• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Upcoming Yachtmaster 226659 with Asian 3235 Movement

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Got mine FINALLY, and I absolutely LOVE this watch. It feels amazing, and VSF really did a great job with the small details. I can't believe the quality of this piece, and this is after being BLOWN AWAY by their 116610. I have a small 6.3" wrist and the standard strap fit me at the smallest setting (thank you glidelock!) The 42mm does not feel too big though, at least when compared to other non-Rolex divers.

I just want to note that the clasp feels so amazingly solid, the clasp opening feels exactly like my gen 11665 did.

I can post a photo tomorrow of this piece vs my gen 116509 if anybody is interested to see how stainless vs. gen WG looks in the flesh. Honestly, not a huge difference but noticeable if you look very close.

2b83e93c514ad4160b030330d0c6ac3b.jpg

Last edited:

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
Got mine FINALLY, and I absolutely LOVE this watch. It feels amazing, and VSF really did a great job with the small details. I can't believe the quality of this piece, and this is after being BLOWN AWAY by their 116610. I have a small 6.3" wrist and the standard strap fit me at the smallest setting (thank you glidelock!) The 42mm does not feel too big though, at least when compared to other non-Rolex divers.

I just want to note that the clasp feels so amazingly solid, the clasp opening feels exactly like my gen 11665 did.

I can post a photo tomorrow of this piece vs my gen 116509 if anybody is interested to see how stainless vs. gen WG looks in the flesh. Honestly, not a huge difference but noticeable if you look very close.

Congrats! It’s a great piece by VSF. I’m sure the RWI community, myself included, would love to see some side by side WG/SS comparisons.

In multiply lighting situations would be much appreciated too!

Thanks and enjoy the watch!

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Congrats! It’s a great piece by VSF. I’m sure the RWI community, myself included, would love to see some side by side WG/SS comparisons.

In multiply lighting situations would be much appreciated too!

Thanks and enjoy the watch!

Glad to do so. When side to side it is definitely noticeable in certain lights (especially artificial light)

As a WG owner on the wrist the YM obviously seems to look like steel, but that is after wearing WG for years.

On the wrist and for those checking out the watch without a WG right next to it would be hard to spot. Just my opinion but wear with confidence.

Tapatalk is giving me some uploading issues so please see Imgur link below

https://imgur.com/a/MZGHEqV

Updog

18/7/19
Thanks SOLEX good side by side images!
Cant wait to pick up one of these yachtmasters, wish you could get them in steel gen

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
Glad to do so. When side to side it is definitely noticeable in certain lights (especially artificial light)

As a WG owner on the wrist the YM obviously seems to look like steel, but that is after wearing WG for years.

On the wrist and for those checking out the watch without a WG right next to it would be hard to spot. Just my opinion but wear with confidence.

Tapatalk is giving me some uploading issues so please see Imgur link below

https://imgur.com/a/MZGHEqV

Thanks mate! Fantastic side by sides. It’s subtle, but light certainly behaves differently between the two. Nothing to stop me from grabbing the YM though.

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Thanks mate! Fantastic side by sides. It’s subtle, but light certainly behaves differently between the two. Nothing to stop me from grabbing the YM though.

I wouldn't sweat it, this rep is amazing.

Davide89

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/1/21
Italy

hello, I wanted to ask if the thickness is actually greater than gen and if the weight is so significant ?? ... for the rest it seems to me a show like all vsf. thank you

Davide89

3/1/21
Italy
hello, I wanted to ask if the thickness is actually greater than gen and if the weight is so significant ?? ... for the rest it seems to me a show like all vsf. thank you

Davide89

3/1/21
Italy

Cars-Shoes-N-Scents

Looking Around
18/9/18
SOLEX How does the 116610 strap fit? I’m looking to buy the 116610 and the 226659 for my first purchases and I have small wrists as well, about 6.3-6.5 inches. Do the ones they come with fit or did you have to buy another one? I’m new here and new to watches in general, any help is appreciated.

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09

Thickness is same as gen far as I know.

Reactions: Davide89

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
SOLEX How does the 116610 strap fit? I’m looking to buy the 116610 and the 226659 for my first purchases and I have small wrists as well, about 6.3-6.5 inches. Do the ones they come with fit or did you have to buy another one? I’m new here and new to watches in general, any help is appreciated.

The 116610 strap (bracelet?) will not fit. That is 20mm as opposed to this 21mm unit.

I have a really small wrist just like you, and it just fit me on the smallest setting right out of the box. I was super surprised and very thankful as I received it just about when all the factories were closing.

.Patsch.

30/11/20
VSF said that it will only be released with the straps suited for Asian wrist size of 16-18CM, and for larger wrist size, additional links can be purchased.

How and where can I purchase additional links?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Rehaut19

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
30/12/20
Vsf crystals are really wonderful!