• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Yachtmaster 42mm - coming soon

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
Seems like VSF is teasing this model. China sources reporting 3235 clone movement. If true, VSF will lead the way of the 126610 reps. But I'm skeptical about true clone.

Seeing VSF recent releases and track record, would be a decent release at least.
2d83a7168b495a4256a96340e4d8dc9b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I don't like those. I don't think I'll ever get the rubber strap thing. A bracelet is as much part of the watch than the watch head itself is. I don't get those folks that spend $$$$$ on a watch with a rubber band on it.
Also, you cannot fit a metal bracelet onto a genuine Oysterflex model, the holes are in a different place.. but you can fit a (aftermarket) rubber strap on a metal bracelet model.. what gives? Why would anyone..

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc.77 and Bendori

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
I don't like those. I don't think I'll ever get the rubber strap thing. A bracelet is as much part of the watch than the watch head itself is. I don't get those folks that spend $$$$$ on a watch with a rubber band on it.
Also, you cannot fit a metal bracelet onto a genuine Oysterflex model, the holes are in a different place.. but you can fit a (aftermarket) rubber strap on a metal bracelet model.. what gives? Why would anyone..

Rubber strap on a rolex is like putting hubcaps on a Rolls Royce... personally I dont find it appealing either but others like it so to each their own.

Reactions: Doc.77

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
This will be an interesting release, looking forward. Besides the movement, I would be curious about how well the replicate the bezel/insert.

williajjc

Horology Curious
31/1/13
Rubber strap on a rolex is like putting hubcaps on a Rolls Royce... personally I dont find it appealing either but others like it so to each their own.

FYI. Just a different perspective...to each his own. I get what you’re saying RE hubcaps on a Rolls, however I wear a rubber strap on my gen Explorer II because the bracelet scratches my laptop while working and the bracelet on the 42mm gets quite heavy after wearing it the whole day. So I end up wearing my rubber strap as a daily and bracelet versions over the weekends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Gds__Ares

Rolie Glitzer Glitzer
30/3/19
Austria
Looking forward for one of these..... excited how the rosegold version will look like :)

Lawny

23/7/19
UK
If this is anything like there subs then my wallet is going to take another beating!

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
Oh my. This has me excited! VSF have always served me well with my Omega Reps, I love that that same quality is coming to Rolex models now. :cheerleader:

R3w1nd

Renowned Member
29/8/17
UK
Please in 316f instead of 904L

Would make no difference what steel they use as the gen is in white gold.

If 316 gets me $30-$40 cheaper watch all else equal by all means go for 316.

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

altesporsche

Patron
Certified
21/3/12
FYI. Just a different perspective...to each his own. I get what you’re saying RE hubcaps on a Rolls, however I wear a rubber strap on my gen Explorer II because the bracelet scratches my laptop while working and the bracelet on the 42mm gets quite heavy after wearing it the whole day. So I end up wearing my rubber strap as a daily and bracelet versions over the weekends.

Heavy ?? I don’t feel any difference over my 116610LN I wear mine daily and I don’t even notice it on my wrist. It’s a perfect watch in my eyes.
I don’t know how it’s not one of the desirable rolexes. The size weight and shape is perfect for someone who likes larger watches.

Beone21

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
10/12/10
Looking forward to this one!!!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G973F met Tapatalk

pane123

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/8/20

I like it but would only have it to add some variety. Would have a few watches with bracelets before I added a rubber strap to my collection but I like the aesthetic of them on certain models.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16

Depending how quality close to genuine , it’s not very bad looking , I hope they have gen RG model .