• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VS3235

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Please post some more pictures of this beauty. I'm so impressed with VSF Rolex reps I want to pull the trigger on this YM but would like to see some more real life and real world pictures!!

Please guys!! :)

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
It seems kind of weird that a Rolex 3135 cost $1000 to service and a a3135 clone cost $200. Are the asian clone movements the same amount of work to disassemble, clean, oil and regulate? Is this the ROLEX Luxury Tax?

Well an used 3135 cost around 2000/3000 $ when a new a3135 clone 100/200 $, so i'd say numbers adds up. Broke a gear on a gen and replacement will cost as much as a whole clone.

Heyterre

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
This YM just look so good, expect the rehaut, looks like VS used the same letter spacing apply to sub and YM

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
It seems kind of weird that a Rolex 3135 cost $1000 to service and a a3135 clone cost $200. Are the asian clone movements the same amount of work to disassemble, clean, oil and regulate? Is this the ROLEX Luxury Tax?

No it's not Rolex luxury tax. It's called working on low quality movements that break easily and are way harder to work on than genuine Rolex movements because of the tolerances and finishes are way worse and cleaning mess thats sometimes is there is more time consuming than in properly serviced genuine movement.

People need to understand that working on reps are harder than on genuine where all parts fits like a glove. Modders and watchmakers here have to be so creative sometimes to make things work you would be amazed.

Cheers

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
No it's not Rolex luxury tax. It's called working on low quality movements that break easily and are way harder to work on than genuine Rolex movements because of the tolerances and finishes are way worse and cleaning mess thats sometimes is there is more time consuming than in properly serviced genuine movement.

People need to understand that working on reps are harder than on genuine where all parts fits like a glove. Modders and watchmakers here have to be so creative sometimes to make things work you would be amazed.

Cheers

I think you might have misunderstood t3steve’s post... he wasn’t (as far as I could tell) criticising the cost of servicing a rep - but asking why a gen 3135 costs so much to service compared to a rep.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
I think you might have misunderstood t3steve’s post... he wasn’t (as far as I could tell) criticising the cost of servicing a rep - but asking why a gen 3135 costs so much to service compared to a rep.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe :) sorry it was early, anyway they have to earn $$$$ I quess