• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex DJ 41 ARF V2 126334 Blue Jubilee VS GEN - Full Side-to-side comparison

vanzhulik

Known Member
5/8/20
Hello everyone!

I was finally able to buy my first gen rolex recently, and luckily i had same ARF rep for 2 years.

I thought it would be useful to make side-to-side comparison, so people can learn a bit more about this particular rep.

First of all, i want to say that ARF rep is close, nice ootb, i like it.

1. Movement is a biggest difference, coz ARF movements is garbage, stucking datewheel, very tough crown movement and less than 40 hours reserve(in my case). While gen has very decent 70 hours power reserve movement.

2. Of course bezel. If you go for fluted version, Gen has solid white gold fluted bezel, while rep is stainless steel, and under direct sunlight difference is huge. But, imo, only under direct sun, in any other circumstances, is hard to tell any difference.

3. Bracelet polishing. Despite ARF is very well done, still lack of some polishing finesse and satin look. I believe is main thing about jubilee bracelets, its should feel and look like satin. Anyways difference is minor here, and can be seen only at side-by-side comparison.

4. Bracelet quality. Honestly, first 2 days i thought that somehow i bought not gen, but another fake because of the bracelet - my ARF feel more solid but still soft and gentle, while gen felt like "too light and thin", but then one expert told me that it should be like this.

5. Dial color and sunburst. My version is blue, and ARF is pretty close from first sight, but further you inspect the watches side-to-side, more you see color difference. GEN is very changing, can wary from almost black in dark premises, to light blue under direct light. Blue tone is also depends if its cold(white) light, or warm(yellow). ARF has one blue tone in almost all circumstances, imo. Sunburst is nicely done in ARF, but still missing some crispness GEN has.

Here is side to side pictures.

Dial, bezel and DW(GEN left):

Z2N1oP.jpg

Z2NOMo.jpg

Here we can see crystal differences(GEN right):

Z2NTqj.jpg

Bracelet and clasp(GEN left):

Z2N9TW.jpg

Z2NYgJ.jpg

Z2N85Q.jpg

Side and crown(GEN lower):

Z2NtNR.jpg

Z2Nn0S.jpg

More side-to-side(GEN right):

Z2NrBL.jpg

Z2NQK8.jpg

Z2NpMv.jpg

Z2Nl9K.jpg

Z2NPD1.jpg

In the end, summarizing my 2 years experience with rep, i can say that ARF rep is definitely best on the market, and best ootb. But of course, gen is gen.

I would be glad to answer any questions you have.

Cheers!

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Great comparison - thanks for showing. The ARF is awesome with a gen DW+crystal. Dial colour is still a bit off, but you might not even notice side by side in real life due to the sunray brushing.

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under
Thanks for the post and congrats on your gen purchase. It’s a lovely watch.

I really like the DJ 41 and have been reading a lot about them. ARF do a good job.

Not quite as good as R factory!

Reactions: Grfranco

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
They are very close, I cannot really any difference between them in the pictures.

T-Rep69

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/20
Dear vanzhulik,
thank you very much for the comparison. It is not so common to have the possibility to compare rep and gen side-by-side.
It was very helpful for me, since I am in the processes to buy an ARF (V3).
From the pictures indeed it is not so easy to see the differences, but clearly "live" (as you said) the feeling must be different.
And congratulations for having purchased a gen ;-)
Cheers, T-Rep69

Reactions: Daniel84

NFleischer

I'm Pretty Popular
9/12/08
Great review, thanks. I have the fluted version with oyster bracelet and agree it's a tremendous rep OOB.
Viper, why would you want the DJ2 now?

ViperGTS

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
1/1/10
i like the face of the DJII better, the thicker white hour markers, and the slightly larger case

HG 2000

Supporter
22/7/20
Great review and thank you for doing so.
I didn’t think that I would be able to see the underlying tones of the dial when you described it at the beginning, however they definitely came out in the pics!

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
i like the face of the DJII better, the thicker white hour markers, and the slightly larger case

Just checked them out and have to agree on the markers, they defo look better on the DJII.

Finding it hard to see the case difference. Both have 21mm lugs, correct?

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Great comparison, well done vanzhulik . Do you in any way regret dropping $10k on a gen with such a close rep available? I agree ARF movements are the worst I've experienced in the rep world. Dirty, hard to wind, just nasty. Good after a service though!

vanzhulik

Known Member
5/8/20
Thank you guys for your support, i'm always glad to help!

Great comparison, well done vanzhulik . Do you in any way regret dropping $10k on a gen with such a close rep available? I agree ARF movements are the worst I've experienced in the rep world. Dirty, hard to wind, just nasty. Good after a service though!

Good question. Yes, sometime after purchase i was thinking that i wasted 11k on something similar to rep I have. But longer i wear it, more i understand why gen is gen. Amazing watch and amazing experience. I think i've got that initial regret coz i never had gen rolex, but now its clear that gen is far better. Plus, in this configuration (fluted+jubilee+blue dial) is a good investment too. So no regrets at all.

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Thank you guys for your support, i'm always glad to help!

Good question. Yes, sometime after purchase i was thinking that i wasted 11k on something similar to rep I have. But longer i wear it, more i understand why gen is gen. Amazing watch and amazing experience. I think i've got that initial regret coz i never had gen rolex, but now its clear that gen is far better. Plus, in this configuration (fluted+jubilee+blue dial) is a good investment too. So no regrets at all.

Yeah, the gen will probably hold it's value better than dollars in this strange year! I actually sold my gen Rolex after reps got to the stage that you need a loupe to tell them apart, and made a profit. Always an option should you need it. Enjoy your DJ41, I think the best looking Rolex of them all and the perfect watch for all occasions that looks as good with a T shirt as it does with a suit.

Reactions: vanzhulik

vanzhulik

Known Member
5/8/20
Yeah, the gen will probably hold it's value better than dollars in this strange year! I actually sold my gen Rolex after reps got to the stage that you need a loupe to tell them apart, and made a profit. Always an option should you need it. Enjoy your DJ41, I think the best looking Rolex of them all and the perfect watch for all occasions that looks as good with a T shirt as it does with a suit.

completely agree with you!

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
They are very close, I cannot really any difference between them in the pictures.

Id have to say this too... Most obvious thing to me is crystal height, everything else can only be seen side by side and even then... difficult..

Great review vanzhulik its always awesome seeing side by sides. Thank you for the time. :thumbsup:

I bet you want to keep both, dont you? lol.

vanzhulik

Known Member
5/8/20
Id have to say this too... Most obvious thing to me is crystal height, everything else can only be seen side by side and even then... difficult..

Great review vanzhulik its always awesome seeing side by sides. Thank you for the time. :thumbsup:

I bet you want to keep both, dont you? lol.

Appreciate the feedback, mate :)

Actually its good to keep such a nice rep, but unfortunately i decide to recover part of funds of gen investment i made, so will be selling 6-8 reps I have here soon, including that nice ARF.

What to do, gen is expensive :)

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Appreciate the feedback, mate :)

Actually its good to keep such a nice rep, but unfortunately i decide to recover part of funds of gen investment i made, so will be selling 6-8 reps I have here soon, including that nice ARF.

What to do, gen is expensive :)

Yeh, makes sense when you have 6-8 to sell, thats a nice recoup. All the best to you with it all. Cheers!!

AC_Slater

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/10/20
Los Angeles
Brilliant review! Very tempted to pull the trigger now. Do you know if the V3 is better than the V2? From what I see, it’ll be hard to improve from the V2!

assssiate

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
15/12/19
EU
congratulations beautiful watch. it's amazing how close arf is to gen. what size is your wrist? I'm thinking about a 36 or a 41 model. which is the best 36 model?

g1337

Horology Curious
22/10/18
Congrats on your gen purchase! I've had this exact ARF DJ 41 for a while and always wondered how close it was to the gen. Looks like there isn't much of a difference from your side by side pics.

Reactions: Mr-Famous