• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Today we tested all the popular SUBs for 904L steel

arpa90

2/11/18
So all those people who claim to be able to visually tell the difference between 904 and 316 steel are idiots. Since no one ever suspected ZZF to be lying.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
puretime was the zzf that was tested the v3?

They took a brand new piece a few days ago so I suspect it was the latest but it has nothing to do the versions since they didn’t update the case and bracelet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
So all those people who claim to be able to visually tell the difference between 904 and 316 steel are idiots. Since no one ever suspected ZZF to be lying.

You can if you put one 316L and one 904L side by side and you can tell from the steel color, 904L is slightly brighter/whiter.

But you can hardly tell if you have only one 316L watch on hand.

It is a trust thing after all, we just chose to trust what the factory and TD say.

arpa90

2/11/18
They took a brand new piece a few days ago so I suspect it was the latest but it has nothing to do the versions since they didn’t update the case and bracelet.

The new v3 has a new bracelet. Its supposedly made by the same factory as ARF. If you still have the ZZF that was tested you can check if it is the newer version. The clasp code changed to "1LD"

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
The new v3 has a new bracelet. Its supposedly made by the same factory as ARF. If you still have the ZZF that was tested you can check if it is the newer version. The clasp code changed to "1LD"

The makers do not share factories especially the big factories, their factories couldn’t even fulfill their orders and they won’t take orders from others, no mention it is a competitor.

And the test was a few days ago and it should be the latest version.

foozoo58

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/11/19
The makers do not share factories especially the big factories, their factories couldn’t even fulfill their orders and they won’t take orders from others, no mention it is a competitor.

Any way you can share some qc real pics of the ZF sub?

also when is the arf v4 coming out? I thought it was supposed to be this week

LaPavel

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/8/17
EU

I want to see evidence of zzf. zzf destroys the competition and it seems to me like a fight between the factories. show us if you are testing v3 with code on buckle 1ld. this thread comes to me as propaganda for zf, because the members completely slandered it and no one wants to buy it now ...

Last edited:
Reactions: mari115 and Elno38

McPeace

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/20
For the ZZF V2S, that is pretty dire indeed. But the V3 still is not released and is supposed to have the ARF bracelet according to some other well known TD, so let’s see this one...

fradic

Renowned Member
16/9/11
For the ZZF V2S, that is pretty dire indeed. But the V3 still is not released and is supposed to have the ARF bracelet according to some other well known TD, so let’s see this one...

According to the same TD that is selling a 904 ZZF sub. Do the maths my G

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
Just sharing my experience. My first batch ZZF v2 had a very noticeable and annoying yellowish tone to the steel compared to ARF and gen. I just thought it was due to different brushing but now I am having doubts. Maybe it was just a bad one. We’ll see.

Last edited:

NETGLW

3/8/20

mate whats it gonna change if the bracelet is 904 when the watch case etc is 316? anyway for future purchases: always go for 316L with ZZF as everything is 316L and you save 100 bucks

McPeace

13/9/20
According to the same TD that is selling a 904 ZZF sub. Do the maths my G

True. Still, Li is highly trusted around here, which makes it a bit TD vs TD here... But again, it is still open wether this is the new V3. If it is, that’s would be a real fuck up. As it is for the V2S. Anyway, bad news...

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
True. Still, Li is highly trusted around here, which makes it a bit TD vs TD here... But again, it is still open wether this is the new V3. If it is, that’s would be a real fuck up. As it is for the V2S. Anyway, bad news...

Pretty sure Li didn't know about the steel and trusted the factory or the factory trusted the case and bracelet maker. But looks like they made alot of money by doing this. No wonder arf prices when it is real rolex steel.

McPeace

13/9/20
How would Li know?! He doesn't make them! Plus all TDs sell them, so WTF people?!

Fully agreed. That’s not the point though. Question for me is around the new ARF bracelet on the V3 (which would then by 904 presumably), if this is really on that watch,which Puretime says is not the case somewhere here in the thread.

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
Fully agreed. That’s not the point though. Question for me is around the new ARF bracelet on the V3 (which would then by 904 presumably), if this is really on that watch,which Puretime says is not the case somewhere here in the thread.

It won’t be difficult to find. Just wait for v3 to be out. Users will have no problems to compare the new zzf bracelet to arf.

Futzorr

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/8/19
EU
Well that's disappointing.. Just ordered a ZZF V3 few days ago. Might see if I can change that order.
If ZZF is lying about the materials they're using, I won't be supporting them, regardless of how good the watch is overall. It's a 2-way trust. They need us as much as we need them.

Reactions: Ecender and diamant