• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Release GMF Daydate 40mm models. What you think?

Bullflo3

Certified
13/2/18
In house photos until we finally get some sun where I live.

Safe to say I'm pleased with the watch. Not my first gold GMF, but my first none wrapped gold GMF so the jury is still out on the quality of the gold. But as far as color, it's pretty spot on imo.

Photos are 100% stock iPhone photos.

VAzsf6.jpg

VAzxXh.jpg

VAz9z0.jpg

VAzG2D.jpg

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
In house photos until we finally get some sun where I live.

Safe to say I'm pleased with the watch. Not my first gold GMF, but my first none wrapped gold GMF so the jury is still out on the quality of the gold. But as far as color, it's pretty spot on imo.

Photos are 100% stock iPhone photos.

VAzsf6.jpg

VAzxXh.jpg

They do an excellent job with this dial. The sunburst effect is flawless on yours and it looks really good. The rep dials don't usually su burst as well as this.

Beauty.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: YellowFin

Gds__Ares

Rolie Glitzer Glitzer
30/3/19
Austria
Bullflo3
Thanks for the pics , looks very decent , wow !! I've owned the bp one but it was nothing compared to this ..... how much have you paid for it??

Bullflo3

Certified
13/2/18
They do an excellent job with this dial. The sunburst effect is flawless on yours and it looks really good. The rep dials don't usually su burst as well as this.

Beauty.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Agreed. Definitely pleased with how the dial plays with the light. That paired with the RG makes it a looker without screaming “LOOK!”

Bullflo3

Certified
13/2/18
Bullflo3
Thanks for the pics , looks very decent , wow !! I've owned the bp one but it was nothing compared to this ..... how much have you paid for it??

Yeah I had a noob YG DD but this is far superior visually. I think it was about $380. Probably the cheapest watch I have but doesn’t look/feel like it at all.

Reactions: Gds__Ares

centrum

27/7/14
TIL that BP and GMF were working closely. How's the weight difference between the and the gen? I assume the reps are much lighter than the gens.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Reactions: Luck1519

Apniceguy

3/3/20
Agreed. Definitely pleased with how the dial plays with the light. That paired with the RG makes it a looker without screaming “LOOK!”

Amazing watch!
can you take more pictures of this awesome dial on more lightings?

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Yeah I had a noob YG DD but this is far superior visually. I think it was about $380. Probably the cheapest watch I have but doesn’t look/feel like it at all.

OMG that is stunning! Rose gold with Olive dial? I’m buying right now, that’s superb!!!

Bullflo3

Certified
13/2/18
TIL that BP and GMF were working closely. How's the weight difference between the and the gen? I assume the reps are much lighter than the gens.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

I don't have the gen weight to compare but if you can find out, I'll get mine on a scale for comparison.

Bullflo3

Certified
13/2/18
Amazing watch!
can you take more pictures of this awesome dial on more lightings?

Unfortunately those photos are the best I can do right now. We aren't due to see the sun for about another week where I live, lol. I'll take some then.

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
I am very impressed with these (not just saying that).

Hard to judge from pics but the Gold colour is very good (surprisingly). I don’t think It has got that hardcore copper tone that you get on a lot of other RG reps....and I handle a lot of reps (and gens).

Cyclops lack of AR is my only complaint. It looks worse in pics that it is.

If you buy this and decide to keep it, a gen crystal mod would take this to the next level.

To my eyes, the overall look, is consistent with what Rolex COULD or would produce but I don’t have the academic interest to compare gen vs rep pics to establish the exact differences.

All I know is the dial and hands look right and usually if it looks right it IS right, but I am not a DJ authority, just a fan. Nothing about the case geometry looks off to my eyes in real life but I’m sure someone will compare pics with gen and establish that the “case is completely wrong”.....which is the norm here, part of the fun I suppose.

Just enjoy these for what they are (400usd reps).

Pics for information:
cd7780167b9e57943abf5f3496f32e18.jpg

ed0eaf66382baa83977763ac993991ef.jpg

1109f605847f0e69d1f1ce6b49e4c7d6.jpg

a0dc271a3d79d34f619983035baf8089.jpg

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
All I know is the dial and hands look right and usually if it looks right it IS right, but I am not a DJ authority, just a fan. Nothing about the case geometry looks off to my eyes in real life but I’m sure someone will compare pics with gen and establish that the “case is completely wrong”.....which is the norm here, part of the fun I suppose.
Luckily, you won't run into too many persons wearing gens anyway in daily life. I've actually never seen one on a wrist and I hang out a lot in Switzerland for business where you see tons of steel Rollies and Omegas, many IWCs and Breitlings, some JLCs and the occasional Nautilus or Royal Oak.

Last edited:

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Pics for information:
cd7780167b9e57943abf5f3496f32e18.jpg

1109f605847f0e69d1f1ce6b49e4c7d6.jpg

a0dc271a3d79d34f619983035baf8089.jpg

I think the Rose Gold is too light in color. Rolex RG is very copperish which will show moreso in real life. The picture above especially the one outside doesnt look like Rolex rose gold. Inside or in the shade it looks closer.

Here is my gen for comparison. Not a bad effort though for literally 1% of the price. LOL

z1.jpg

Last edited:

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
I think the Rose Gold is too light in color. Rolex RG is very copperish which will show moreso in real life. The picture above especially the one outside doesnt look like Rolex rose gold. Inside or in the shade it looks closer.

Here is my gen for comparison. Not a bad effort though for literally 1% of the price. LOL

z1.jpg

Thank you for posting your gen for reference. Looks stunning!

I Do not think it is possible to make conclusions on colour based on pics but Let’s face it, gen is gen and your pic shows the difference between China made and Swiss made!

However, we just need to enjoy reps for what they are (a plated rep from China costing an order of magnitude less than gen).

To my eyes and in real life (not pics) the rep colour doesn’t look hideous or offensive to the eyes. I can’t say the same for a lot of other gold reps we’ve seen.

Reactions: StreetFighter