• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can you experts please help me with these ARF DJ 41 and ARF DJ 36 QC pictures?

Steggl

Horology Curious
27/5/20
Hello gentlemen,

I am about to pull the trigger on these two lovely rep's from PT but I as these are my first DJ's I am unsure about a few things.

Would you mind helping me out by judging the QC pictures of these two? Thanks in adcance!

First one is the DJ41 (mine):
I cannot find an issue with this one, can you?

Hers is the ARF DJ 36:
I know that the date is a bit bold nut what really puzzles me are the end links. I thought that they are solid but these seem to be ... moving ... with play. Is that to be expected?
Any other things you can see?

Best regards!

Pictures removed by Staff

Last edited by a moderator:

Spoons

Supporter
Certified
21/4/19
Hello gentlemen,

I am about to pull the trigger on these two lovely rep's from PT but I as these are my first DJ's I am unsure about a few things.

Would you mind helping me out by judging the QC pictures of these two? Thanks in adcance!

Firstly, welcome to the forum!

Secondly, no, we cannot do your QC for you.

Please familiarize yourself with the rules of the forum.

Here is a good place to start:https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...some-of-the-more-prevalent-rules-of-the-forum

See the two threads under the "QC Rules" heading.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
QC pics are to satisfy YOU that the watch is OK to YOUR standards, that there are no crooked indices, missing lume, offset chrono hands etc. QC pics are not for picking tells or things that are present in every example of a model such as spelling errors, happy feet, wrong lume colour etc. These things you should be aware of already either by reading or by posting a thread before you order and asking about the issues with whatever model you wish to buy.

QC pics should only be posted if you have some doubt and need to ask a question such as "Hey guys, the lume on the 6 looks a bit wonkey to me, should I let it go or ask for another watch?" or "Is the SEL gap on this excessive or is that normal on this model?" or even "I was told this is a V3.5 but I'm not sure, is it?" That sort of thing, not a general "can anyone see anything wrong?"

This is the norm across all the boards. The reason is to prevent self claimed "experts" chiming in with shit like "Don't accept this, the date is .0001 of a mm off centre!" or "this version is shit, you should have got the V 27.32". The first is answerable by remembering it's a rep and the second is outside the scope of QC pics. This sort of bullshit results in watches being rejected for no good reason and the dealers get stuck with a watch they cannot return as there is nothing wrong with it. The noob who asked also then ends up with an unrealistic expectation of what he can expect. That helps no one.

You should all be grateful you have QC pics at all, it was only 4 or so years ago they did not exist. Try to think of anything else you buy on line where you get QC pics? You can't can you? The dealers hate them, it would be very easy for me to have them stopped. One email to all the dealers telling them all to stop would be all it would take and if QC pics begin to have an effect on the livelihood of our dealers (and thus the cost of reps in general) I will do so. The guy who had this bright idea first is no longer even a dealer here.

Steggl

Horology Curious
27/5/20

Thanks Raddave, I do not want you to do my work of course. As you can see from my join date I have been doing my reading already for a couple of months without spamming the forum :p

In the end I only have this one question, similarly to what you quoted with "Is the SEL gap on this excessive or is that normal on this model?":
What really puzzles me are the end links. I thought that they are solid but these seem to be ... moving ... with play. Is that to be expected?

Can you help me out with this part? Thank you.

(If I was able to edit the first post I would do it but looks like the forum sw doesn't allow me to do so.)

Last edited:

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Thanks Raddave, I do not want you to do my work of course. As you can see from my join date I have been doing my reading already for a couple of months without spamming the forum :p

In the end I only have this one question, similarly to what you quoted with "Is the SEL gap on this excessive or is that normal on this model?":
What really puzzles me are the end links. I thought that they are solid but these seem to be ... moving ... with play. Is that to be expected?

Can you help me out with this part? Thank you.

(If I was able to edit the first post I would do it but looks like the forum sw doesn't allow me to do so.)

SELs look good on both watches

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
SELs look good on both watches

When they say "solid" end links it is in reference tot he fact that they are machined from a lump of stainless not folded sheet like those from an earlier sub such as a four digit one or a Date Just. The link is not a part of the watchcase so there will always be some movement between the two.