• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC’s for New VSF 116610LN

Grfranco

Known Member
26/8/19
Conus
I was debating between this and the ZZF V3 and RXF, looks like this one is the winner. Nice piece OP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7five7

31/12/19
Congrats OP it looks great, I’ve just accepted my QC. This will be my first 6 digit sub and for the price you can’t go wrong!

Yours looks great as well! So far all the QC’s I’ve seen have been relatively good.

Reactions: Lawny

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I think these look very good. I still prefer my RXF taking price into account, but these are very nice certainly.

Are there any Gen hands experts subscribed to this thread? If so, are these hands a bit flat maybe?

Last edited:

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I think these look very good. I still prefer my RXF taking price into account, but these are very nice certainly.

Are there any Gen hands experts subscribed to this thread? If so, are these hands a bit flat maybe?

I’m Wondering the same, in the qc video in the other thread it appears there is some curvature to them. The lights didn’t glance off them like my ZZF although It wasn’t the best picture quality video and so was hard to see. Angus has also said they have been ‘improved’ for this model

The hands on the new ZZFs are really nice indeed.
9fae8cd64ec85fe6cbb91dfd5bf501c8.jpg

0de39ca221e0c485f4b39277c886d027.jpg

Your RXF has a nicer DW for sure. The case on both the vs3135 and rxf is same and is nice, the CGs let the zzf down a little.

I have the VSF en-route to me now, so I’ll post pictures of hands when it arrives with me.

Last edited:

Koric

Known Member
4/6/18
Does anybody know if that white sticker with the handwritten number is the order number? I rejected my QC and the next watch has the same handwritten number. I'm wondering if it's the same watch and they just adjust things or took pictures from a different angle.

Reactions: LaPavel

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
Does anybody know if that white sticker with the handwritten number is the order number? I rejected my QC and the next watch has the same handwritten number. I'm wondering if it's the same watch and they just adjust things or took pictures from a different angle.

Should be your order number.

Reactions: Koric

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
Hi, stupid questions. Do it VS3135 movement work like gen?
instant jumping date? And is different operator then 2836? Setting date or something? Thanks

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Hi, stupid questions. Do it VS3135 movement work like gen?
instant jumping date? And is different operator then 2836? Setting date or something? Thanks

Yes like gen

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
This made me change my order from ZZFv3 to VSF3135. :) Looking forward to have a look at the movement as well, comparing it to my VR3135.

I also did the same mate...cancelled my ZZF V3 n opted for this..hope I took the correct decision!!!

Reactions: KJ2020

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
ZHjGZX.jpg

Does the date window and cyclops look crooked to you guys, and is the date left justified?
Is the text supposed to appear as OFFICIALLY or OFFICIALL-Y?
The last few QC pics that we've seen (namely from GeekTime) show the former and yet on his website his product images shows the latter.
OP has QC shooing the latter.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
ZHjGZX.jpg

ZHjSIi.jpg

Does the date window and cyclops look crooked to you guys, and is the date left justified?
Is the text supposed to appear as OFFICIALLY or OFFICIALL-Y?
The last few QC pics that we've seen (namely from GeekTime) show the former and yet on his website his product images shows the latter.
OP has QC shooing the latter.

Date window and cyclops are not crooked. There is a little more white showing on the right side of the date numerals. This is as it should be at the view angle used. See post below for explanation.

Are my eyes deceiving me?

IIRC, dials with bold SUBMARINER text should have the little space before the Y in OFFICIALLY.

I try not to get too wrapped up in that anomaly, especially after seeing the other anomalies in those two lines of text.

I don't recall ever seeing this discussion in any Sub threads, but it was recently talked about in a GMT thread. There is uneven letter spacing near the end of CHRONOMETER. The letter C in OFFICIALLY and the letters ED in CERTIFIED are TALLER that the other letters. Also the letter F and even the last I in CERTIFIED look taller on many dials.

ZHzD22.jpg

Look closely at some gen dials, they have it too. The rep dial makers have tried to copy these anomalies exactly.

Last edited:
Reactions: DR Russell

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
I noticed this after reading your post about the uneven text.
Wondering if there are different batches of the VSF, as there are two different dials.
Jtime's QC looks more evenly spaced and no weird height difference for the 'C' and 'ED' letters.

Reactions: DR Russell