• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Release GMF Daydate 40mm models. What you think?

ks123

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/3/16
London
I think the Rose Gold is too light in color. Rolex RG is very copperish which will show moreso in real life. The picture above especially the one outside doesnt look like Rolex rose gold. Inside or in the shade it looks closer.

Here is my gen for comparison. Not a bad effort though for literally 1% of the price. LOL

z1.jpg

Here is a pic of two gens in out door lighting and the colour has the same pinkish tone, but that being said cant really compare 400$ to 40k watch

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
peterpl Awesome watch, bro. Those roman markers on the gen dial are just perfectly set and finished! :clap_1:

Last edited:
Reactions: peterpl

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Thank you for posting your gen for reference. Looks stunning!
I Do not think it is possible to make conclusions on colour based on pics but Let’s face it, gen is gen and your pic shows the difference between China made and Swiss made!
However, we just need to enjoy reps for what they are (a plated rep from China costing an order of magnitude less than gen).
To my eyes and in real life (not pics) the rep colour doesn’t look hideous or offensive to the eyes. I can’t say the same for a lot of other gold reps we’ve seen.

I agree. I'm not trying to say a $400 rep should look like a $40k+ gen - just sharing my immediate thoughts on what came straight to my mind when I saw these pictures. I never look at gold reps to be honest and just by accident clicked on this thread so thought I would share my thoughts from someone that actually owns 2 of these in gen form - the colour on some of the pictures I immediately thought it looked off.

I actually own both gens below (Olive and Choco) and pics in the sunlight this time. The reps are pretty good though for $400 bucks or so. For the most part people would not know these are reps out in the wild. Enjoy the watches they look great.

bb.jpg

03-May-2020-c.jpg

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Wow, the genuine watch is beautiful. I doubt I'll ever see a RG DD in the wild to compare my incoming replica to.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
What did you end up going for mate, YG or RG?

I went for RG with Olive.. but after looking at the pics above im not sure if I should have ordered RG with Chocolate.. there is something stunning about both of them I just cant make my mind up.. peterpl can you tell me give me some opinion on them both, which gets more wrist time and which is more versatile and feels most luxurious, or which behaves best in all lighting etc? Thanks for any help!

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
I went for RG with Olive.. but after looking at the pics above im not sure if I should have ordered RG with Chocolate.. there is something stunning about both of them I just cant make my mind up.. peterpl can you tell me give me some opinion on them both, which gets more wrist time and which is more versatile and feels most luxurious, or which behaves best in all lighting etc? Thanks for any help!

To be honest for me in gen form the Chocolate dial is nicer than the Olive. Everyone just got caught up in the green hype with the Hulk and John Mayor Daytona, hence the Olive is also popular. In reality the green will get tiresome. In the sunlight comparing both of them the Choco is much more elegant and provides a deeper/richer hue which matches more with the RG as well. The sunburst effect on the chocolate is also nicer. The green in certain lighting conditions is not flattering but in some it looks awesome.

The popularity of the Choco is picking up immensely though and many celebs are rocking it instead of the Olive. I think the Choco and Olive are the 2 most sought after colours.

In saying that though both are nice and I am extremely lucky to own both. Both colour combinations are fetching premiums now in the grey market fetching north of $40k+ USD each.

I'm not sure how accurate the Choco color is on the rep though. I heard its a much harder colour to match than the green Olive. I will need someone to post some sunlight shots and some inside shots of the choco to try to analyse the colour.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Thanks for that.. I was on the fence but think I'll try change my order to chocolate.. I already have a green dial in my collection.

ks123

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/3/16
London
To be honest for me in gen form the Chocolate dial is nicer than the Olive. Everyone just got caught up in the green hype with the Hulk and John Mayor Daytona, hence the Olive is also popular. In reality the green will get tiresome. In the sunlight comparing both of them the Choco is much more elegant and provides a deeper/richer hue which matches more with the RG as well. The sunburst effect on the chocolate is also nicer. The green in certain lighting conditions is not flattering but in some it looks awesome.

The popularity of the Choco is picking up immensely though and many celebs are rocking it instead of the Olive. I think the Choco and Olive are the 2 most sought after colours.

In saying that though both are nice and I am extremely lucky to own both. Both colour combinations are fetching premiums now in the grey market fetching north of $40k+ USD each.

I'm not sure how accurate the Choco color is on the rep though. I heard its a much harder colour to match than the green Olive. I will need someone to post some sunlight shots and some inside shots of the choco to try to analyse the colour.

I was on the fence between Olive and Chocolate but the only reason I went olive is that the GMF chocolate dial isn't very accurate. EWF have a pretty good version tho - https://qcpics.com/index.php/RDD0240C/IMG_1428

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Yes, after some looking over the chocolate pics on a few TD sites to get an idea of the colour, it looks to me to have too much red so I have kept my order as RG with Olive.

What do you guys think of these YG with silver waffle and WG (SS) with white textured choices?