No announcement yet.

Noob finally releases true clone GMTs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are what the China dealers are posting on WeChat for everyone's information. The speed bumps don't look so bad but of course only the QC photos count.
    Last edited by 2many2choose; 30-10-20, 13:12.

Comment

Originally posted by 2many2choose View Post

These are what the China dealers are posting on WeChat for everyone's information. The speed bumps don't look so bad but of course only the QC photos count.
      It's a VR3185, so that's a good thing. You can just barely see the gold balance shock absorber block but also it has the gen-spec movement screws for a slotted case. Those are unique to the VR.

Shame about the insert. If only it looked as good as the ARF insert...

We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
      GMT Movements Explained
      BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen
      Swap your CHS movement to ICHS - possible?
      The Fantasy Watch Thread
      Noob GMT's poor bezel design
      Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

Blue is wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by SvnNZ View Post

Friends QC's, I would be happy with that.
          Different strokes etc I guess
          I would cry my eyes out about that 18 transition ....
          My well worn ICHS GMF from September 2019 is much better ....

Comment

Originally posted by RiffRalf View Post

Different strokes etc I guess
            I would cry my eyes out about that 18 transition ....
            My well worn ICHS GMF from September 2019 is much better ....
            I did tell him. I noticed on the TD pictures of the new Noob that you can spot the speedbumps on the 18 in some photos, so there's a chance the next Noob he gets could be the same. In which case I've said ARF might just be the best choice

Comment

Yeah I was just about to order a this watch, but this a deal breaker for me. Those transition lines are hideous. I hope I’m not being over dramatic, but that insert doesn’t look at all like the bezel on our TDs websites.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Comment

Double post
                Last edited by RiffRalf; 31-10-20, 03:00.

Comment

Not accusing Noob of anything (yet) but that looks just like a V10 CHS timebomb. I wouldn't even be talking about this if GMF hadn't done the exact same thing. I know the WeChat images showed a VR3185 but we don't know about this actual sample.

12 o'clock marker is crooked, could be a reject.
                  Last edited by KJ2020; 31-10-20, 04:45.
                  We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
                  GMT Movements Explained
                  BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen
                  Swap your CHS movement to ICHS - possible?
                  The Fantasy Watch Thread
                  Noob GMT's poor bezel design
                  Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

Originally posted by KJ2020 View Post
                    Not accusing Noob of anything (yet) but that looks just like a V10 CHS timebomb. I wouldn't even be talking about this if GMF hadn't done the exact same thing. I know the WeChat images showed a VR3185 but we don't know about this actual sample.

12 o'clock marker is crooked, could be a reject.
                    On WeChat it looks like Noob has told the dealers it's the new 3186 movement and everyone of them is advertising it for the LN and Batman. Haha it will be hilarious instead they deliver the timebomb movement in all the watches!
                    Last edited by 2many2choose; 31-10-20, 04:55.

Comment

On WeChat it looks like Noob has told the dealers it's the new 3186 movement and everyone of them is advertising it for the LN and Batman. Haha it will be hilarious instead they deliver the timebomb movement in all the watches!
                      I don’t think this is entirely accurate.
                      Without QC pics from all models it’s hard to tell.
                      Based off of what we know so far it looks like the BLNR and the LN have the VR3185. The Pepsi with blue and black dials have the time bomb movement.
                      Of course we are going off the pics from TDs websites, not QC’s.
                      We need QCs to verify.

Sent from the RWI App
                      Last edited by Muskandar; 31-10-20, 12:32.

Comment

China dealers have them in stock and I ask for a real photo, not one from Noob. This is what it looks like.

Comment

It looks like they stuck two pieces together, the transition at 18 is all wrong, with the inside of the 8 not all black but with some parts blue in it. Staring at the ARF it looks like they did a better job.

Comment

It looks like they stuck two pieces together, the transition at 18 is all wrong, with the inside of the 8 not all black but with some parts blue in it. Staring at the ARF it looks like they did a better job.
                            Yes that's how they manufacture these inserts, unlike Rolex who discolors half of a one piece insert so that it becomes blue. That's why rep inserts have speed bumps. I'm sure it can be improved with a better manufacturing and assembly process but by default that's what happens

Comment

Those are OK I suppose but where are these "true clones" of which the OP speaks?

************************************************** ********
                              People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
                              ************************************************** *************
                              hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
                              ************************************************** ********
                              When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

what do you think arf or noob is better?
                                I think noob made a mistake with font on "Rolex oyster perpetual..." on the dial

Comment

Working...
                                X