• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Alternative 16610lv

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
So dial and hands are ARF 2824?
Rest stock ginault?

Sent from the RWI App

Yes, dial and hands are from ARF 2824. Rest is stock. Luckily I had arf 2824 dial on hand. Sourced the hands, lucky I found them, waited months. Perfect combo. Fantasy watch but next to my gens..oh so sweet. Its a great convo piece.

Reactions: KJ2020

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
Yes, dial and hands are from ARF 2824. Rest is stock. Luckily I had arf 2824 dial on hand. Sourced the hands, lucky I found them, waited months. Perfect combo. Fantasy watch but next to my gens..oh so sweet. Its a great convo piece.

Wow it’s such a nice peace and will planning to build one as well,currently doing a super Franken Kermit ARF base, lightly Franken Pepsi VRF base(gen xtal,crown noob insert) and super Franken hulk parts ready but have to wait until ARF V4 will release the 3135 version to decide what will be the best base to do go for..

so need to finish these 3 builds first and save some cash.
but at least I am aware of the fact what parts I need for a build like this,so thanks a lot for this eye opener!

somif I am correctly understood the parts needed are:

ARF : 2824 dial,hands,crown clasp and case back?
GEN : xtal gasket?
are all these parts a straight fit without need to do any mods?

Reactions: Vvvlllooo

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
somif I am correctly understood the parts needed are:

ARF : 2824 dial,hands,crown clasp and case back?
GEN : xtal gasket?
are all these parts a straight fit without need to do any mods?

Dial and hands are the only knowns so far bro, 1:1 swap. I think it's reasonable to assume a rep clasp will fit, though personally I would use a glidelock not a 5 digit fliplock. I use a glidelock on my gen 16710. I don't see a need to change the crystal or the gasket.

16031834706472.jpg

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
Dial and hands are the only knowns so far bro, 1:1 swap. I think it's reasonable to assume a rep clasp will fit, though personally I would use a glidelock not a 5 digit fliplock. I use a glidelock on my gen 16710. I don't see a need to change the crystal or the gasket.

16031834706472.jpg

Yeah tbh I love the glide lock so much that if possible I will put on every rolex sportsmodel :)
best and most comfortable and solid lock ever made,once you get used to it you miss the glide lock on any other watch!

thanks for your very helpful and quick response!
you add great value in many of the same threads I am interested thanks for that!:notworthy:

Reactions: KJ2020