• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First impressions of the VSF116610LN

7five7

31/12/19
Just received the watch today so wanted to post some first impressions and pictures to help anyone on deciding.

Overall the watch is very nice. Movement feels great compared to my Serviced SH3135, winds beautifuly smooth. Changes date and time very smooth and nice. This is probably the best part of the watch!

Case feels and looks really nice they did a great job here. Dial stands out, crystal is very nice for a rep, but I believe the cyclops is a tiny bit to close to the center compared to gen, should be closer to bezel.

overall feel in hand is good but ARF feels a bit better, mostly because of the bracelet.

I feel like the bracelet is lacking in feel a bit compared to my ARF V3. Overall the bracelet looks great and the clasp feels and functions comparably to ARF but bracelet itself feels a bit light and loose.

7five7

31/12/19
Sorry forgot to mention VSF Is one the Right ARF is left in photos. Also ARF has Gen xtal and Gen DW

jodelaplaya

2/4/14
Thanks for the first impressions !

It's really awesome for the bucks, so the only real cons it's the bracelet ?

Can you share some date shot as the ARF has gen xtal and gen DW ?

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
Thanks for your first impressions. Watch looks really nice, no surprise here. Their movement will probably be a huge step up, especially over an SH. Case is amazing as anticipated. Hands could be better honestly.
Overall a beautiful piece for a more than fair price tag.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Thanks for this little feedback, glad to hear that about this new movement!

Reactions: 7five7

Ferax

Supporter
Certified
17/12/17
So here is the first RWI owner of the new VSF sub :) thanks for sharing man!
Overall the watch looks great. It looks more black then the ARF :D
And I know what you mean when it comes to the bracelet. The ARF bracelet is just one of a kind. It gives you the gen feeling :)
Show us tomorrow some more pics in natural light please.
Wear it in good health!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks for your first impressions. Watch looks really nice, no surprise here. Their movement will probably be a huge step up, especially over an SH. Case is amazing as anticipated. Hands could be better honestly.
Overall a beautiful piece for a more than fair price tag.

Agreed - movement, case, crystal, insert look good. ARF hands are unequalled, the VSF would be significantly improved with a transplant. VSF dial markers are better.

You can really see how fat the ARF lugs are in this pic, and how much better ARF hands are.

ZKKpbi.jpg

Last edited:

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
Agreed - movement, case, crystal, insert look good. ARF hands are unequalled, the VSF would be significantly improved with a transplant. VSF dial markers are better.

You can really see how fat the ARF lugs are in this pic, and how much better ARF hands are.

ZKKpbi.jpg

I was thinking the same mate. Honestly swapping into the VSF ARF hands and bracelet and the gen crystal and DW would make the VSF a hell of watch. Almost a "super rep" even if I don't really like this term. Insert is really nice too. Nice deep metallic black.

qChella

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/3/18
EU
Everythink looks good but those hands.. Howcome they did lot of thing really good but made hands like DHgate watches..

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
Other noticeable things are that brushing is finer and more gen-like when compared to ARF. And that those lugs are beautifully shaped. Crystal is good for a rep but not that close to a gen.

Reactions: Yogibear and KJ2020

7five7

31/12/19

ZKKpbi.jpg

That’s is some what the plan. I will be modding both as follows

ARF will get Gen x-tal, Gen DW, VSF Dial, VSF Bezel/Insert Assembly, everything else stays ARF

VSF will get Gen x-tal, Gen DW, Gen Dial, Gen Hands, Gen Bezel assembly with click springs, Gen crown, and new ARF Bracelet.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
That’s is some what the plan. I will be modding both as follows

ARF will get Gen x-tal, Gen DW, VSF Dial, VSF Bezel/Insert Assembly, everything else stays ARF

VSF will get Gen x-tal, Gen DW, Gen Dial, Gen Hands, Gen Bezel assembly with click springs, Gen crown, and new ARF Bracelet.

Should have two great pieces then bro. Keeping the VSF then? Or you just want two, lol.

Reactions: 7five7

Darkness5.0

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/8/20
Great Review ... Ordered one today and that’s the exact same thing I was saying last week about the bracelet on the ZZF feels nothing like compared to my ARF V3 ! I’m not worried about the bracelet since I love the Submariner on a Rubber strap same thing I did for my ZZF and will do for VSF other than that GEN or Prof Crystal and DW and it’s one hell of a watch :) thanks for sharing !

Here’s my solution to Bracelet for now

e60london

Horology Curious
10/9/20
Can a TD source ARF bracelet if we order the Sub from a non-ARF factory? How much would something like this cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I bought an ARF 116610 bracelet from PT for $195 (to put on my ZZF LV!).. it's still in the post..