• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A Substantial Shoal of Subs

anj4de

Horology Curious
2/2/21
Germany
Wow...this is exactly what a newbee like me needs to get a detailed overview. I will for sure try to get one or the other watch as well. The 5514/15 range I find especially interesting.

cheers
Uwe

Reactions: rwacc and p0pperini

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Wow...this is exactly what a newbee like me needs to get a detailed overview. I will for sure try to get one or the other watch as well. The 5514/15 range I find especially interesting.

cheers
Uwe

Thanks Uwe - it's great to hear that my insane hoarding has actually been of help to someone. That makes it all worthwhile. I'd better buy some more.

Reactions: anj4de

mrln

25/11/20
EU
I stumbled across your signature in another thread and ended up here. this is so fu**ing awesome! I don't know which thread gives me more goosebumps. This one here or the A Fistful of 5-Digit FrankenSubs! Thank you for sharing sir! Nicely done!

Reactions: p0pperini

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I stumbled across your signature in another thread and ended up here. this is so fu**ing awesome! I don't know which thread gives me more goosebumps. This one here or the A Fistful of 5-Digit FrankenSubs! Thank you for sharing sir! Nicely done!
Thank you! It’s always nice to hear that someone has discovered I’m capable of the occasional positive contribution - rather than my usual stream of sarcasm and bad advice.

flextime

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/3/20
I’m going to pile on your high. Your posts on 5 digits had been an inspiration. It’s filled with helpful information and got me on my own small bunch of 5 digits (4 so far, 2 more coming). Kudos.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I’m going to pile on your high. Your posts on 5 digits had been an inspiration. It’s filled with helpful information and got me on my own small bunch of 5 digits (4 so far, 2 more coming). Kudos.

Thank you kindly. 5-digit fans UNITE!

flextime

22/3/20
Here are a few Kermits I picked up recently.
BP - JF - ARF. All stock at the moment.

7ecf716517c916e1fe1ee06e926d778e.jpg

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Here are a few Kermits I picked up recently.
BP - JF - ARF. All stock at the moment.

Nice to have a set - I also have a trio. I also had the BP but sold it - which I regret, because I really like the insert colour. The colour of the ARF insert looks really good too. :thumbsup:

Reactions: DryRun

Hippoposthumous

30/7/21
I'm here after following your link you left on my post about realistic expectations. What a fantastic write-up! Beautiful photography and so much excellent information! I sure appreciate all the effort you put into this and will be visiting this post often for reference.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Weetos1

MULTI ACCOUNT
7/12/18
Europe
I keep coming back to this thread over and over again and reading it meticulously. Bravo !

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I'm here after following your link you left on my post about realistic expectations. What a fantastic write-up! Beautiful photography and so much excellent information! I sure appreciate all the effort you put into this and will be visiting this post often for reference.
I keep coming back to this thread over and over again and reading it meticulously. Bravo !

Thanks! I'm currently working on a partnering post featuring pics of my Kermit collection - as I have 5 of the froggy buggers now. But due to my extreme laziness, it's taking forever (same as my Tudor pictorial, which has been "coming soon" for about a year...).

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Thanks! I'm currently working on a partnering post featuring pics of my Kermit collection - as I have 5 of the froggy buggers now. But due to my extreme laziness, it's taking forever (same as my Tudor pictorial, which has been "coming soon" for about a year...).

Looking forward to that next thread of yours mate, this one here was really inspiring!

Fluidtime

22/11/21
Germany
Thanks for bringing up this thread.

Wow, I'm speechless, impressed, jealous......

Great to read and discover.......thanks for share
p0pperini you're cool

aus_wolfie

Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
13/7/21
Australia
OMG I thought I was a kid in a candy store since dis overing the world of reps mid last year!

Friends and family - who I have gifted to - have asked how many more is enough?

Now I know the answer - the sky is the limit!

You go man! Go! You are an absolute rockstar in my books!

GIG

9/9/22
Amazing thread, thanks for sharing all that! This content is so quality that it could be turned into a full color hardback book.

Did you have any more information on your tropical dial mod process anywhere?

I gotta bump this for more people to see.

Rattyyy

Horology Curious
21/10/22
Trying to hide my jealousy.

That is an awesome collection! Excellent read I learned a bit.

mrhavana

14/12/11
UK
Just stumbled across this thread and just wow. It's like appreciation and addiction had a head on collision. The sense that you love these watches is palpable. Enjoy and thanks for sharing.