyclop is probably only because of the angle

ATHOS

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Correct:
really different green colours on dial and hand
(VRF on intime seems bettter, but I can’t compare this with gen or in real life)

@tobel

cyclop is probably only because of the angle

ATHOS

ARF 116710 LN bracelet on a Noob case if you want to change it. SEL hole lineup to springbar detents is perfect. Recess is great

16060736357040.jpg

Reactions: rockdaytona

cool1o

Known Member
11/10/20
Germany
@tobel

didn’t you get QC pictures? I guess the SEL problem could be just bad luck. Haven’t seen that flush SELs for a long time now

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

You are right: cyclop isn‘t aligned

Wow that datewheel is bad. Noob has really gone down hill. Their datewheels used to be among the best, even sought after as a standalone part. BK used to sell them for $40.

Also I had mentioned this initially, the hands lume is yellowed. You can really tell when a factory is using lower quality parts.

My Noob stock DW
ZmrBcc.jpg

ATHOS

28/1/19
Germany
Hi all,

now I am very unhappy with my purchase.

At the first look I only explored the not recessed SELs (disturbs me) and the misaligned rehaut (don’t disturb me, because same problem on some gens).

You eagle eyed RWI members pointed out so many items that I for myself had never explored:
misaligned cyclop
very bad date wheel
very bad yellow colour on the markers and hands
different green colour on dial and GMT hand

all this flaws cannot be unseen by me

another item is that the watch is not waterproof

so I come to the following conclusions:

I don’t like the watch anymore
I can’t recommend it to others
I start to hate Noob
I start to hate RWI expertise

Athos