No announcement yet.

Alternative 16610lv

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does tje ginault case has same spec as the gen 16610?
    lugs, CG and other dimenions?
    Last edited by houss1981; 08-10-20, 11:23.

Comment

The ginault is a tc case btw so yes ,same case as the last “TC” V7x , of course gen spec 100%
      we all know tc is ginault!

Comment

I’m a big fan of the 904 steel of the arf. Makes all the other visual floors disappear for me. I’ve ordered a click spring to sort the bezel as that is terrible

Comment

Originally posted by watchguyusa1 View Post
          The ginault is a tc case btw so yes ,same case as the last “TC” V7x , of course gen spec 100%
          we all know tc is ginault!
          I thought you could get shot for making such bold assertions on the rep forums...
          My FrankenSub Collection
          My Sub Collection
          My 1675 Adventure

Comment

Originally posted by p0pperini View Post
            I thought you could get shot for making such bold assertions on the rep forums...
            Lol yeah i wonder what happened to the guy who created that document where he showed how TC is Ginault, he must have been destroyed by countless lawyers for defamation and slandering lmao

In fact, he disappeared ever since
            "What's the biggest tell in a rep?"

"You!"

Comment

Why the JF is considered to have a better case over the new 904L ARF?
              Don’t haven’t seen both IRL Only a great comparison from a other member in the ARF 16610LV ARF thread(really loads of value information about the Kermit there).
              But when looking at the pictures i really can’t see why it’s considered to be better I order of the case shape?

I have ordered the ARF myself,
              And invest a lot of money to Franken it,
              So I really want to build the best and closest to gen Kermit.

Gen parts I had bought so far:
              3135 (non parachrome hairspring)
              DW
              NON AR, with LEC XTAL.
              CROWN
              B4 insert (NOS)
              Clickspring.
              Springbars

And considering to buy gen hands as well.
              I want to see the ARF in hands first,to me the 3D
              Shape looks very good on the pics
              And since the gen maxi LV dials are a bridge to far for me(5K!!)
              since i am afraid the color of the lume are to much different.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met RWI

Comment

Originally posted by p0pperini View Post
                *loading my sniper*

Comment

my apologies, I guess I am not 'ALLOWED" to mention the TC Ginault connection ....

Comment

Originally posted by watchguyusa1 View Post
                    my apologies, I guess I am not 'ALLOWED" to mention the TC Ginault connection ....
                    Too Late... DUCK!
                    My FrankenSub Collection
                    My Sub Collection
                    My 1675 Adventure

Comment

Originally posted by masterpiece777 View Post
                      Why the JF is considered to have a better case over the new 904L ARF?
                      Don’t haven’t seen both IRL Only a great comparison from a other member in the ARF 16610LV ARF thread(really loads of value information about the Kermit there).
                      But when looking at the pictures i really can’t see why it’s considered to be better I order of the case shape?

I have ordered the ARF myself,
                      And invest a lot of money to Franken it,
                      So I really want to build the best and closest to gen Kermit.

Gen parts I had bought so far:
                      3135 (non parachrome hairspring)
                      DW
                      NON AR, with LEC XTAL.
                      CROWN
                      B4 insert (NOS)
                      Clickspring.
                      Springbars

And considering to buy gen hands as well.
                      I want to see the ARF in hands first,to me the 3D
                      Shape looks very good on the pics
                      And since the gen maxi LV dials are a bridge to far for me(5K!!)
                      since i am afraid the color of the lume are to much different.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met RWI
                      the crownguards in the ARF are different from each other, they are not perfectly specular. Sometimes the bezel comes very loose and won't click unless you put pressure on it, the clasp safety is too big, and in general it's not the best.

JF was better overall, ARF is not worth 100$ more than JF's.

They updated the cost, and made shit worse, they didn't improve anything at all on it. 904L is useless and it's just marketing bullshit. It's not worth 100$ for sure, especially if it costs them like 10$ for the 904l instead of 2.5 $ for 316L

"You!"

Comment

Originally posted by mari115 View Post

the crownguards in the ARF are different from each other, they are not perfectly specular. Sometimes the bezel comes very loose and won't click unless you put pressure on it, the clasp safety is too big, and in general it's not the best.

JF was better overall, ARF is not worth 100$ more than JF's.

They updated the cost, and made shit worse, they didn't improve anything at all on it. 904L is useless and it's just marketing bullshit. It's not worth 100$ for sure, especially if it costs them like 10$ for the 904l instead of 2.5 $ for 316L
                        Thanks for you’re detailed explanation,so case and clasp is better from the JF?
                        And if change the click spring on the ARF would this solved the problem?

And what should be in your opinion the best build for Kermit,I am really an ARF fan especially for the bracelets.
                        But I want to have to get as close as possible with al these gen parts i have now.

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

Originally posted by masterpiece777 View Post
                          And if change the click spring on the ARF would this solved the problem?
                          I'm not sure about this, it's about tolerances for every single watch. Also, you could get one that works perfectly and has a very tight bezel, the tolerances are all over the place for this model in particular.

In my opinion JF's case was way better.

Forget about ARF's good bracelet if you talk about 16610 (5 digit) models, they are all rattly since they are empty inside, even the gen, looks like they are made of chinese tin.

The best you could do would be getting an ARF, get lucky with bezel and case, and swap crystal, date, insert and clasp.

Some people swap in a ginault bracelet since they are heavy and solid, they are full inside (just for personal feeling, since the gen is empty and rattly).

"You!"

Comment

Originally posted by mari115 View Post

I'm not sure about this, it's about tolerances for every single watch. Also, you could get one that works perfectly and has a very tight bezel, the tolerances are all over the place for this model in particular.

In my opinion JF's case was way better.

Forget about ARF's good bracelet if you talk about 16610 (5 digit) models, they are all rattly since they are empty inside, even the gen, looks like they are made of chinese tin.

The best you could do would be getting an ARF, get lucky with bezel and case, and swap crystal, date, insert and clasp.

Some people swap in a ginault bracelet since they are heavy and solid, they are full inside (just for personal feeling, since the gen is empty and rattly).
                            Aan thinks sir,

but is the claps from JF beter than the ARF or you mean to swap for a gen clasp?

Comment

I went for the BP option and upgraded the movement to a VR3135. Satisfied my 5 digit itch nicely.
                              "Did mcbigmac stole a watch from me?" -oascom
                              founder and member of The Official RWI Planet Ocean Club and the RWI Seamaster Club.
                              siggy by WingNut

Comment

Originally posted by mclarendude View Post
                                I went for the BP option and upgraded the movement to a VR3135. Satisfied my 5 digit itch nicely.
                                Oh can you please tell us if it's a straight switch? I am fancying a two tone BP and put a gen dial and insert on it?
                                I heard the insert will have to be shave off, but what about the DW on the BP and the cyclop position please?

Comment

Working...
                                X