• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Today we tested all the popular SUBs for 904L steel

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
it's still ARF, we don't know if the 6 digit bracelet supplier also supplies 5 digit bracelets for them.

Having said that, being 904l or 316l is really their last problem, the 16610 from ARF is trash and totally unjustified for being 100$ more expensive than the JF one, since they didn't improve shit, but actually made some stuff worse.

Lol look at this crap, looks like a 50$ beach watch

That dw is a killer

Reactions: Tione12

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
the DW hurts my eye

IKR?

The bezel assembly is flimsy, doesn't tick for half a turn unless you press on the bezel. It looks like they lowered the quality of the building so much.

And that pearl is not centered, the whole dial is a couple ticks not centered clockwise, it's a big mess, the JF i had was miles better than this one

But this was just a small off topic, the point is that the kind of metal is not important, it's the last thing to "fix" if there are other bigger problems like crystal and DWs.

Hopefully the factories stop taking advantage of us

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
The fact that we have been lied to by zzf is bad (if it's actually true), but at the same time, the fact that no one realized it after buying their watches must mean that there is basically no visual difference in the everyday use of the watch.

You definitely CANNOT tell the difference between 316l and 904l on the wrist.

Here's a pic, which one is 904l? which one is 316l?

AF4275-A0-4-A75-47-A7-B58-F-438015-CA18-CC.jpg

Sry froozoo and the Neo-... kid have both left us so we really can't tell anymore.

AJ82

Known Member
19/3/17
Europe
IKR?

The bezel assembly is flimsy, doesn't tick for half a turn unless you press on the bezel. It looks like they lowered the quality of the building so much.

And that pearl is not centered, the whole dial is a couple ticks not centered clockwise, it's a big mess, the JF i had was miles better than this one

But this was just a small off topic, the point is that the kind of metal is not important, it's the last thing to "fix" if there are other bigger problems like crystal and DWs.

Hopefully the factories stop taking advantage of us

And the markers..... Is that the V3? So many things wrong with that one.

R0L3X

13/1/13
Real crap.

LMAO. I own gen 16610 and had the JF 16610 for a while. The JF was actually pretty good and quite hard to tell apart from gen, unless you'd look closely, you'd notice the SEL fitment is not gen like, hands were crap and xtal was AR'd for some odd reason. But overal. not bad.

BUT THIS? WTF is this junk? That date looks horrendous, the dial indices are straight crap. xtal looks like shit, bezel pearl is totally fcuked up and hands are even worse than JF.

This is not even worth $99. What a shame

Reactions: mari115

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
LMAO. I own gen 16610 and had the JF 16610 for a while. The JF was actually pretty good and quite hard to tell apart from gen, unless you'd look closely, you'd notice the SEL fitment is not gen like, hands were crap and xtal was AR'd for some odd reason. But overal. not bad.

BUT THIS? WTF is this junk? That date looks horrendous, the dial indices are straight crap. xtal looks like shit, bezel pearl is totally fcuked up and hands are even worse than JF.

This is not even worth $99. What a shame

imagine that ARF sells this shit for 100$ more than the JF lmao,

This is absolutely braindead material

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
Oh shoot it's that bronzo CuSN8 composition issue all over again but on a greater scale...

Popcorn

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

SuperFlairWoooo

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
24/10/18
I think the ARF bracelet is the only reason people like ARF so much. If the factory has exclusive rights to 904l like this thread claims. Then it makes sense. Because I am not impressed with the ARF watches besides the bracelet. I got an ARF V2 Daytona and yes the dial and bracelet are great but it has a faux 3 and 6 chrono. I also got the new 904l Kermit. That watch as mentioned on here can be nauseating. I now need to sell it or do some modding on it to make it wearable. I saw some pics of the new no date sub from arf. And the they still can’t get the bezel aligned properly. I am not expecting much from the new arf V4 release besides a nice bracelet. But hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised.

Reactions: Cowboy45

Ferax

Supporter
Certified
17/12/17
SuperFlairWoooo

I can not agree with you. I love my ARF not just because of the bracelet. The bezel, crystal and SELs are much better on my ARF V3 than on my Noob V10. But yes, the bracelet makes a huge diffrence.

Reactions: indywatchguy