• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Release GMF Daydate 40mm models. What you think?

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I already want another :( RG with olive dial or WG with olive dial :frusty: the WG with light blue dial is a beauty as well.

Is it just the pics, cause the SS w/ green dial doesn't look olive at all. Checked at multiple TDs.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I just red light this.. poor cyclops and SEL.
I have QC from two others that have good SEL and cyclops so I know GMF can do better than this.. I hope my TD is ok with it, it's the first time I have ever RL'd before..

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I just red light this.. poor cyclops and SEL.
I have QC from two others that have good SEL and cyclops so I know GMF can do better than this.. I hope my TD is ok with it, it's the first time I have ever RL'd before..
That looks like TT QC pics. Andrew can be a little pissy sometimes when rejecting a watch but stand your ground and hell give In.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ks123

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/3/16
London
[mention]ks123 [/mention] I really like that dial, I wonder how the rest of the watch will be in comparison to GMF.

The GMF & EWF 36 date-just also look good, That’s for another thread though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah EWF makes one hell of a good chocolate dial, the rose gold colour looks same as well as the day font. wonder if BP, GMF and EWF are sharing parts

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Yeah EWF makes one hell of a good chocolate dial, the rose gold colour looks same as well as the day font. wonder if BP, GMF and EWF are sharing parts

GMF is a subsidiary factory of some sorts to BP so that makes sense. EWF I’m not sure

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Accepted QC's for your interest.. both have SEL gaps that the RG olive didn't have but they are both acceptable to me. Cyclops not perfect either but within a tolerance I can live with.. I love both of these, I'm looking forward to the WG (ss) watch especially, it looks fantastic (I note that dial on the Rolex website is more silver than white?, we'll see how it is IRL, but I'm happy either way)..

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Agreed, the SEL thing was just a lousy spring bars problem IMO.
Those watches are quite fine.

Last edited:

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
GMF is a subsidiary factory of some sorts to BP so that makes sense. EWF I’m not sure

GMF and BP is the same factory, run by same people.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
1 thing I can live with, but when I can see 2,3 things, that's not so good.. He was totally fine about it and the next one above is marginally better. :thanks:

You did the right thing, the cyclops window alone is an instant RL. Your second QC came out way better.

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Thanks mate. Here is the QC I got for the RG one as an example, it's got tight bracelet fit/SELs and cyclops is straight. I knew GMF could do better that's why I RL the YG watch..

Z6PtaX.jpg
Z6PBpi.jpg

Last edited:

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Thanks mate. Here is the QC I got for the RG one as an example, it's lovely bracelet fit/SELs and cyclops is straight. I knew GMF could do better that's why I RL the YG watch..
The RG is great, but the 4 and 8 markers looked more accurately set on the YG. As usual, can't have it all with reps... :eek:hwell:

The GoaT

Horology Curious
7/9/20
United Kingdom
In house photos until we finally get some sun where I live.

Safe to say I'm pleased with the watch. Not my first gold GMF, but my first none wrapped gold GMF so the jury is still out on the quality of the gold. But as far as color, it's pretty spot on imo.

Photos are 100% stock iPhone photos.

VAzsf6.jpg

VAzxXh.jpg

VAz9z0.jpg

VAzG2D.jpg

That is beautiful!

Reactions: Mille

panther720

Looking Around
30/1/21
Does anyone know if the rose gold or yellow gold have any differences between the GMF and BP factories?