• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob finally releases true clone GMTs

kevBquick

9/10/18
With respect to Andrew, this response in incorrect. In all likelihood your response came from one of his sales minions anyway. TDs are not watchmakers and know little more than what the factory tells them. This response is more proof of that. There are many more instances of incorrect movement information coming from TDs. Trust me when I tell you the infamous CHS timebomb is a GMT modded A2824, and that is what TDs pics show on the V11 BLRO's.

yeah the proof was in the pic...that was prior to me going to look at the ARF vs Noob movement pics to see.

and yeah i do believe this is not andrew per say but rather someone who works for him.

though i would figure at this point and time with 10+yrs in the biz....they would/should know movements when they see them. how long can you claim ignorance. and this far in the game....its no longer an excuse. highest price in the land for noob for a 904L i mean 316L with a 3186, i mean 2846.

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Putting in an order for the BLNR. Will probably take a bit to get the order started but I’ll share approved qc pics when I have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

Muskandar

9/8/17
CONUS
I think the estimate is that we represent 20% of TD's sales. But TDs are only a fraction of factory's sales. There's other dealers, some on Instagram or facebook, there's markets in China etc. etc. So in the end we represent a small fraction of factory's sales

Thanks for the clarification

Sent from the RWI App

mouldy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/6/11
visually they are pretty well done. the debate is the movement that is advertised vs what actually is. solid looking watch...we just want the proper movement in them.

I really like the Noob Pepsi with the 3285 in it, but at $668 am I better off in a Daytona or DJ2?

Reactions: KILO

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I really like the Noob Pepsi with the 3285 in it, but at $668 am I better off in a Daytona or DJ2?

There is no Noob Pepsi with a 3285 movement. All new Noob Pepsi's have 2824 CHS timebombs, some of which have a fake 3285 engraving.

Why CHS GMT movements fail

Noob Daytonas are a good choice, the movement is revolutionary. Stay away from Noob RG and YG, especially with a rubber strap. ARF DJ41 is also a solid rep.

Last edited:

mouldy

24/6/11
Thanks for the input. I came across this on trusty. Movement is not reliable? You recommend staying away?

mouldy

24/6/11
Yes, thanks. Just finished. Was a little confused Orginally but all clear now. Thanks for the help

mytux

Known Member
13/2/20
Belgium, EU
Last edited:

rabl253

Supporter
Certified
1/2/19
so Puretime published these 2 today :

https://puretimewatch.io/gmt-master-...5-v11-chs.html
https://puretimewatch.io/gmt-master-...6-v11-chs.html

movement pictures are IDENTICAL (meaning, they took the same file picture for both watches...)
Who's going to pull the trigger first to see what we actually get inside ?

PS : note that there is a 116719 (without the crown between SWISS and MADE) and a 126719 (with the crown). The 126719 has blue dial while the 116719 has black dial

If you reference KJ2020 's very helpful breakdown on GMT movements, I don't care what the description says on those two links, that looks like the ETA 2824 movement from the photos https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...cas/8449368-rep-rolex-gmt-movements-explained

kevBquick

9/10/18
so Puretime published these 2 today :

https://puretimewatch.io/gmt-master-...5-v11-chs.html
https://puretimewatch.io/gmt-master-...6-v11-chs.html

movement pictures are IDENTICAL (meaning, they took the same file picture for both watches...)
Who's going to pull the trigger first to see what we actually get inside ?

PS : note that there is a 116719 (without the crown between SWISS and MADE) and a 126719 (with the crown). The 126719 has blue dial while the 116719 has black dial

you guys aren't getting it....KJ2020's post shows you. but since its not clicking I will assist. its a 2824. The thing I circled below....so half of its hiding but that shape means 2824.

ZLxTt1

ZLxTt1.jpg

YOU NEED TO SEE THIS>>>
5tkHJ.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DD60 and KJ2020

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
It's simple. So far only the LN and BLNR have the updated movement. All other noobs are still using the timebomb so there's no noob pepsi with a reliable movement

Reactions: KJ2020

mytux

Known Member
13/2/20
Belgium, EU
Why did they share the exact same mouvement pictures for the 2 watches then ?
they didn’t even take the time to take actual picture of the mouvement for one (or maybe even the 2 watches).
this means pictures can’t be trusted...

kevBquick

9/10/18
Why did they share the exact same mouvement pictures for the 2 watches then ?
they didn’t even take the time to take actual picture of the mouvement for one (or maybe even the 2 watches).

pics can't be trusted all the time. sometimes it the marketing pictures sent to the TDs....they just watermark and upload.
some of the watches actually have the proper movement....some of them don't. however they are pictured.
thats why KJ was educating me....different thread. And I'm trying to let people know...you need to pay attention.

To them they modify the 2824 movement to best resemble the 3185/6 movement...however by the pictures of the movement for
those that are taking the time to educate themselves...you will realize that "the description" doesn't mean what it says/rather what we think.
So its not just reading the description anymore because it can be misleading we will say.
measurements are off. etc. So we need to be able to understand what they are saying. Watch dials look different due to lightboxes and the photo ops
they give them. So that is hard to say color is accurate or not. So we need to be more savvy now than ever. If you want to get what your looking for.
trust me i almost did it with the pepsi too....because i just read the title and skimmed the description but through a quick post to see if everything else looked
good dial wise, etc etc. KJ brought it to my attention that the movement is still a 2824 and I never even glanced at that part. sure based on description
i assumed i was getting a noob clone movement or at least somebodies. since they came up with the 4130...i thought it was their movement. its still
the same ole with higher prices.

Last edited:

mytux

Known Member
13/2/20
Belgium, EU
I totally agree :)
and I can see by myself that the pictures from PureTime links I sent yesterday are indeed depicting a 2824...
and I also know that the description can sometimes be wrong/off/misleading

But because you can't trust pictures, and you can't trust the description of TDs... you need somebody to buy it and show what's inside, no other way around :)

so yeah... I just hope we can get a Noob Pepsi soon with a super clone movement (I would prefer a 3185). I don't want to buy 2 watches, swap dial hands and bezel then resell the leftover reassembled.

Last edited:

kevBquick

9/10/18
i hear ya. i broke my gmf v1 movement with the 2826-2. and i jumped on it right away even though crystal height was off. but i got a good dial. i'm sure it can be repaired i just can't get anyone to do such. i belive the keyless is all messed up.

regardless...i like the noob for a lot of things and I will only settle for a 3186 or 3286 or whatever its supposed to be for the 126710BLRO. either way a real clone movement from noob and I will jump on it.

Reactions: mytux

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

True statement bro, in some instances. That's one of the reasons we are all here.

But in general if two similar models have the same movement there is really nothing wrong with using the same pics for both.

Here is a summary of what we have been shown on TD sites for the Noob V11

116710 LN and BLNR - VR3185
116719 BLRO (black dial) - 2824 timebomb
126719 BLRO (blue dial) - 2824 timebomb

AFAIK no one has gotten QC pics of the watch let alone the movement so we can't verify any of the V11 movements yet.

Last edited:

stowee

Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Texas
[mention]KJ2020 [/mention] setting the movement piece aside for a minute. What are your thoughts on the two Pepsi’s? Also, If we find out it is a time bomb movement, is it worth getting and swapping with a VR immediately or wait till it breaks first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk