• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Genuine flaws

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
For those who think genuine watches are perfect.. someone just posted this on the rolex forum.. a brand new OP, with the 3 marker at 4! I have also seen an Explorer with a 9 where the 3 should be (sorry not got a pic of that).. enjoy!

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
here it is
Zhd151.jpg
Zhd9Bj.jpg

My bad, it was an Air King, not Explorer..

also a black bay bronze..

Rolex is perfect eh? And some whine about rehaut lettering not being perfectly aligned!

Last edited:

J3DD

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/7/20
MB, Canada
They'll be worth a pretty penny down the track.

I'm too poor to buy a Gen Rolex, so never read/researched regarding imperfect watches from Rolex themselves, but ya'll mean to tell me that an imperfect watch will be worth something in the future?

If I was the buyer of one of those genuine watches I would definitely send it back.

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
I'm too poor to buy a Gen Rolex, so never read/researched regarding imperfect watches from Rolex themselves, but ya'll mean to tell me that an imperfect watch will be worth something in the future?

If I was the buyer of one of those genuine watches I would definitely send it back.

Seeing as they're assembled by hand, mistakes happen and also slip through QC.

They're like dollar bills with a misprint -- they're worth 100 times more than the oringinal price in 20 years. If I received a gen with a fault like that, I'd lock it in a safe and keep it mint.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Correct. A Rolex with an error is very collectible. That error dial AK sold on watchfinder for many times retail. Error dial GMT’s are worth a fortune (there was a batch).