• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob finally releases true clone GMTs

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
[mention]KJ2020 [/mention] setting the movement piece aside for a minute. What are your thoughts on the two Pepsi’s? Also, If we find out it is a time bomb movement, is it worth getting and swapping with a VR immediately or wait till it breaks first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man this is a thread about the noob with the new movements, so maybe you can ask that somewhere else? Besides, the timebomb movements is well documented on this forum, so a little research will get you a long way.

Reactions: KJ2020

stowee

Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Texas
Man this is a thread about the noob with the new movements, so maybe you can ask that somewhere else? Besides, the timebomb movements is well documented on this forum, so a little research will get you a long way.

Maybe that was a question better suited for PM. But thank you for taking the time to tell me my comment was off topic. I have read the research over the topic but don’t have the knowledge KJ2020 has, thus why I was asking for his opinion.

2many2choose

Known Member
17/8/16

Friends QC's, I would be happy with that.

Oh hmm wow. That's a big tell. Will a SpongeBob insert mod help hide the speed bumps? And is this QC from puretime? I asked jtime and he told me it's not available yet.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Friends QC's, I would be happy with that.

Yeah, Noob has not made a bit of effort to improve their Batman insert. I have one exactly like this in my parts drawer from two years ago. It was removed from the watch immediately.

I guess your friend doesn't know what movement he got, either from pics or from asking which way the hands move with forward crown rotation? I wouldn't be able to approve one of these without knowing that.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Oh hmm wow. That's a big tell. Will a SpongeBob insert mod help hide the speed bumps? And is this QC from puretime? I asked jtime and he told me it's not available yet.

Spongebob mod will not remove the speed bumps.

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Yeah, Noob has not made a bit of effort to improve their Batman insert. I have one exactly like this in my parts drawer from two years ago. It was removed from the watch immediately.

I guess your friend doesn't know what movement he got, either from pics or from asking which way the hands move with forward crown rotation? I wouldn't be able to approve one of these without knowing that.

I did mention about what movement he's looking for but at this point I think he's just more keen to go ARF. I was also pretty disappointed by the speedbumps but they appear to be somewhat visible across all the websites I've seen of it. His moreso.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
[mention]KJ2020 [/mention] setting the movement piece aside for a minute. What are your thoughts on the two Pepsi’s? Also, If we find out it is a time bomb movement, is it worth getting and swapping with a VR immediately or wait till it breaks first?

They look just like the current 126710 Noob Pepsi bro, with minor dial and bracelet changes. It's a great watch aesthetically. Swapping a VR into the timebomb case is not a simple task, it needs a custom movement holder and new hands. We shouldn't be forced into that dilemma with true clone movements being out now for a year.

We still don't know for certain that any of the Noob V11's have a VR3185. I'll believe it when I see it.

2many2choose

Known Member
17/8/16
Zemyk3.jpg
ZemYOn.jpg
ZemOjE.jpg
Zemqv2.jpg
Zem1Js.jpg

These are what the China dealers are posting on WeChat for everyone's information. The speed bumps don't look so bad but of course only the QC photos count.

Last edited:
Reactions: hp106 and KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Zemyk3.jpg

These are what the China dealers are posting on WeChat for everyone's information. The speed bumps don't look so bad but of course only the QC photos count.

It's a VR3185, so that's a good thing. You can just barely see the gold balance shock absorber block but also it has the gen-spec movement screws for a slotted case. Those are unique to the VR.

Shame about the insert. If only it looked as good as the ARF insert...

a864e5764881cb73342fab0e56806602.png

Reactions: stufuse

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Different strokes etc I guess
I would cry my eyes out about that 18 transition ....:cry:
My well worn ICHS GMF from September 2019 is much better ....

I did tell him. I noticed on the TD pictures of the new Noob that you can spot the speedbumps on the 18 in some photos, so there's a chance the next Noob he gets could be the same. In which case I've said ARF might just be the best choice

Muskandar

9/8/17
CONUS
Yeah I was just about to order a this watch, but this a deal breaker for me. Those transition lines are hideous. I hope I’m not being over dramatic, but that insert doesn’t look at all like the bezel on our TDs websites.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Not accusing Noob of anything (yet) but that looks just like a V10 CHS timebomb. I wouldn't even be talking about this if GMF hadn't done the exact same thing. I know the WeChat images showed a VR3185 but we don't know about this actual sample.

12 o'clock marker is crooked, could be a reject.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777

2many2choose

Known Member
17/8/16
Not accusing Noob of anything (yet) but that looks just like a V10 CHS timebomb. I wouldn't even be talking about this if GMF hadn't done the exact same thing. I know the WeChat images showed a VR3185 but we don't know about this actual sample.

12 o'clock marker is crooked, could be a reject.

On WeChat it looks like Noob has told the dealers it's the new 3186 movement and everyone of them is advertising it for the LN and Batman. Haha it will be hilarious instead they deliver the timebomb movement in all the watches!

Last edited:

Muskandar

9/8/17
CONUS
On WeChat it looks like Noob has told the dealers it's the new 3186 movement and everyone of them is advertising it for the LN and Batman. Haha it will be hilarious instead they deliver the timebomb movement in all the watches!

I don’t think this is entirely accurate.
Without QC pics from all models it’s hard to tell.
Based off of what we know so far it looks like the BLNR and the LN have the VR3185. The Pepsi with blue and black dials have the time bomb movement.
Of course we are going off the pics from TDs websites, not QC’s.
We need QCs to verify.

Sent from the RWI App

Last edited: