• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF V4 Subs

Navigator H4

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/5/20
I really cannot understand why the vsf is so popular. Everybody has different priorities, for me the gearing on the bezel ring is very bad. This may not be a criterion for many people, but once it is noticed it can be quite annoying. Arf are one of the few who get it right.

​​
Vsf, Zzf and zf all have the same font, arf is a nice exception. I like the font and the font thickness better than vsf. But of course this is a matter of
taste.

Fab87pz

2/8/18
I really cannot understand why the vsf is so popular. Everybody has different priorities, for me the gearing on the bezel ring is very bad. This may not be a criterion for many people, but once it is noticed it can be quite annoying. Arf are one of the few who get it right.

​​
Vsf, Zzf and zf all have the same font, arf is a nice exception. I like the font and the font thickness better than vsf. But of course this is a matter of
taste.

I agree. I don't think this ARF is that bad as people say, yes the lugs are not perfect but not too different from other factories ones. And I like the 2014/15 font that ARF uses more than the one used by other factories (that should be 2019 for most of them if I remember correctly)

Fab87pz

2/8/18
I have just pulled the trigger with puretime for this one. Will share with you my qc pics after accepted.. I have been in doubt for a while between this and zf and I eventually made my choice, hoping it is a good one, even though it seems I am the first one on the forum who purchases this ARF

Reactions: Tione12

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I have just pulled the trigger with puretime for this one. Will share with you my qc pics after accepted.. I have been in doubt for a while between this and zf and I eventually made my choice, hoping it is a good one, even though it seems I am the first one on the forum who purchases this ARF

Its not as bad as a lot of the forum parrots suggest.

I wouldn’t get it over a VSF now, but buying and handling a few ZZF v2’s for freinds, never made me feel I needed to upgrade my ARF v1.

Fab87pz

2/8/18
Its not as bad as a lot of the forum parrots suggest.

I wouldn’t get it over a VSF now, but buying and handling a few ZZF v2’s for freinds, never made me feel I needed to upgrade my ARF v1.

Agree man, nitpicking level in this forum is unbelievable. Anyway, I will keep you updated

mariot

22/2/19
v4 still has this problem on the dial...

618-DCB75-47-D9-4531-8-AD6-AAB20-DBDC5-E9.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777

Fab87pz

2/8/18
My (accepted) qc, if they can be useful to some of you who are in doubt among the factories
074ae2b1915bf4a0b1b0a973b9134936.jpg
7473167f41545d721b14d8eae9992d28.jpg
dce6f11e498d8fff6cc0a7573acb5592.jpg
0281dead22025a87d15120caad772e57.jpg
244bdadb92ad5a74875f9cc0d4928c7c.jpg

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1A utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Yasin129

Fab87pz

2/8/18
Crystal, markers and dw are really bad. No wonder why this thread is pretty much dead.

Agree on the crystal and dw, but I can tell you that is better in person than in pics, and it is not only flaws.. Hands finishing is very good, Bracelet is in the ARF very high standards, the watch overall is much better than my previous v2 and feels very solid. But yes, I think zf could have been a better choice..

Fab87pz

2/8/18
Crystal, markers and dw are really bad. No wonder why this thread is pretty much dead.

Agree on the crystal and dw, but I can tell you that is better in person than in pics, and it is not only flaws.. Hands finishing is very good, Bracelet is in the ARF very high standards, the watch overall is much better than my previous v2 and feels very solid. But yes, I think zf could have been a better choice..

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹

No one denies ARF quality but from today's standards vsf and zf are better. It's been four versions and they still shipping watches with the same flaws. Not even small factories are doing subs with square markers.

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Something about the overall package of ARF is highly appealing though. Yes, their markers are not as refined. But somehow I want to say they "shine" nicely(?) LOL I know that sounds ridiculous. Maybe it's the combination of the hands (because no rep factory is as good, imo). So many factories do random things better than ARF when breaking it down under the microscope. But on the wrist, ARF still has relevant quality-appeal.

That being said, crystal and DW on this example are not the best. But i usually don't get a rep Rolex without any plans to modify.

That being said, there are worthwhile options to consider nowadays which are definitely satisfactory OOTB, which this ARF falls short of.

(I've had some excellent ARF crystals though, not sure whats up with this one)

Reactions: BiH855

Fab87pz

2/8/18
Something about the overall package of ARF is highly appealing though. Yes, their markers are not as refined. But somehow I want to say they "shine" nicely(?) LOL I know that sounds ridiculous. Maybe it's the combination of the hands (because no rep factory is as good, imo). So many factories do random things better than ARF when breaking it down under the microscope. But on the wrist, ARF still has relevant quality-appeal.

That being said, crystal and DW on this example are not the best. But i usually don't get a rep Rolex without any plans to modify.

That being said, there are worthwhile options to consider nowadays which are definitely satisfactory OOTB, which this ARF falls short of.

(I've had some excellent ARF crystals though, not sure whats up with this one)

Yes, in fact I think I will change the crystal sooner or later

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
I still somehow like the ARF bezel inserts most, they somehow reflect light like gen, I had an 116710LN next to a gen and the shine was exactly the same in my eyes, so seems the 116610 inserts from pictures, it looks like the edges of the insert and the edges of the numbers are more bevelled ? Hard to describe and only had that wow effect on ARF, it was so glossy and reflective, every edge catches the light and reflects it, It's a small thing and hard to see, most people won't notice maybe, but for me it's there and allone for that I love ARF :) Did not see the same on an ZZF V2 insert, so I assume it's an ARF thing :)

Reactions: Dissemination

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
I still somehow like the ARF bezel inserts most, they somehow reflect light like gen, I had an 116710LN next to a gen and the shine was exactly the same in my eyes, so seems the 116610 inserts from pictures, it looks like the edges of the insert and the edges of the numbers are more bevelled ? Hard to describe and only had that wow effect on ARF, it was so glossy and reflective, every edge catches the light and reflects it, It's a small thing and hard to see, most people won't notice maybe, but for me it's there and allone for that I love ARF :) Did not see the same on an ZZF V2 insert, so I assume it's an ARF thing :)

Indeed. ARF does some things with a certain degree of "artisanship" that often get overlooked when we get caught up in the hype of new releases and as our hyper-analization subsequently shifts from one set of micro details to the next, whilst often forgetting about other micro details that were all the rage to hyper analyze in the not-so-distant previous era. Lol.

Reactions: Grfranco and BiH855

BiH855

18/3/19
Germany
yeah ARF know their craft, are unfortunately little lazy to move on, but at least they don't move back and what they do is still solid and competitive (e.g. bracelets, inserts, polishing)