• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob finally releases true clone GMTs

Goon3r

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/4/20
UK
Been waiting too long for a pepsi with a reliable movement.

Cant belive Noob are doing us like this!

The wait goes on.

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
What a mess-I'm beginning to think VR have an agreement with noob that noob will not be allowed to use their movement with the superior Pepsi insert?
From a business point of view it makes sense and would explain why noob haven't released this combination that would surely be a huge seller.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Noob is a for profit enterprise (or should I say organized mafia/crime) and will act accordingly. They will eventually put VR3185 on the Pepsi when sales starts to slow down in mainland China. Until then, they will mint money (which they should) on the strength of that insert. They need to recoup some money spent on the tooling and engineering to manufacture insert (even.though18 transition is wrong ;))

The decision to put VR3185 on the LN and Batman was a business decision, there was too much competition with these models, so they had to act upon it or be left behind.

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
Noob is a for profit enterprise (or should I say organized mafia/crime) and will act accordingly. They will eventually put VR3185 on the Pepsi when sales starts to slow down in mainland China. Until then, they will mint money (which they should) on the strength of that insert. They need to recoup some money spent on the tooling and engineering to manufacture insert (even.though18 transition is wrong ;))

The decision to put VR3185 on the LN and Batman was a business decision, there was too much competition with these models, so they had to act upon it or be left behind.

I agree with everything you say but noob will 'mint money' far more by pairing their excellent Pepsi insert with a fully functioning, infinitely more reliable cloned movement.

Reactions: vcappp and KJ2020

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I agree with everything you say but noob will 'mint money' far more by pairing their excellent Pepsi insert with a fully functioning, infinitely more reliable cloned movement.

No they won't necessarily, outside of this community nobody knows about the timebomb movement. And they probably have a lot of inventory of these watches with the old movement that they don't want to throw away

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Funny when I loaded Trusty's page the 116719 price is $8,888.00!! LOL​​​​​

Yeah that's a placeholder price til they get the listing complete. They're just making sure they don't list it too low or people would order it too soon.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
I mean, would anyone be surprised if in a year Noob is pricing their BLROs at gen sub prices?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

Mr Seamaster

Renowned Member
27/4/12
It’s always the same. This is disappointing.

They get the insert nicely done or the crystal or the movement or whatever part and are screwing up something else just to have the potential buyer to buy another watch to butcher it and using „the best“ parts of both worlds (example VRF and ARF GMT II).

I‘m done with 6 digit sportmodels.
You have about $1.3k in it for two watches from which you pick „the best“ parts and put them together to one watch.
Sure you can resell the remaining parts but come on..
Not to mention the cost of you’re not able to do the whole thing yourself.

That’s some sort of crazy.

Nevertheless i appreciate everyone’s passion for hunting parts and modding everything and will follow this thread with great attention.

Just my 0.02

And it’s even more disappointing that they’ve made a pretty nice watch and put in a piece of .... as movement.
The asking price is ridiculous for what you’re getting.
2021 we‘ll reach the 1k line for standard noob reps lol

2many2choose

Known Member
17/8/16
Well...the noob pepsi pricing was disappointing along with the movement. The BLNR seems to give us some hope if it really using a VR3185. Thank gawd it wasn't $8888.00! Once we get the arf and noob hands-on then we can all make the decision.

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
This is a 116719 with a 2824 CHS timebomb. WTF Boob?

I guess people will buy it if it's priced like the other new V11's. SPECIAL SALE! Get your Noob Pepsi inserts for $200 off!

Might be a way to entice buyers to help them unload all their remaining timebombs. Crafty bitches.
I have such disdain for those cucks right now, not gonna lie. Literally forcing the purchase of $658 for a bloody insert. I pray ZZF or VSF summer slams with their own GMT line including a BLRO.
giphy.gif

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Sherlock Humms

Horology Curious
28/3/19
Manchester, UK
So, just for clarification...

Is the SA3186 movement in the latest noob 116710 LN and BLNR models considered a true clone and okay then, i.e not a timebomb…or is this one to avoid like the A3186 CHS movement in the 116719?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
So, just for clarification...

Is the SA3186 movement in the latest noob 116710 LN and BLNR models considered a true clone and okay then, i.e not a timebomb…or is this one to avoid like the A3186 CHS movement in the 116719?

We don't know yet bro. We need to wait til someone gets QC pics of the movement. GMF pulled some bait and switch tactics on their V3's, showing the VR3185 on TD sites but delivering the 2824 timebomb.

GMF released true clone 3285

What we do know is the TD website pics show this for the V11's

116710 LN and BLNR - VR3185
116719 BLRO (black dial) - 2824 timebomb
126719 BLRO (blue dial) - 2824 timebomb

Assigning approximate values to the movements of $75 for the timebomb and $150 for the VR3185, and adding in the model price differences of $200 (from Trusty) that puts the cost of the Pepsi insert at $275, plus you end up with a greatly inferior movement in your watch.

Last edited: