• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob finally releases true clone GMTs

Muskandar

9/8/17
CONUS
Guys, is it possible to transfer the bezel and movement/dial from this "white gold" pepsi to a Noob Batgirl? https://www.intime05.co/rollie/7463-...and-stack.html

I don't understand your question.
Noob is selling the batman model already, and the pepsi model has the the SH3186 which isnt as good as the batman's VR3185.
Maybe just buy the batman model with the VR3185 if your ok with the speedbumps?

Reactions: vcappp

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
Ok, thanks. That's what I thought, just wanted an experts opinion. So I cannot understand some guys thinking about a Noob Batman with this shitty insert if an ARF with the much better insert and the same movement is available.

mytux

Known Member
13/2/20
Belgium, EU
if I'm correct, ARF has the SH3186 not the VR3815.
The SH3186 has 1 flaw (even the GEN one has), it you set the time too often, you might break a piece and GMT hand will not work correctly anymore (if I'm correct, not 100% sure of the actual flaw).
Rolex has updated the 3815 to 3816 so that the GMT hand would have less play when you were setting the time, but their new design is weaker... :)

Also, it seems that only PureTime has the ARF Batman, it's not present in any other TD website, so maybe it's not yet out...

Muskandar

9/8/17
CONUS
if I'm correct, ARF has the SH3186 not the VR3815.
The SH3186 has 1 flaw (even the GEN one has), it you set the time too often, you might break a piece and GMT hand will not work correctly anymore (if I'm correct, not 100% sure of the actual flaw).
Rolex has updated the 3815 to 3816 so that the GMT hand would have less play when you were setting the time, but their new design is weaker... :)

Also, it seems that only PureTime has the ARF Batman, it's not present in any other TD website, so maybe it's not yet out...

Your correct in stating that the ARF BLNR has the SH3186, which does have the clicker spring fault. It breaks easily. Although it is a better movement than the SA3186.

If I remember correctly it goes something like this VS>VR>SH>SA. I dont believe that VS has a 3185/6 movement currently though. They have the VS3135 in their new sub.

Noob BLNR supposedly has the VR3185/6 but we are waiting on confirmation from QC pics to determine whether that is really true.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Your correct in stating that the ARF BLNR has the SH3186, which does have the clicker spring fault. It breaks easily. Although it is a better movement than the SA3186.

If I remember correctly it goes something like this VS>VR>SH>SA. I dont believe that VS has a 3185/6 movement currently though. They have the VS3135 in their new sub.

Noob BLNR supposedly has the VR3185/6 but we are waiting on confirmation from QC pics to determine whether that is really true.

Noob BLNR with VR3185 has been confirmed bro.

Post 177

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...eleases-true-clone-gmts?p=9386743#post9386743

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
Is it possible to build a VR3186 into an ARF case without corrections at the case or a special movement holder?

Gesendet von iPhone 11 Pro mit Tapatalk

Shany

24/6/19
well lets wait, ARF also uses AR3135 in new versions of sub, maybe they gonna use AR3185s in the gmts soon.

i think its just a modified VR not any own movement

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
well lets wait, ARF also uses AR3135 in new versions of sub, maybe they gonna use AR3185s in the gmts soon.

i think its just a modified VR not any own movement

Aside from ETA clones, ARF only uses SH movements AFAIK. Some newer SH's have a blue hairspring like the VR's but IDK of any other differences like an improved date plate or autowind assembly (two SH weaknesses).

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Is it possible to build a VR3186 into an ARF case without corrections at the case or a special movement holder?

Gesendet von iPhone 11 Pro mit Tapatalk

Yes. Sometimes ARF hands do not fit 1:1 on VR3185 movements. Theoretically all VR/SH/SA/Gen 3185/6 hands holes and posts should be the same size but differences can occur due to machining tolerances. There are multiple reports of ARF hands not fitting perfectly on VR3185's. It's happened to me, but not every time. You can crimp the hand hole collar to make it smaller or broach it to make it bigger. It's not difficult but needs care to not damage the hand or let it become misshapen.

Reactions: higginsd

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
Yes. Sometimes ARF hands do not fit 1:1 on VR3185 movements. Theoretically all VR/SH/SA/Gen 3185/6 hands holes and posts should be the same size but differences can occur due to machining tolerances. There are multiple reports of ARF hands not fitting perfectly on VR3185's. It's happened to me, but not every time. You can crimp the hand hole collar to make it smaller or broach it to make it bigger. It's not difficult but needs care to not damage the hand or let it become misshapen.

Maybe I'll go for a Noob and instructing Ryan to keep a sharp eye on possible bumpers at the insert.

I think the factories are kidding us with their Rolex builds. Here is this flaw, there another, new version with old flaws, timebomb movements... They are masters in the commercial point of view, always one hand in our pockets to get more money.

I know they CAN build a super-rep ootb in the first shot: yesterday I got my new IWC Aquatimer Darwin bronce, a small series watch. A perfect build in the first batch! Looks like they are using IWC genparts (and maybe they do, who knows where such parts are build...)

So: yes, they CAN! But don't want.

Reactions: rabl253

DkHelmet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/7/20
Southeast PA, US
I'm still wondering if the BLROs are just suffering from bad publicity photos or a hacked-up demo unit. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to upgrade the movement for only part of a version upgrade. Unless they really are that evil/stupid.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Maybe I'll go for a Noob and instructing Ryan to keep a sharp eye on possible bumpers at the insert.

I think the factories are kidding us with their Rolex builds. Here is this flaw, there another, new version with old flaws, timebomb movements... They are masters in the commercial point of view, always one hand in our pockets to get more money.

I know they CAN build a super-rep ootb in the first shot: yesterday I got my new IWC Aquatimer Darwin bronce, a small series watch. A perfect build in the first batch! Looks like they are using IWC genparts (and maybe they do, who knows where such parts are build...)

So: yes, they CAN! But don't want.

ARF insert is so much better. I agree it's a conspiracy to at least make us buy two watches and combine parts to get one great one.

ARF
ZLXc6t.jpg

Reactions: Tione12

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I'm still wondering if the BLROs are just suffering from bad publicity photos or a hacked-up demo unit. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to upgrade the movement for only part of a version upgrade. Unless they really are that evil/stupid.

The Noob Pepsi insert is their big payday, it's exclusive. No one else has come close to replicating it. As long as that is true Noob will keep gouging its buyers for it. It makes perfect sense if your business model is to maximize profit without regard for the customer's financial well being. Rolex does the same thing.

15810142088387.jpg

rabl253

Supporter
Certified
1/2/19
The Noob Pepsi insert is their big payday, it's exclusive. No one else has come close to replicating it. As long as that is true Noob will keep gouging its buyers for it. It makes perfect sense if your business model is to maximize profit without regard for the customer's financial well being. Rolex does the same thing.

Frankly, I wouldn't mind the gouging so much if they put a damn reliable movement in the back of it already, they're behind the rest of the market on this

But whatever, my wallet thanks the fine people at NOOB for not making a functional watch, keep saving, one dolla dolla bill at a time...

Reactions: KJ2020

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Frankly, I wouldn't mind the gouging so much if they put a damn reliable movement in the back of it already, they're behind the rest of the market on this

But whatever, my wallet thanks the fine people at NOOB for not making a functional watch, keep saving, one dolla dolla bill at a time...

I think eventually they will change it, from what I read on Chinese rep websites, noob boss is low on cash hence why he is outsourcing some reps to other factories. Only model that makes noob money is the Daytona which is also expensive to manufacture, hopefully they get to the point that they have to change their shit business model and they start listening to their customers.

Reactions: Tobel