• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Getting watch serviced by TD

Deviner5

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
25/9/20
Hi would anyone recommend getting a watch serviced and water proofed from TD before your purchase is dispatched? Planning on getting a RXF with 2824 movment and wasn’t sure if it would be worth paying the extra for a service or should you let it run a while first?
thanks

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Not a good idea. Watches are subject to a lot of unfavorable conditions in flight (shaking, magnetic field etc) that will negate the benefits of service and regulation done in China. Prudent to let it arrive in your hands first and then send it for service.

Reactions: KJ2020

Deviner5

Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
25/9/20
Thanks for the input guys ???? I stay in UK(Scotland) would you just get the watch serviced at your local watch repair shop ?

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Thanks for the input guys ???? I stay in UK(Scotland) would you just get the watch serviced at your local watch repair shop ?

You have to be aware that not all watchmakers will touch a rep. There's a thread about how to best find a local watchmaker, it's a sticky in the "Repairs and Mod" forum. https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...cation-repairs

Frankly, Id rather someone with first-hand knowledge of reps take the work on, there's a couple in the UK and many more if you don't mind sending out of the UK (but still Europe). https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/watchmakers-and-horologists

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20

Martins in Maryhill, Glasgow. They will service your watch. They have serviced both genuine and replica Rolex for me in the past, it was a replica with a ETA 2836 they did for me a few years back. Nice guy to deal with too. I wouldn't expect him to service a replica 3135 though, they won't be able to get genuine parts as genuine parts are on a old parts return basis (and they can't return fake parts to Rolex!)

https://www.martinsjewellers.co.uk/

I did have him fit a genuine datewheel into a replica 3135 for me though, that's fair game but he won't service one I don't think..

Last edited:

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Martins in Maryhill, Glasgow. They will service your watch. They have serviced both genuine and replica Rolex for me in the past, it was a replica with a ETA 2836 they did for me a few years back. Nice guy to deal with too. I wouldn't expect him to service a replica 3135 though, they won't be able to get genuine parts as genuine parts are on a old parts return basis (and they can't return fake parts to Rolex!)

https://www.martinsjewellers.co.uk/

I did have him fit a genuine datewheel into a replica 3135 for me though, that's fair game but he won't service one I don't think..

That´s a nice lead.. Thank you modernclassic.

Deviner5

Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
25/9/20
I didn’t mean to write the ??? Phones been playing up lads . Thanks again =) scottiedog martins would be perfect as I stay just outside of Glasgow thanks mate.

how much would you expect to pay roughly for a service ? Thanks

Deviner5

Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
25/9/20
Sorry my bad ! Thanks again guys

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
If your watch is running well and keeping time you might consider waiting a bit to have it serviced. I know that may be a minority opinion but I work on my own and haven't seen any long term negative effects of approaching it that way. I have rep watches over 2 years old that have never had the back off. Clone ETAs are often pretty robust. Watches I want to keep usually get a gen Swiss ETA at some point so I don't see a need to rush that.

You'll enjoy your RXF, it's a great watch

16031619327770.jpg