X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max1978
    started a topic Alternative 16610lv

Alternative 16610lv

hi guys I have read that the new Arf 16610lv is considered by many to be disgusting ... so I wanted to ask what is the other alternative for this reference? The BP?

• scottiedog
    replied
    Originally posted by masterpiece777 View Post
    you add great value in many of the same threads I am interested thanks for that!
    I would definitely second this. Thank you to KJ2020

Leave a comment:

• masterpiece777
    replied
    Originally posted by KJ2020 View Post

Dial and hands are the only knowns so far bro, 1:1 swap. I think it's reasonable to assume a rep clasp will fit, though personally I would use a glidelock not a 5 digit fliplock. I use a glidelock on my gen 16710. I don't see a need to change the crystal or the gasket.

Yeah tbh I love the glide lock so much that if possible I will put on every rolex sportsmodel
    best and most comfortable and solid lock ever made,once you get used to it you miss the glide lock on any other watch!

thanks for your very helpful and quick response!
    you add great value in many of the same threads I am interested thanks for that!

Leave a comment:

• KJ2020
    replied

somif I am correctly understood the parts needed are:

ARF : 2824 dial,hands,crown clasp and case back?
    GEN : xtal gasket?
    are all these parts a straight fit without need to do any mods?
    Dial and hands are the only knowns so far bro, 1:1 swap. I think it's reasonable to assume a rep clasp will fit, though personally I would use a glidelock not a 5 digit fliplock. I use a glidelock on my gen 16710. I don't see a need to change the crystal or the gasket.

Leave a comment:

• masterpiece777
    replied
    Originally posted by Vvvlllooo View Post

Yes, dial and hands are from ARF 2824. Rest is stock. Luckily I had arf 2824 dial on hand. Sourced the hands, lucky I found them, waited months. Perfect combo. Fantasy watch but next to my gens..oh so sweet. Its a great convo piece.
    Wow it’s such a nice peace and will planning to build one as well,currently doing a super Franken Kermit ARF base, lightly Franken Pepsi VRF base(gen xtal,crown noob insert) and super Franken hulk parts ready but have to wait until ARF V4 will release the 3135 version to decide what will be the best base to do go for..

so need to finish these 3 builds first and save some cash.
    but at least I am aware of the fact what parts I need for a build like this,so thanks a lot for this eye opener!

somif I am correctly understood the parts needed are:

ARF : 2824 dial,hands,crown clasp and case back?
    GEN : xtal gasket?
    are all these parts a straight fit without need to do any mods?

Leave a comment:

• Vvvlllooo
    replied

So dial and hands are ARF 2824?
    Rest stock ginault?

Sent from the RWI App
    Yes, dial and hands are from ARF 2824. Rest is stock. Luckily I had arf 2824 dial on hand. Sourced the hands, lucky I found them, waited months. Perfect combo. Fantasy watch but next to my gens..oh so sweet. Its a great convo piece.

Leave a comment:

• KJ2020
    replied

Rest stock ginault?

Sent from the RWI App
    AFAIK yes, I installed dial and Raffles hands. He later upgraded hands to ARF. If you really want a complete conversion, you could swap in a rep crown, caseback, and clasp.

Leave a comment:

• lawlessflyer
    replied
    Originally posted by Redheart View Post

Very nice!! From time to time some gen 16613 dial can be had for cheap, just need to snipe them on eBay!
    For now i have a bp 16613 on order. I will shave the insert, I got it any it was not too expensive (sub 80$) so a little bit of shaving is fine. I saw earlier a BP 5 16614 with gen insert for sale on repgeek so it's doable. I really hope the bp 3135 is fine for the gen dial and gen insert. I will report here !
    Nice! I will say though with the bp 5 sub the insert fitment may not need a shaving try using baby oil to fit, just a thought because on my gen spec veit tudor sub build i used a gen insert and would not fit! Thought needed a shave but a member here told me about baby oil because he had similar build and used gen insert baby oil fitment hope all comes together nicely for you!

Leave a comment:

• Redheart
    replied
    Originally posted by lawlessflyer View Post

Yes indeed bro! I like the look of blue inserts myself! here's my LN with "smurf" blue insert paired with blue rubber just need your dial yet Redheart Redhea
    Very nice!! From time to time some gen 16613 dial can be had for cheap, just need to snipe them on eBay!
    For now i have a bp 16613 on order. I will shave the insert, I got it any it was not too expensive (sub 80$) so a little bit of shaving is fine. I saw KJ2020 linked earlier a BP 5 16613 with gen insert for sale on repgeek so it's doable. I really hope the bp 3135 is fine for the gen dial and gen insert. I will report here !
    Last edited by Redheart; 19-10-20, 14:48.

Leave a comment:

• lawlessflyer
    replied

hi brother..here's the updated watch....

What a fabulous piece!!

I'm waiting on funds to pack up to transplant my Franken ST into a Ginault case set

cheers brother!

Leave a comment:

• lawlessflyer
    replied
    Originally posted by Redheart View Post

Thanks for the precious info dear KJ! I always forget about the shaving needed on the insert. Thing is I have a thing for gen blue inserts and the shaving is a deal breaker. I might have to go fantasie and get the Ginault when the funds are ready :

Dial was dirt cheap, so clipping the feet is no problem. Still that's a lot of dough for a fantasy watch ^^

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jSRtFX]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jSMRkt]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jSSkAY]
    Yes indeed bro! I like the look of blue inserts myself! here's my LN with "smurf" blue insert paired with blue rubber just need your dial yet Redheart Redhea

Leave a comment:

• masterpiece777
    replied

Those are ARF hands bro.

Photo credit vvvlllooo

Rest stock ginault?

Sent from the RWI App

Leave a comment:

• masterpiece777
    replied

It's a Ginault insert on a Ginault OR II
    Wow!
    I should have know this 3 weeks more early hahah saves me a lot of money!
    Could you pls tell me all specs of this build?

Sent from the RWI App

Leave a comment:

• KJ2020
    replied
    Originally posted by Xpanzer88x View Post

What hand set did you use for ETA base? Thoes hands look great which is hard to do now a days with Mercedes eta hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Those are ARF hands bro.

Photo credit vvvlllooo

Leave a comment:

• Xpanzer88x
    replied

hi brother..here's the updated watch....

What hand set did you use for ETA base? Thoes hands look great which is hard to do now a days with Mercedes eta hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X