• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Today we tested all the popular SUBs for 904L steel

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Everyone loves zzf and not zf so I'm not sure if this could be a ploy of some sort to get more people into the zf camp.anyway thank angus for doing this

ZF didn’t do this to against ZZF because they are good friends, as I said we all didn’t know the result before the test, we are all surprised by the result.

I thought most of them are hybrids and I didn’t expect one to be full 316L.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
I posted a pretty extensive comparison of 904 vs 316 in a gen 116610 and a gen black bay the colour is obvious and everyone in that thread could clearly see and agreed
there are 2 types of people in this people that refuse to believe the different shade in steel and the other camp that can clearly see the difference

Just like me who believes the covid hoaxs is the biggest power grab in the history of the planet.and then there are Karen's
that are scared shitless for no reason because they believe the main streammeadia propaganda and the bs there politicians are spewing

Last edited:

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
It is obvious for ARF stating this. For the bracelet factory though, this wouldn’t make any sense. If they can make more bucks on selling the bracelet to other factories, why shouldn’t they do it? I don’t think ARF will pay them such a premium to keep them from this...

Anyway, this entire topic is really strange - one way or the other ...

Plus if you knew ARF boss in person and you would know he is someone everyone respects. All the factories want to do business with him, so I think 99% the bracelet factory will honor their words.

But there is still chance the bracelet factory turn their backs on ARF, let’s find out when the watch releases.

Reactions: Ferax

McPeace

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/20
Why not? Not everything is about money my friend.

I am sure ARF gives much business to the bracelet factory and I think it is ok for the bracelet factory to keep the word of only making 904 bracelets to them. If you are in a business and it shouldn’t be hard to understand.

You only see it strange because it was started by me, you will see it fine if someone else did this.

But it is true.

First, yes, I am in a business very successfully for more then 20 years now. So I think I understand quite well. This also involves making business in China. And I honestly do not believe your first statement - in business, everything is ultimately about money... also in China.

And no, it has nothing to do with you starting this off - in contrary, I really appreciate and think it is important to be clarified, so thank you for this. Because even with reps, we do not want to be cheated upon. Because business is also about trust...

Reactions: NETGLW

JonasBuskas

Known Member
20/8/10
I’m wondering if TD will raise a claim against ZZF, and refund 100$ to customers :). It s what should hapen in normal professional buisness world.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
First, yes, I am in a business very successfully for more then 20 years now. So I think I understand quite well. This also involves making business in China. And I honestly do not believe your first statement - in business, everything is ultimately about money... also in China.

And no, it has nothing to do with you starting this off - in contrary, I really appreciate and think it is important to be clarified, so thank you for this. Because even with reps, we do not want to be cheated upon. Because business is also about trust...

It’s NOT everything my friend. Maybe you have just not met the business partner that you prefer keeping them as friends rather than making more money.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
I’m wondering if TD will raise a claim against ZZF, and refund 100$ to customers :). It s what should hapen in normal professional buisness world.

Its illegal selling reps ha ha so they wont be refundable but you know this as I can see you smiling .but I still stand by the zzf v1 as being 904 I can't speak on the v2s or the v3 though

Last edited:

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
How much is the cost difference of steel? The news comes as a surprise but I'm sure a lot of us bought into the ZZF because of how much of an impact they had upon release...

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06

No because it’s replica business. It’s not the first time we have this kind of issue. We also had such problems with sapphire crystals, Swiss movements, gold plated/wrapped metals, superlume, etc

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
How much is the cost difference of steel? The news comes as a surprise but I'm sure a lot of us bought into the ZZF because of how much of an impact they had upon release...

The reason zzf is good is the cf partnerships there dials and inserts are amazing.plus they seemingly are listening to us and fix all the flaws we tell them about pretty quickly. they only have 1 flaw to fix now and that is the cg.

Oh and the steel material and not lieing and need to lower the price lol

Last edited:
Reactions: mari115 and Fervid

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Whoh the forum is bugging out and has turned white wtf

Last edited:

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06

The cost of each case is not significant but if you want to use 904 for your case and you need to buy a lot of 904 steel rods but every time you only use a little so the small factories don’t want to do this. The case/bracelet factories usually have a lot of 316L inventory so the makers don’t have to buy 316L steel stocks.

Plus not every factory is capable of making 904 parts because it needs some special tools and machines.

LaPavel

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/8/17
EU
The reason zzf is good is the cf partnerships there dials and inserts are amazing.plus they seemingly are listening to us and fix all the flaws we tell them about pretty quickly. they only have 1 flaw to fix now and that is the cg.

Oh and the steel material and not lieing and need to lower the price lol

I think zzf will quickly fix the flaw and switch to full 904l steel and increase the price ..

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
What's going on why is the forum turning white like this ?
Screenshot-20200926-110939-Opera.jpg

Last edited:

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I think zzf will quickly fix the flaw and switch to full 904l steel and increase the price ..

Fix the 904L, maybe, raise the price? I don’t think so.

Reactions: ra1n

McPeace

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/20
It’s NOT everything my friend. Maybe you have just not met the business partner that you prefer keeping them as friends rather than making more money.

Serious? I do not think you are in any position to judge my (successful) way of doing business for many years now ... and you probably missed the point where I also said it is about trust. But anyway, off topic...

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Fix the 904L, maybe, raise the price? I don’t think so.

Lol raise the price jeeez its already really high price .they need to lower the price and tell all tds that the watch is 316 so they can advertise it as that

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Serious? I do not think you are in any position to judge my (successful) way of doing business for many years now ... and you probably missed the point where I also said it is about trust. But anyway, off topic...

I was not judging you but stating a fact that I learned from my less than 20 years of (successful) business operation.

Last edited:

JonasBuskas

Known Member
20/8/10
Its illegal selling reps ha ha so they wont be refundable but you know this as I can see you smiling .but I still stand by the zzf v1 as being 904 I can't speak on the v2s or the v3 though

It was sarcastic :). even in the gen world nothing happens...