• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New release - EWF 2020 41mm novelties

repist

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/8/20
IMG-6682-2.jpg

IMG-6683.jpg

IMG-6684.jpg

IMG-6685.jpg

IMG-6686.jpg

IMG-6687-2.jpg

IMG-6689.jpg

IMG-6690.jpg

IMG-6692.jpg

IMG-6691-2.jpg

IMG-6688.jpg

ExOmegaFan

26/7/18
Germany
Apart from the DW, which looks like a factory-cooperation with ARF, this is a nice looking watch. Is anything known about the movement?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Looks like the lugs have been slimmed a little but it's still a 116610 case. The dial, bezel, and insert sizes have not been increased. The hands are not lengthened. The bracelet is not 21mm wide. Movement is probably a 2836 with deco plate based on the crown position. Pretty weak offering overall.

ZKJxQP.gif

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
It's definitely a better effort than the previous cash grab ones we saw earlier but still a mile off with the issues KJ stated.

Reactions: DR Russell

Russkiy Doc

Horology Curious
5/4/14
I'm a lifelong Rolex guy ever since I got my first Rolex in 1967. Yes I'm an old guy now.))) I never loved the big case 6 digit subs and complained about them for 10 years now. Unbalanced on my wrist ... not well proportioned. I had the 6 digit sub, GMT Master, and Exp II ... didn't like any of them and sold them all.

I had the new 41mm sub on my wrist yestetday. As soon as I saw the new 41mm in reality, I knew they had gone back to the balanced proportions of the 5 digit sub. To me the past 10 years are like a bad dream sequence from a tv soap opera.

This one in pics is a poor effort. Doesn't look at all like the gen 41mm. But the reps will improve quickly soon enough.

I ordered the no date model yesterday. My AD says they will have one for me after the new year. Not so long wait, I think.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
I'm a lifelong Rolex guy ever since I got my first Rolex in 1967. Yes I'm an old guy now.))) I never loved the big case 6 digit subs and complained about them for 10 years now. Unbalanced on my wrist ... not well proportioned. I had the 6 digit sub, GMT Master, and Exp II ... didn't like any of them and sold them all.

I had the new 41mm sub on my wrist yestetday. As soon as I saw the new 41mm in reality, I knew they had gone back to the balanced proportions of the 5 digit sub. To me the past 10 years are like a bad dream sequence from a tv soap opera.

This one in pics is a poor effort. Doesn't look at all like the gen 41mm. But the reps will improve quickly soon enough.

I ordered the no date model yesterday. My AD says they will have one for me after the new year. Not so long wait, I think.
Is it because you have an existing relationship with your AD that you don't have to wait as long?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Russkiy Doc

Horology Curious
5/4/14
Yes. I think so. I've bought many watches from him over the years. But so long time for waiting I think is problem for USA. I've never waiting for long time like what people say ... years ... in USA.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Fat lugs, dial and bezel are not actually 41mm proportion, the bracelet isn't wider... none of this has anything to do with the 2020 release lol

Neo_Goku1

Horology Curious
26/9/20

I think you are just in the honeymoon phase.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
You know you're old when you remember Bobby Ewing's deus ex machina return... :giggle:

Back on topic: that EWF looks bad. I don't expect neat reps of the 12x Subs before summer 2021.

Last edited: