• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC’s for New VSF 116610LN

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
ZHzD22.jpg

Look closely at some gen dials, they have it too. The rep dial makers have tried to copy these anomalies exactly.

Best not to get too hung up on these details. Rolex certainly doesn't.

In no other luxury brand will you find such a mashup of logos, brand marks, and fonts combined with such a sloppy, slapdash approach in using them.

Yo Rolex, your graphic designers all suck. My daughter could do a better job of typesetting that dial using MS Paint. And she's 7.

Last edited:
Reactions: stufuse and KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I noticed this after reading your post about the uneven text.
Wondering if there are different batches of the VSF, as there are two different dials.
Jtime's QC looks more evenly spaced and no weird height difference for the 'C' and 'ED' letters.

ZHzVVR.jpg

I don't see that Jtime's QC dial is substantially different. Even with the second hand in the way I can tell the C is larger, and it's quite apparent to me that the ED is larger. Compare the spacing of the final ER in CHRONOMETER to the spacing between the RO.

You can't worry about this stuff. My gen GMT from 1990 has the large C and ED so this has been going on for a long long time.

Reactions: DR Russell

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
True, not trying to get hung up on the details.
The fact that they have two dial variations is making me nervous and raises some questions for me (and maybe others as well).

Is one dial variation better than the other, are there different batches, did they source the dial from a different factory, is it a different watch altogether, etc...

No thanks to Rolex...

Last edited:
Reactions: DR Russell

qChella

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/3/18
EU
I think these look very good. I still prefer my RXF taking price into account, but these are very nice certainly.

Are there any Gen hands experts subscribed to this thread? If so, are these hands a bit flat maybe?

Im wondering about that too

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
I don't see that Jtime's QC dial is substantially different. Even with the second hand in the way I can tell the C is larger, and it's quite apparent to me that the ED is larger. Compare the spacing of the final ER in CHRONOMETER to the spacing between the RO.

You can't worry about this stuff. My gen GMT from 1990 has the large C and ED so this has been going on for a long long time.

True, I am probably digging too much into the details.
No one will see it, that's for sure.

Reactions: KJ2020

mariot

22/2/19
Date window and cyclops are not crooked. There is a little more white showing on the right side of the date numerals. This is as it should be at the view angle used. See post below for explanation.

Are my eyes deceiving me?

IIRC, dials with bold SUBMARINER text should have the little space before the Y in OFFICIALLY.

I try not to get too wrapped up in that anomaly, especially after seeing the other anomalies in those two lines of text.

I don't recall ever seeing this discussion in any Sub threads, but it was recently talked about in a GMT thread. There is uneven letter spacing near the end of CHRONOMETER. The letter C in OFFICIALLY and the letters ED in CERTIFIED are TALLER that the other letters. Also the letter F and even the last I in CERTIFIED look taller on many dials.

ZHzD22.jpg

Look closely at some gen dials, they have it too. The rep dial makers have tried to copy these anomalies exactly.

wrong post sorry..

Last edited:

mariot

22/2/19
ZHjGZX.jpg

Does the date window and cyclops look crooked to you guys, and is the date left justified?
Is the text supposed to appear as OFFICIALLY or OFFICIALL-Y?
The last few QC pics that we've seen (namely from GeekTime) show the former and yet on his website his product images shows the latter.
OP has QC shooing the latter.

bold date wheel

mariot

22/2/19
I have had gens with this bold date wheels...so we are good with this iteration of DW:)

for me the 26 is very bold. i have had more than 10 gens. trust me I'm not wrong about that

28-C00-BE8-5-EBA-49-F6-BD2-D-584-F0-EEEC334.jpg

Last edited:

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
better yes, but not right. look the 26 how bad is...

The light on the right is direct on the dial. The Dealer Pic is from Above fonts appear different & thinner in direct light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Substar

16/9/20
Here is ‘26’ on my gen dw fitted to my arf 16610. Vsf is close enough. Older gen dw’s pre2015 tended to be thicker than current versions.
91707f7af31b0ee1c505a0b3be368e6d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Here is ‘26’ on my gen dw fitted to my arf 16610. Vsf is close enough. Older gen dw’s pre2015 tended to be thicker than current versions.

The vsf is noticeably thicker

stufuse

22/10/17
UK

The vsf is noticeably thicker

beanvatan

Renowned Member
26/8/18
United States
I just pulled the trigger on this watch with Trusty. I will wait and see how mine looks. But, I am thinking to replace the VSF DW with the Gen DW later. Rip my wallet! Lol

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
I've found a handful of images of what I believe to be gens, one of which I think is a stock Rolex image. (I'm certainly no expert and happy to be corrected.) They all appear to have fat DW font which is similar to the VSF. The Sub at the very bottom is my gen 2010, which also appears to be quite fat in the font.
ZHIIlj.md.jpg

ZHIqW1.md.jpg

ZHIidK.md.jpg

ZHIaI8.md.jpg

ZHIy2I.md.jpg

Last edited:

Heyterre

Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
Date window and cyclops are not crooked. There is a little more white showing on the right side of the date numerals. This is as it should be at the view angle used. See post below for explanation.

IIRC, dials with bold SUBMARINER text should have the little space before the Y in OFFICIALLY.

I try not to get too wrapped up in that anomaly, especially after seeing the other anomalies in those two lines of text.

I don't recall ever seeing this discussion in any Sub threads, but it was recently talked about in a GMT thread. There is uneven letter spacing near the end of CHRONOMETER. The letter C in OFFICIALLY and the letters ED in CERTIFIED are TALLER that the other letters. Also the letter F and even the last I in CERTIFIED look taller on many dials.

ZHzD22.jpg

Surprisingly Some Gen shows no space before the Y in OFFICIALLY, the rep factory copied exactly from gen

Heyterre

Supporter
Certified
17/8/20

ZHzD22.jpg

KJ2020