• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Upcoming Yachtmaster 226659 with Asian 3235 Movement

Mark113811

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/8/20
What is the time accuracy of your VSF YM42 not serviced = OOTB? Is winding butter smooth or you can hear any noise?

Last edited:

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
What is the time accuracy of your VSF YM42 not serviced = OOTB? Is winding butter smooth or you can hear any noise?

The one I have seems to be accurate +/- 3s. Winds smooth, a noise is ok more of a feel of winding mechanism engagement, a character of gen.
Keep in mind such buttery smooth could be bad, I had to send a vs3135 back because DOA, so smooth it didn’t wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hubertus

MULTI ACCOUNT
21/3/17

About time accuracy :
My YM42 , one week in use now, looses about one second per hour, winding etc is no problem.as is the power reserve (better than 72 hrs)
Test result in the QC pics gave -3s/d
Time to worry or any idea about what to do about this problem ?
Thanks for your thoughts.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
About time accuracy :
My YM42 , one week in use now, looses about one second per hour, winding etc is no problem.as is the power reserve (better than 72 hrs)
Test result in the QC pics gave -3s/d

Not great, Not terrible. Within the max scope of an standard grade ETA, but only just.

It may have become magnetised in transit - you can get a demagnetiser on eBay for about $10.

Personally, I wouldn’t worry and see if it gets any better or worse. My life isn’t that accurate.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
Mine does consistently +5s/day.
I leave the watches that I have on rotation (2 or 3 per week) on my watch winder and I get more stable results that way, because they are always evenly wound...

Cheers

Reactions: Yankeed

Mark113811

4/8/20
I'm asking cos my result is -15s/day. On TD's timegrapher was 0s/day :D On winding I can hear "shh shh" noise like sliding with shoes on sanded concrete :) Maybe long time on fly transit magnetized it. I must buy demagnetizer ;)

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
I'm asking cos my result is -15s/day. On TD's timegrapher was 0s/day :D On winding I can hear "shh shh" noise like sliding with shoes on sanded concrete :) Maybe long time on fly transit magnetized it. I must buy demagnetizer ;)

Do you hear it clicking when you wind it? If the winding action is stiff and you hear a shhhhh shhhhhh noise it can be the reversing gears on the way out...

Hubertus

MULTI ACCOUNT
21/3/17
3 sec/day or 24 sec is quite a difference, I think
Would be interesting to know about the other owners
Will wait and see how it develops in time

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met RWI

Mark113811

4/8/20
Do you hear it clicking when you wind it? If the winding action is stiff and you hear a shhhhh shhhhhh noise it can be the reversing gears on the way out...

Thanks for reply. I'm not fluent English so could you elaborate your thought in other words to make me understand what you mean please?

Ro13x

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
10/11/19
Europe
On the VR3135 movements from which I have a lot there is a big difference how accurate they run!
They run from +/-5 to +/- 20 and have different power reserve they also differ on how accurate they are depending on the position they are.
These movements are Chinese low budget mass production items and it depends on your luck how accurate the movement runs.
If your movement runs bad you have to service it and perhaps have to change some parts after that you can get a +/- 5 sec/day or even better accuracy.
And I think it is the same with 3235 movements.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Thanks for reply. I'm not fluent English so could you elaborate your thought in other words to make me understand what you mean please?

Sure. when you wind the watch does it give you the feeling that you are winding it, or that when you turn the crown is it more like spinning the gears inside?

replicaX

Known Member
27/12/16
I received my watch recently. It's a great piece, very close to gen. One minor flaw is all the numbers on the bezel, except 10, are not centered between the inner and outer edge of the bezel. They are closer to the outer edge. Number 10 is interestingly in the center.

This flaw is impossible to tell in real life, honestly. But if you compare close shots between gen and rep pictures, you can easily tell.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Mille M

I'm Pretty Popular
24/7/18
20210112-161709-Edit.jpg

RH1

Known Member
Certified
10/5/13
anyone have any photos not zoomed in? I'm really interested in seeing how this fits on a smaller wrist. The close ups are amazing, just not for what I'm after.

Mark113811

4/8/20
Sure. when you wind the watch does it give you the feeling that you are winding it, or that when you turn the crown is it more like spinning the gears inside?

I can hear it clicking silently when I wind it. Clicking is present too when I manually wind my Omega Seamaster 300m Gen but is quieter.