• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

watch drugs

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
amazing collection popperini !!

In a world where you could go out and buy a gen Sub at rrp, how many gens would you get for 140 reps ?!

Does mrs popperini agree that you don’t have an addiction?!

I could probably have bought 3 or 4 gen Rolies for the price of 140 reps/Frankens/lesser gens. Gen Rolies that I’d be constantly concerned about damaging and watching the prices all the time, wondering whether I should sell them. A Franken costs a fifth or less of the gen price, but is very, very close to owning the gen. I’m very happy to own the reps - it’s much more fun for the money!

Mrs. Popperini knows exactly what a crazy addict I am... and for some inexplicable reason, she lets me carry on!

cjt202020

Renowned Member
Supporter
3/2/14
I thought I was bad with 22. A gen Pelagos and few other decent Swiss made gens didn’t stop me buying reps. I did actually buy a second hand Rolex once to try and curb my addiction, but ironically after having all these reps arrive safely from China, the gen didn’t make it. But that’s a whole other story *head in hands*

Quality wise there is no comparison between the pelagos and my most expensive rep. Yet I still can’t stop hunting for reps !!

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
but ironically after having all these reps arrive safely from China, the gen didn’t make it. But that’s a whole other story *head in hands*
Ouch! Sorry for your loss buddy.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
This is most of them. Apologies for the appalling quality of the quick phone pic - it’s a dingy morning here. There’s another box in my study, along with several in various stages of being modded.

1cff8cccfed73511425d604519950bd5.jpg

I’m going to set up a portrait group shoot of all the Subs this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How the hell can you manage this. I'd go crazy.

Reactions: p0pperini

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
How the hell can you manage this. I'd go crazy.
Hehe! "Manage" in what sense MCD? Choosing which one to wear? If so, then I admit that yes, it does add about an extra 5 minutes to the process of getting dressed every morning... :D

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
Hehe! "Manage" in what sense MCD? Choosing which one to wear? If so, then I admit that yes, it does add about an extra 5 minutes to the process of getting dressed every morning... :D

Yeah. If I struggle with my current 8 watch rotation.... I cannot imagine myself with your watches! I'd want to wear them all at the same time.

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
So P0pperini, who makes the best OOTB sub? Asked it so that no one else would, and, well, it looks like you might know better than anyone else :p. Incredible collection!

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
So P0pperini, who makes the best OOTB sub? Asked it so that no one else would, and, well, it looks like you might know better than anyone else :p. Incredible collection!
That's some classy "Best Sub?" smuggling right there. I couldn't possibly comment - but you may find some other members will be along shortly to administer a verbal walloping for daring to ask The Forbidden Question.

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Very much a tongue in cheek question :D. I know there is no answer. But, with that little lot you can probably Franken up a NWBIG or three.

Last edited:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Very much a tongue in cheek question :D. I know there is no answer. But, with that little lot you can probably Franken up a NWBIG or three.
My reply was intended to be lighthearted too - I wasn’t really having a pop at you... :)

That little lot already includes 9 Frankens. :)

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
My reply was intended to be lighthearted too - I wasn’t really having a pop at you... :)

Wow! Do you have a favourite? What is the combo?

angelotto

Supporter
Certified
8/3/19
Tatooine desert
So I'm in good company:cheese: between July and August I took 4 reps on RWI... I thought I was sick and go to the doctor:hehehe:

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
I did'nt see this thread about your frankens p0pperini, what a stunning collection.
I am not a 5 digits Rolex fan, but I must say that not only the pictures are an absolute honor to the builds featured, but also the historical presentation of each is as educational as pleasurable, a nice hommage to the finest watchsmithing.

Great thread !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: p0pperini

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I did'nt see this thread about your frankens p0pperini, what a stunning collection.
I am not a 5 digits Rolex fan, but I must say that not only the pictures are an absolute honor to the builds featured, but also the historical presentation of each is as educational as pleasurable, a nice hommage to the finest watchsmithing.

Great thread !!!
Thanks Mrs. Ullivan, I really appreciate your kind comments.

ryantunna

I'm Pretty Popular
8/7/14

Dude... there’s no possible way to enjoy them all. I would sell all of them and buy some nice gen pieces. You’d prob get a few

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk